X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOU
    Museum FIN-atic
    • Nov 20, 2003

WAVE 3 at TJ MAXX?

Has anyone spotted Wave 3 at TJ Maxx stores? I ask because some guy at TRU told me his friend picked up all but Cheetah at TJ Maxx. I think he's probably mistaken but I figured I'd ask here just in case.
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

I thought Mattel stated wave 3 would not be sent discount chains because they adjusted the production volumes. Rather surprised if they are there already. He has to be mistaken.
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Lou if your friend did, I would love to see some pics. That would be headline worthy if accurate.

Comment

• LOU
        Museum FIN-atic
        • Nov 20, 2003

LOL! Not my friend Tom, just some dude looking at them in the aisle with me. I am quite certain he's mistaken but he was very sure of himself, even after I explained that they only carried Wave 2 over the Holidays. I'll stop by a TJM today for the heck of it but I sincerely doubt this guy was right. Why he would say that is beyond me if it's not true, but he did.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Lou is our official great white collector/predator. Always on the lookout for stranded action figures. Wounded and floating in discount isles, waiting for that sudden jerk as Lou grabs from below. Keep us posted brotha.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

While this guy may be legit, I've found people that have the slightest bit of knowledge about something often like to extrapolate and spread their "insight" amongst others. Particularly with a captive audience in an action figure aisle. I just usually nod my head and go on.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• LOU
              Museum FIN-atic
              • Nov 20, 2003

LOL@Tom! Yes, I try and stalk the stores that carry the Retros...much like a rogue shark! LOL! Of course I'll keep folks here updated on anything I may find!

@Chris-Yes, exactly Chris. Just as I suspected, the guy likely embellished his story after finding Wave 2 at TJM's. It also helped his cause that I wanted to believe him so badly as well!

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

just came from there and they had nothing
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 9, 2008

I visited the one near me on my lunch hour and all they had was one crushed bubble and torn open Black Manta and no one else. Nothing really special in the toy section either. Looked like a lot of WWE junk and rather current Star Wars stuff. A few G.I.Joe rise of Cobra neo vipers as well.

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

Man, I do not want to vist every TJ Maxx in town ( and northern Kentucky) but I want some of them villians. Two Face and Luthor for putting on a 9" Silver Age Hasbro body and a Black manta cause he lookslike he belongs with my Trek Aliens !

( I lost all patience for "The Hunt" somewhere along wave 400 of Marvel legends.)

Comment

• LOU
                      Museum FIN-atic
                      • Nov 20, 2003

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! After visiting every TRU within a 50 mile radius I have FINALLY found Cheetah and Wonder Woman!!! Of course I wound up finding them at a comic shop I used to go to years ago that I'd forgotten all about until I stumbled upon it listed on Google (I'd assumed they'd long closed.) Of course as expected they are marked up to $27.99 but heck, I'd spend that extra $16 in gas anyway driving around to TRUs so I figured it's well worth it to grab Cheetah and Wonder Woman at that price. So I am off to go get them in a little bit! Awesome!

Comment

• jacoblb
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2009

So I guess there's no proof still that TJM has wave 3. I plan to stop by a TRU and apply a $5 off coupon and hopefully I'll score buying at leats 2 of the 4, but I doubt my location carries it. I can see it in my mind now: only Lex and Sinestro on the pegs.

I would have purchased wave 3 via TRU.com, but the selection dwindled by the time I got around to it. Now TRU is using eBay so that's weird.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by jacoblb
                          So I guess there's no proof still that TJM has wave 3. I plan to stop by a TRU and apply a $5 off coupon and hopefully I'll score buying at leats 2 of the 4, but I doubt my location carries it. I can see it in my mind now: only Lex and Sinestro on the pegs.

I would have purchased wave 3 via TRU.com, but the selection dwindled by the time I got around to it. Now TRU is using eBay so that's weird.
                          I saw that ........how.strange is it to see Toys R Us selling on ebay. I was shocked they were branching out that way too. I think it surprised me as much as last summer when they were selling old warehouse finds on Toysrus.com.

Comment

• LOU
                            Museum FIN-atic
                            • Nov 20, 2003

Yes sir, there's no proof whatsoever that Wave 3 was ever at TJM. As Chris said, the guy was likely making conversation with me and embellishing the fact that he found Wave 2 there.

I did get my Wonder Woman and Cheetah last night at the comic shop!!! BEAUTIFUL is all I can say!!

Comment

• THE FALCON
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 2, 2011

I'll never buy from TRU online again. I ordered Wonder Woman from them and the item arrived crushed inside a bubblewrap envelope.
                              Originally posted by jacoblb

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎