X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by THE FALCON
    I'll never buy from TRU online again. I ordered Wonder Woman from them and the item arrived crushed inside a bubblewrap envelope.
    damn! that sucks talk about bad service

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

I have been in Atlanta ga and champaign il these past two weeks. No figs at tjmaxx. Atlanta had monsters and twilight zone only.
      Champaign had ghostbusters and wave three minus wonder woman and one lex left over.
      Bought me ray stance, flash and cap cold.
      Flash seems in this store to suffer from severe nose rub, so I got the only one that was nice. Cheetah bubble wasn't fastened right at the factory....I could have very well pulled her right out.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

I used the $5 off coupon and picked up Two-Face and Black Manta @ TRU after all. I'd rather have picked up Wonder Woman and Cheeta because my girls would have loved coming home from school and seeing those characters instead, but sadly there wasn't a single wave 3 character in sight. I have to say I almost didn't buy anything on a matter of principle. Part of me felt that I should only buy the figures from wave 3 because that's what I planned or wanted to buy when I drove to TRU. I debated in my mind about picking up a Lex or Sinestro, but I didn't want to give TRU the satisfaction of buying peg warmers in bad condition at full price. I picked out the Black Manta I wanted of the two on site and grabbed the only Two-Face. All of the wave 2 figures (Aquaman was the only other figure left) had these non-TRU stickers (in the front) with the price of $24.99 blacked out by a permanent marker. I wonder what happened there. Did someone return figures they bought elsewhere? Then I put all the WGSH RA's away and considered buying the Venture Bros. instead. All of those were there. I thought about only getting Brock Samson, but I'd have to spend over $25 for the $5 discount to qualify. I put everything away thinking I'd rather not spend $20 a pop by collecting a new series and besides hardly anything on the shelves looked decent or brand new. Heck, the Monarch was practically ripped right off the card. My wife then tells me to just get Two-Face and Black Manta because I already had Batman and Aquaman and we'd be done with that series so that's how it went down: I nearly bought nothing, but picked up 3 items because of her say so. The 3rd item was the last Tron: : Legacy frisbee on the shelf, I couldn't pass it up for $8.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

Originally posted by jacoblb
          All of the wave 2 figures (Aquaman was the only other figure left) had these non-TRU stickers (in the front) with the price of $24.99 blacked out by a permanent marker. I wonder what happened there. Did someone return figures they bought elsewhere?
          I saw this at my TRU as well. They were probably sent over from the TRU Express stores that closed down after Christmas. I bought a couple figures at a TRU Express and if i remember they had stickers like that.
          Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• THE FALCON
            Career Member
            • Jan 2, 2011

I went to two TRUs and saw they added more Lex and Sinestros all with those crossed out stickers. I thought they were finally marked down. I scanned one but it was still full price. All of the cards have shelf ware.

Comment

• silentj76
              • Aug 25, 2009

I ordered the flash from the TRU website and received mine in a bubble envelope with a dented bubble and badly creased card. I had planned on opening him anyway, but I thought I am glad I did not want a mint on mint card example. I ordered two face and batman from them and they were shipped in a box with good flat near mint cards. I wonder why they couldn't do the same for flash, because I paid the same shipping for each order. Crappy service but I am happy with the flash and he has the improved body.I also have to say this a really great forum, I wish everyone the best.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎