Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

He turned out pretty good. A new body would have been ideal, but this is the next best thing. I don't know if a padded body would work for other "big guy" figures, but it's the right shape for Darkseid.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• THE FALCON
      Career Member
      • Jan 2, 2011

Interesting. So I guess all other big muscle dudes will have the same treatment.

Comment

• wilbs518
        Mego Collector
        • Jul 25, 2009

Thanks for the pics.
        sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

For people who hate the "padded body suit" when making customs or if they want to beef up their Darkseid in a custom way. Dr. Mego will be making a muscle body available on his site in the way future if you people are looking to go that route.
          The figure will according to him colored "paper white" but I am sure nobody will complain about it.

I'm guess it will look a lot like the Brock Samson figure with beefed up legs.

For me recently, I have bought about 8 Brock Samson dolls and beefed up the legs. They are 8 inches tall and the top torso looks a lot like a Hulk body but the legs are long and skinny.
          With a little clay I have done this...

(shot taken in progress as I was "building it up")

The outcomes for me have been this...

The Absorbing Man

The Rhino

(and Kingpin..."work in progress")
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Foolkiller
            • Feb 10, 2011

In all my years of on and off comic collecting I never got into the 1970's Kirby Fourth World stuff until I recently bough a nice pile of old Forever People and New Gods comics. There's some great characters that would look incredible in this line like Orion and Dessad, don't know how well they'd sell though (prob not at all). I hope Mr Miracle is on the drawing board at least!
            "Live a poem or die a fool"

Comment

• rlkrefft
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 14, 2010

What cape are you guys using for Darkseid? Can you post pics of him with the cape? What years did he wear a cape? I know the Super Powers figure had a cape but I remember him mostly without a cape.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I think he had a cape in the post-Kirby "Return of the New Gods" series in the late 70s. He also wore one in the JLA/JSA crossover that spun out of those stories in 1980.

Other than that, I think it was just seen on DC style guide artwork during the Super Powers era.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jacsfc
                  Really? i own this figure and it is excellent. the only thing i did was add a cape and i could not be happier with it.
                  It isn't even the padded Suit I hate...it's the Head Sculpt.
                  sigpic

Comment

• jacsfc
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 2, 2004

have you seen an actual figure? the figure looks better than any pics i have seen.

Originally posted by The Bat
                    It isn't even the padded Suit I hate...it's the Head Sculpt.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by rlkrefft
                      What cape are you guys using for Darkseid? Can you post pics of him with the cape? What years did he wear a cape? I know the Super Powers figure had a cape but I remember him mostly without a cape.
                      I was using a darker shade of blue with a gold tack I made into a medal/pin that he used to wear in the front and I scrapped the idea and I am going to try something with a dark blue satin material I bought tonight.
                      I'll send you a private picture when I get done. Pretty sure people don't want to see a million pictures of people sticking capes on an EMCE Darkseid.
                      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎