Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubble mailer again! Smashed box and bubble again!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

A couple of my Ex Girlfriends from Wheeling, work Fast Food. I wouldn't trust 'em.

did someone have a bad experience at a Wheeling Drive Through?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

I have an order in for Guy that seems to be vacationing in CA.
      According to the tracking info, it went from Ontario to LA then out to Nevada for awhile. Then it went back to LA, Sacramento, Kettleman City, San B. Seems like it might be going the right direction now as it took some time off in AZ and has now made it to Dallas.

I ordered on the 18th - maybe I will see it by this weekend? Yet unknown how many pieces it will be in or if it has been smashed in transit.

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

We had an incredibly funny experience with the Poltergeist lady at the Wendy's across from the hotel a few years ago. Tough to explain but those that were there still laugh about it when it comes up. One of those, you had to be there, experiences.

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
        A couple of my Ex Girlfriends from Wheeling, work Fast Food. I wouldn't trust 'em.

did someone have a bad experience at a Wheeling Drive Through?
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

every figure I have gotten from Matty comes in an outer box

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            every figure I have gotten from Matty comes in an outer box
            Me too. I've never had a problem with them. Green Arrow took almost 2 months to arrive, but I assume that comes from ordering so close to Christmas. Otherwise, its usually 2-3 weeks and it's in good shape. I hope I haven't jinxed myself lol.

Comment

• MegoMark71
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 18, 2008

Mine came smashed as well. Dealing with customer service is like spikes to the face. I have no love for matty.com and they are the reason i sold all my MOTU classics a while back. There is no excuse for the operators to not have some knowledge about the products or at least have a screen on their computers that they can bring up a picture of what the customers are talking about.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                WANTED for card bending
                • Apr 26, 2008

Matty outsorces the whole distro to digital river, they should look elsewhere after seeing how much product they have to replace each time something ships. $8.70 to ship a bubble mailer? someone is skimming off the top for sure.

and I think MOTU would have sold better in stores like Target and Wal Mart. seriously what were they thinking? I was so tempted, but after not being able to get He-Man himself, i gave Matty the bird and called it a day.
                Last edited by bizzaro megomauler; May 28, '11, 6:44 PM.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Actually there's a new distributor too, and they seem to be the ones doing the bubble envelopes.

I wouldn't blame DR on this one entirely.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                    WANTED for card bending
                    • Apr 26, 2008

either way for almost nine dollars, i expect better packaging to ensure safe delivery.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

You're preaching to the choir.

Comment

• boynightwing
                        That Carl Guy
                        • Apr 24, 2002

Mine came in a bubble mailer this time! But Guy is fine and the white box protected him. The box is fine too.

Comment

• gummi
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 2, 2009

I honestly feel that I need to buy two of each now just to avoid the bubble mailer. It's not a big deal for me because I like having the extra to leave boxed, but for others I can see how this would be a real deterrent. I sincerely hope it's not some scheme on Mattel's part to sell more units. Whatever the reason, it's completely unacceptable considering the shipping charges.
                          "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎