The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is EMCE's POV about all this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
    I think their participation is high on this board. It's clear they listen to constructive feedback and try to pass that on to the manufacturer (where applicable). I think they also weigh our feedback when they design these figures. Wave 3 is evidence of that. And I think (or hope) Wave 4 will be revised based on early assessments of the prototypes. We'll see. Obviously you will never satisfy everyone. But then again, there is only so much you can do when your role is more messenger than maker in this process. Mattel ultimately makes the call. But I think it's a foregone conclusion that everyone from EMCE down is frustrated with the distribution issues. I'm confident they didn't foresee this problem anymore than we could have ourselves. I DO believe Wave 3 is a critical offering in this line up. Mattel needs to get this wave widely distributed and I hope the response is as positive as what mine has been. I now own two Flash figures ( I have to have one to open on Christmas morning ). For the criticisms I have bestowed upon this series, I am still trying to do my part to support it, because I do not want it to end.

The body issues are fixed and no one else is making Mego superheroes. And there is likely no one on this planet that has more love of the Mego universe than Paul and Joe. So I would much prefer to lay my faith in their hands than critique this line into an early demise. Their our first, best hope. So I say let's give this line another chance and get behind Paul and Joe. I think the train is back on the tracks, but needs a little push to get some momentum going.
    'Nuff said !
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

Speaking as 50% of EMCE Toys - we are doing everything we can to see this
      line suceed, short of going around the country buying up all the Luthors and
      Sinestros that are sitting in Toys R Us to make room for new inventory.

I believe that the sales and fan response will bear out what we have been
      saying all along - that kids and adults get it and will continue to support it.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• MightyMegs
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 5, 2009

I remember, in the early days of Mego's WGSH... the few times I saved up enough for a figure, all that the local store would have in stock was a ton of Penguin and Aquaman. No Spidey, Superman or Batman.
        So, this is all very Mego-like to me!

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

Spot on

Originally posted by MightyMegs
          I remember, in the early days of Mego's WGSH... the few times I saved up enough for a figure, all that the local store would have in stock was a ton of Penguin and Aquaman. No Spidey, Superman or Batman.
          You are exacly right!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MightyMegs
            Penguin & Aquaman are my favorites!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rlkrefft
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 14, 2010

I love Penguin and Aquaman too. I don't remember seeing tons of Penguin figures. I know he and Joker were the most made and best selling foes in the line but I mostly saw heroes at my local shops. Batman,Robin,Superman and Spiderman and Hulk. Once in awhile I'd see a Batgirl or Shazam.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

All right I'll be the one that answers the question with no sarcasm.
                (Bet you never thought you'd hear me say that did ya?)

Originally posted by MeWantMegos
                Lets speculate. What do you think the good folks at EMCE think about what's going on?

No need to speculate. They love the fact that Mattel gave them the chance to bring WGSH back to retail the way they were when Mego was around.

Do I think they would have gone differently on the bodies if it was their call. I won't speak for them but Trek, Monsters, Zombies, and even the BBP stuff pretty much answers the question IMHO. I do believe Mattel is going in a positive direction from what I've seen from reports on Wave 3. So they are obviously listening to the buyer through our reputable inside men at Mattel.

I am sure they are probably frustrated that we can't buy all the figures we want. My guess is that they are not trying to artificially create a demand by not meeting our need.
                Rome wasn't built in a day. So far there are 13 new heroes, 4 Venture Bros, 13 Trek, 2 Monsters, 2 Zombies, Lost, Twilight Zone, Dark Shadows. I don't think they're exactly sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

The figures that EMCE is in control of are pretty much available if wanted. Mattel, Diamond, and BBP control distribution of the others.

They are probably struggling to get the figures into our hands.
                There is nothing Paul and Joe want more than for everyone who wants a figure to get it in there grubby little hands. It's what started the whole ball rolling.

What do you think is going on over there?
                I think Paul has all his Super Heroes set up on his desk and plays Challenge of the Super Friends and Marvel Secret Wars all day until someone comes in and says "No sir I didn't see you playing with your action figures." Not that he cares if you see.

Joe has a desk full of Zombies and Monsters that battle each other for control of his keyboard. Of course no matter who wins none of them can spell so they can't get on any of the good websites any way.

All right there was a little sarcasm.
                Last edited by megocrazy; Dec 23, '10, 11:55 PM.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• MightyMegs
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 5, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Penguin & Aquaman are my favorites!
                  Oh, I'm not dissing P and A... I like them too. This was back when the figures were still boxed... but that's all I would ever see on the shelves. Then my dad was stationed overseas for a few years, and we saw NO toys whatsoever. When we got back to the States, Megos were on cards and there were plenlty of hero figures to go around... especially Hulk (although, I never saw Thor, Conan, GGoblin Falcon or all the Super Gals on a shelf )

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

Talos.Neptunian . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡