Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubble mailer again! Smashed box and bubble again!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bizzaro megomauler
    WANTED for card bending
    • Apr 26, 2008

Bubble mailer again! Smashed box and bubble again!

even though at the checkout it said BOXED SHIPMENT i got a smashed guy in a bubble mailer. I guess they want you to order multiples to ship in a box? at $8.70 a fig to mail, you bet I called and chewed them out again. I am very reluctant to order a John Stewart this time around

Seems the mailman must hate me or something i have not gotten an undamaged toy in the mail lately. (Except when buying from members here, go figure)
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

I ordered just one and it was actually shipped in a fairly large outer box. It was sent from Ontario, CA.
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
      GL of Mego Sector
      • Oct 8, 2007

Mine came mangled in a bubble mailer as well.
      No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by mikeoz
        I ordered just one and it was actually shipped in a fairly large outer box. It was sent from Ontario, CA.
        Yeah I noticed that, that it came from Canada, quite suprised. It always takes forever to arrive from Canada, and it only took 9 days. I got mine in a box, but how the hell does the bubble get crushed, its quite a sturdy box

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
          Say No To Kryptonite!
          • May 9, 2011

Mine came in a bubble mailer but was in perfect condition.
          Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• mikeoz
            Mego Maker
            • Mar 9, 2007

Originally posted by alex
            Yeah I noticed that, that it came from Canada, quite suprised. It always takes forever to arrive from Canada, and it only took 9 days. I got mine in a box, but how the hell does the bubble get crushed, its quite a sturdy box
            I didn't even realize it was Ontario, Canada. I assumed it was Ontario, California - just outside of LA.
            Looking for:
            Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
              Say No To Kryptonite!
              • May 9, 2011

It is KALIFORNIA.
              Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                WANTED for card bending
                • Apr 26, 2008

My mailman is overloaded daily, so i can imagine whatever he gets loaded, is handled less than delicate...lol I get Blu rays with broken cases, and the like. Mom ordered some plate, that arrived broken as well, even in a foam crate! Damn NY mailmen playing warehouse hockey with everyone's packages...lol
                I believe the more people have to handle these things, the greater the chance for damage. Hence if they were Megos, they would arrive fine being here on the east coast!

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 23, 2011

Mine came today i bubble mailer in perfect condition all the way to Massachusetts. I must be lucky because I have had zero problems.

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 11, 2009

Originally posted by alex
                    Yeah I noticed that, that it came from Canada
                    Ontario, CALIFORNIA

Mine was also in the bubble envelope and arrived in perfect condition.
                    Last edited by SciFiGuyLA; May 26, '11, 7:21 PM.

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

I bought two and they were shipped in a box. Arrived perfect but one of mine had a defect in the head. Looks like a mold defect.

I called Mattel customer service and talked to someone that had zero intelligence in toys. Just my description of what was wrong took her over 10 minutes to enter into the computer. I'm hoping it was either her first day on the job....or her last because she was tough to deal with. They are supposed to contact me within 48 - 72 hours. We'll see what happens. Usually I wouldn't complain but for $25 delivered I guess it should be mint.

Has anyone dealt with Mattel's return policy? Just wondering what I should expect when they call.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Yeah, I hope this practice ends sooner rather than later.

Luckily my bubble didn't get smashed, but the shipping box WAS crushed on the side. No damage whatsoever to the figure or card thank goodness (I am keeping my RAs carded).

But it has damaged some of the packages for MOTUC figures I have ordered. I collect those loose, but I still don't want my toys damaged.
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by megocrazy
                          I called Mattel customer service and talked to someone that had zero intelligence in toys. Just my description of what was wrong took her over 10 minutes to enter into the computer. I'm hoping it was either her first day on the job....or her last because she was tough to deal with.
                          Maybe she used to work in fast food in Wheeling, WV?

Comment

• jemboy2004
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2005

Mine was shipped in an envelope and then in the whit box. The white box that all the exclusives come in. I'm all the way in MA too and mine came from CA also but the box was a little dented but the the item inside was perfect. Even the card and bubble looked great but I'm gonna open mine so if the card was damaged it would not bother me too much.

The figure is awesome!

Comment

• megocrazy
                              Museum Trouble Maker
                              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
                              Maybe she used to work in fast food in Wheeling, WV?
                              She wasn't that smart.
                              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎