Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want Matty to continue the Retro Green Lanterns?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEMEGO
    Career Member
    • Sep 6, 2007

I agree the market is already flooded with OVERPRICED Green Lantern Stuff, which once the Movie has passed will be sitting on the discount bin for a number of months.(like new trek and terminator and gi joe)
    Mattel should move on to other Hero/Villian related figuresd. I for one would love a HawkMan/Hawkgirl set or a Doctor Fate (Classic) with a Matty new version exclusive.
    I do want a well made Green Lantern Arisa and Star Saphire figure though.

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
      GL of Mego Sector
      • Oct 8, 2007

It goes without saying (or it would have if I didn't just say it) that I would love this line to keep going onto infinity. That said I am sure it won't, but I would love to get a Kilowog out of the deal. Star Sapphire would be nice too, heck a repainted Luther head on the GL body makes Abin Sur. I know I am probably in the minority on this one, but I love this side line and will gladly take any Mego style Lanterns I can get.
      No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

If they were continuing the GL line as MattyCollector exclusives, I'd like to see:

HEROES:
        Kilowog
        Guardian two-pack (one male, one female)
        Katma Tui
        Tomar Re
        Alan Scott/Golden Age GL

VILLAINS:
        Black Hand
        Star Sapphire
        Legion (from Emerald Dawn)
        Qward Weaponeer
        Oan Manhunter

I'd also really, really like a modern/JL outfitted John Stewart, too!
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
          WANTED for card bending
          • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
          Orginally we were making more than the four GL exclusives, but as scheduling
          got tied up, the line-up shrunk.

Have fun trying to guess who else was in there - someday I will be able to
          reveal the answer.
          Thinking they had to include:
          Kilowog
          Tomar Re
          The bald unreleased/original Stewart from the original RA lineup protos
          and Abin Sur

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler

The bald unreleased/original Stewart from the original RA lineup protos
            and Abin Sur
            There was never a bald Stewart proto, however I would like a Stewart in his animated Justice League outfit as well.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

reveal the answer.

He just HAD to be on the list. Mattel saw that, realized the figure would be so awesome folks heads would explode because they couldn't handle the coolness, so they went with Kyle Rayner instead.

It'll happen some day, Doc. You moved the heavens to get us Retro Heroes, you can do it again and get us our G'Norts. Chase that dream, son!
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I would gladly continue buying from this line if we could get:
                Kilowog
                Tomar Re
                Abin Sur
                Alan Scott

I'd set up a shelf just for Green Lanterns!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

nah!,i just want to see more classic DC superheroes in the four per wave format ,as they are doing now.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

reveal the answer.
                    Wow! Did they reach the prototype stage or just proposal?

So perhaps Alan Scott did have potential!

In my mind I was thinking Kilowog, Tomar Re and Abin Sur might have been shoo-ins given their prominence in the new movie.

Even though I know he's the longest shot ever, I'm shocked at the shout-outs people are giving G'Nort. I honestly thought I was the only one. DC/Geoff Johns are completely disinterested in him currently. Dog love the Brave and Bold cartoon though.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Dec 30, 2007

It would have been interesting to see how they would fit characters like Kilowog or Tomar Re in RA bubbles.
                      Alan Scott could have been the best RA figure released yet.
                      A GL Sinestro with or without mask would have been cool, easy, and Abin Sur would also have been an easy but essential character.
                      They also could give us the classic GL costume on any character (the one where there's no green on the shoulders but just a straight-cut line from the torso?) and that would have been a neat, alternative look. People might have bought a lot of that figure for the old-style costume to put on there other GL figures.

Comment

• Spider-Lizard
                        • May 24, 2011

Green and Yellow lanterns, yes. Kilowog and Arkilo on the Darkseid body, Tomar and Romat Rue, and it would be really cool to see a retro Maash head (s).

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎