X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silentj76
    • Aug 25, 2009

Flash And Ming Figures

Hey guys,
    I just wanted to let everyone know the flash and ming figures are awesome. I just got them today from entertainment earth, man they ship out pretty fast. I think these figures are really detailed and they look good on display. I was going to leave them sealed but I just couldn't resist. Anybody else have opinions on them, post your thoughts. Best regards to all.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I think they are really nice. My Flash has a broken wrist pin, but not a big deal.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
      Career Member
      • Dec 21, 2009

Thank you! We'll replace any defective items, of course. Happy 2011!
      Co-founder, BifBangPow!
      bifbangpow.com
      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• silentj76
        • Aug 25, 2009

That's great service! I 'm glad to see other megoheads enjoy them. I hope to see some more flash gordon figures from you guys at BIF BANG POW.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
          Career Member
          • Dec 21, 2009

Thanks for the enthusiasm, but there won't be more 8-inch Flash Gordon figures from us. We decided to not renew the license that we've had since 2006.
          Co-founder, BifBangPow!
          bifbangpow.com
          twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• kerowack
            Career Member
            • Feb 27, 2008

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
            Thanks for the enthusiasm, but there won't be more 8-inch Flash Gordon figures from us. We decided to not renew the license that we've had since 2006.
            Ah crap....I wanted another wave or two. Oh well....I'll keep these or sell em off to help pay for other toys....

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

AUUGGHH! My hopes for a Brian Blessed Vultan figure... DESTROYED!

Ah, well - least I got Flash and Ming, and I must commend you on the great jobs done for those figures. Sorry to see the line end!
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Bummer. But you certainly picked the main characters I wanted to see made into Megos from that movie. Thank you for exploring this world and giving us some unforgettable figures. Job well done! I hope you'll explore other movies like this as well. I think movies like Highlander would be very cool as a limited license. Connor MacLeod, Juan Ramirez, and the Kurgan would be AWESOME!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                  AUUGGHH! My hopes for a Brian Blessed Vultan figure... DESTROYED!

Ah, well - least I got Flash and Ming, and I must commend you on the great jobs done for those figures. Sorry to see the line end!
                  As someone who's bought pretty much all the BBP Flash figures, the fact that they never managed to get out a Vultan in any format despite having the license since 2006 boggles the mind.

Hopefully whoever licenses this next cranks out a Vultan as a top priority, as BBP should have done. Most of these characters could be done easily and greatly in the Mego scale.

Hear me Cast-a-Way?
                  Last edited by ODBJBG; Jan 7, '11, 7:21 AM.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 21, 2009

Ok folks, now for the business side of this. We had the license for a long time and extended it because we wanted the maximum time to sell these items. We love Flash Gordon and we put a lot of effort and money into developing a great product line.

We wanted to come out with Vultan, but considering we still have inventory of all of the other characters and variants since series 1, we realized that there just wasn't the demand in the marketplace. We literally needed to make 3000 Vultan figures, but - and I promise you this - there are not 3000 buyers for Vultan. Hundreds of buyers? Absolutely, but not thousands of buyers. Please trust us on this.. we love Flash Gordon and really wanted this character to come out.

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    As someone who's bought pretty much all the BBP Flash figures, the fact that they never managed to get out a Vultan in any format despite having the license since 2006 boggles the mind.

Hopefully whoever licenses this next cranks out a Vultan as a top priority, as BBP should have done. Most of these characters could be done easily and greatly in the Mego scale.

Hear me Cast-a-Way?
                    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                    bifbangpow.com
                    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for the business perspective on this, and your active involvement in the forums. I think most of us understand the financial realities... we are just bummed because, frankly, the first wave of Flash Gordon figures came out so terrific. I would love to see the line continue, but if that is not to be, hopefully we will see BBP move on to cool new offerings in the Mego format.

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Hopefully BBP! didn't take a huge loss with these figures. I'm not sure why they didn't take off.

BTW, because of the BBP Retro figures I decided to buy Season 1 of The Venture Bros. I'm hooked on both the figures and the show.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 21, 2009

Thank you!

Originally posted by Chris
                          Hopefully BBP! didn't take a huge loss with these figures. I'm not sure why they didn't take off.

BTW, because of the BBP Retro figures I decided to buy Season 1 of The Venture Bros. I'm hooked on both the figures and the show.
                          Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                          bifbangpow.com
                          twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 21, 2009

Absolutely. We're bummed too! Also, new Mego offerings (other licenses) are coming. Stay tuned!

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Thanks for the business perspective on this, and your active involvement in the forums. I think most of us understand the financial realities... we are just bummed because, frankly, the first wave of Flash Gordon figures came out so terrific. I would love to see the line continue, but if that is not to be, hopefully we will see BBP move on to cool new offerings in the Mego format.
                            Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                            bifbangpow.com
                            twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Also, new Mego offerings (other licenses) are coming. Stay tuned!
                              Woohoo! Can't wait for Toy Fair. Only about a month away.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎