X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BifBangPow! JLabs
    Career Member
    • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
    Woohoo! Can't wait for Toy Fair. Only about a month away.
    There may be a few rumblings before Toy Fair...
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

My wallet barely got to catch it's breath after Christmas...Okay... Hit me with new Mego goodness. I can take it!

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I just feel lucky we're getting a 8" Mego style Flash. Thank you BifBangPow!
          sigpic

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Very happy to see the Flash and Ming come to fruition. Sorry to know that is the end of it. Also sorry to know that classic sci-fi does not command the thousand tier of buyers. It is a little odd to think of oneself as one of only a couple of hundred folks that would drop coin on certain licenses.

Looking forward to whatever info the little birdies may drop between now and toyfair.

go team BBP!!

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
              Career Member
              • Dec 21, 2009

I believe there may be a few birds flying around next week. I'm no bird watcher, however.
              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
              bifbangpow.com
              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
                I think they are really nice. My Flash has a broken wrist pin, but not a big deal.
                I've noticed this with other DM bodies--can the wrist pin material be changed? My Henchman had a similar problem.

I love all the BBP figs, though--I'm sorry that we'll not see Vultan or Klytus, but I'm sure surprises are in store.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

BIRDS!!!!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                    Ok folks, now for the business side of this. We had the license for a long time and extended it because we wanted the maximum time to sell these items. We love Flash Gordon and we put a lot of effort and money into developing a great product line.

We wanted to come out with Vultan, but considering we still have inventory of all of the other characters and variants since series 1, we realized that there just wasn't the demand in the marketplace. We literally needed to make 3000 Vultan figures, but - and I promise you this - there are not 3000 buyers for Vultan. Hundreds of buyers? Absolutely, but not thousands of buyers. Please trust us on this.. we love Flash Gordon and really wanted this character to come out.
                    I appreciate the response, but you never made a Vultan, so you don't really know if there are 3,000 Vultan fans or not. Just because the other figures sold poorly or not as well as you'd like, doesn't mean he would. There are plenty of other reasons why a line wouldn't have sold as well. Scale, sculpt, design, etc. It's easy to say there's not enough fans, but maybe there just wasn't enough fans for the product you put out.

I appreciate that you guys gave us a pretty good selection in your figure lineup for Flash Gordon but not making a Vultan was a major misstep. The Flash Gordon movie is all about Vultan. Ask people what character they remember from Flash Gordon the movie and Vultan's probably the first name out of their mouth. Even moreso than Flash or Ming.

I know you guys were trying to save a heavy hitter for Wave 2, but Vultan should have been a first priority. Just my .2 but when I was showcasing these figures a while back, all I kept hearing is "Where's Vultan?!" because people want their blessing Blessed!
                    Last edited by ODBJBG; Jan 7, '11, 9:28 PM.

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Does BBP still have the Planet of the Apes license? I luvz me some apes.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

A thirty year old movie. A supporting character and no kids out there interested.
                        I understand why there was no Vultan.

Flash was all about the music!

" Gordons ALIVE????"

Hey a Max Von Sydow anything is great!

Comment

• Sandman9580
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 16, 2010

Thanks for giving us some perspective on the numbers. I'm more a fan of the "classic" Raymond stuff - but all the same I'm sad to see this line end. Both the retro 8" and the sculpted Alex Ross figures looked gorgeous.
                          Last edited by Sandman9580; Jan 9, '11, 2:42 AM.

Comment

• THE FALCON
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 2, 2011

I am saddened to hear that this line will not be continuing. I just want to say you guys did a superb job on these figures. Would've been cool to see the villain with mask get produced. The guy who resembled Dr. Doom.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 21, 2009

Thanks for all of the kind words on our Flash Gordon line. Yes, our original line might have done better if they were designed better, or if we marketed the line better, or if prices were lower, or if we released Vultan first, etc. There are a lot of things we could have done. We felt getting all of the figures officially produced by Alex Ross was the most critical thing we could have done. All figures were produced and approved by Alex Ross along with King Features. So now that our license has ended and we can't change history, we invite any other company to take it from here. Zica? Cast-A-Way? You are welcome to have a go at Flash Gordon.
                              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                              bifbangpow.com
                              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎