Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-Mego collectors do you also collect the original Megos?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

For me I'm really hooked on the Re-Mego's. I'm enjoying the hunt again. As far as the originals I've narrowed the collection way down to the one's I had as a kid (Supes, Bat's and Robin plus the Dukes). And while I will always love the original Mego's I gotta admit that the re-Mego's are alot more fun. The main reason being that 1. They are new 2. I can buy them off the shelf 3. There's more coming. 4. Being new they really help me enjoy the hobby beyond "simple" nostalgia or "investment"' they are simply fun.

Comment

• SgtPepper
      • Oct 25, 2010

What a fun thread! It is good to see some folks more into the re-mego than the original stuff. It shows that the new stuff actually has some power and appeal on its' right.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by THE FALCON
        This is the first time I'm seeing anyone's collection. Very nice.
        You must not have been in the Toy room yet?
        Mego Talk

Lynn

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

I have my Megos from when I was a kid. I have some beaters I bought for the kids to play with and then I have the Retros for them to play with as well. I haven't really sought out any minty Megos to be honest. I just do not have display space.
          It's all good!

Comment

• THE FALCON
            Career Member
            • Jan 2, 2011

Dang! That's breath taking.

Comment

• THE FALCON
              Career Member
              • Jan 2, 2011

Would love to check that place out but I don't have access yet.
              Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
              You must not have been in the Toy room yet?
              Mego Talk

Lynn

Comment

• k2
                Career Member
                • Sep 12, 2007

you should have access, at 51 post that magical door opens!!
                k.c.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

^ Ja, write a letter to admin ie the folks whose names are in bold writing at the bottom of the front page.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

mewantmegos-an answer,i have all the superheros except the sercet idenity figures all loose but nice ,oh and i still need fist fighting capt.america,fist fighting superman. the other "8" figures i still need are original knights,pirates,tex willer will scarlet,and original space 1999 alien and capt.zantor,from star trek the original romulan,mugato and andoran .i got all the "6" figures tenn titans ,our gang ,and talos,a couple jonny action .all the others i have. and yes i buy two of each new figure one to display and one carded ,the new figures look great in their packages,and it would drive me crazy if i didnt have a loose one to examine and pose to display,got any classics i need? thank you

Comment

• Afaninfull
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Nov 23, 2010

Is the toy room what I think it is? A gallery of everyones Mego displays?

I need to get to 51!

That being said, I should have a nice Tarzan waiting for me this week as well as a Human Torch. The Mego bug really bit me back in December when I got a black bat cycle. I've been wanting one for some time then the figures stated to call...Joker, Captain America, Robin...and a sweet Spiderman courtesy of Rob. Also working on my first two kit bashes. When I pick up another Spidey, I'm gonna make a Peter Parker changing into Spiderman and a Mary Marvel.

Then I'm gonna try and figure out how to post pictures!

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

I have wanted Megos since the late 1980s but just couldnt afford them.
                        I got my Superhero love out on the Famous Covers binge when they came out.
                        I got interested again after the EMCE Apes and Trek were put out. I also had the CTTV reissues.
                        The only originals I would want are teh Sci Fi ones not reissued. I have Neptunian, Urko and Ursus, and want Gorn and Talos.

I think an 8" becomes a Mego for me if they have squishy heads and the old type two hands.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 9, 2008

One word absolutely. Anything and almost everything Mego. I have to get around to getting more pictures together to update my virtual toy room. I have so much and no time to get it all photographed.
                          In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎