The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is EMCE's POV about all this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeWantMegos
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 4, 2010

What do you think is EMCE's POV about all this?

Lets speculate. What do you think the good folks at EMCE think about what's going on?

I am sure they are probably frustrated that we can't buy all the figures we want. My guess is that they are not trying to artificially create a demand by not meeting our need.

They are probably struggling to get the figures into our hands.

What do you think is going on over there?
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Hard to speculate. The EMCE guys never post here or share their thoughts. Enigmatic dudes.
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• LadyZod
      Superman's Gal Pal
      • Jan 27, 2007

I hear that the EMCE guys personally drive to every Toys R Us to deliver the figures, and if the Toys R Us manager is a jerk, they just give them a box full Luthors and Sinestros.

Then they sit in the parking lot eating Taco Bell laughing themselves silly.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
      Check out my art:
      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by MegoScott
        Hard to speculate. The EMCE guys never post here or share their thoughts. Enigmatic dudes.
        So the member with the username 'EMCEtoys' who posts here all the time - sharing thoughts about the new line(s) - isn't affiliated with EMCE Toys?

Comment

• LadyZod
          Superman's Gal Pal
          • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by megomania
          So the member with the username 'EMCEtoys' who posts here all the time - sharing thoughts about the new line(s) - isn't affiliated with EMCE Toys?

Of course not! The same way I'm neither affiliated with Ladies or Zods.

(sarcasm)
          Last edited by LadyZod; Dec 23, '10, 2:14 AM.
          Check out my art:
          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• geoffdude
            Banned
            • Apr 18, 2009

Not sure what "they" think about what your talking about.. but.. "they" are indeed here, and post under their username that is "their" company name.

Regards,

Geoff

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

^^^ as does Dr Mego, the co owner of EMCE.....but then I get the impression Scotts comment was tongue in cheek

Comment

• Type3Toys
                Home Of The Type3 Body
                • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                ^^^ as does Dr Mego, the co owner of EMCE.....but then I get the impression Scotts comment was tongue in cheek
                I was thinking more tongue and finger
                LOOK
                Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                To Contact: [email protected]

Comment

• LadyZod
                  Superman's Gal Pal
                  • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  I thought we were all commenting in jest. I mean, the idea was to "speculate" (read: make up crap we know nothing about)
                  Check out my art:
                  Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                  Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

yeah I got it Ladyzod, however, the post was started by a new member who may or may not know that. plus it was really early here when I was posting.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I think their participation is high on this board. It's clear they listen to constructive feedback and try to pass that on to the manufacturer (where applicable). I think they also weigh our feedback when they design these figures. Wave 3 is evidence of that. And I think (or hope) Wave 4 will be revised based on early assessments of the prototypes. We'll see. Obviously you will never satisfy everyone. But then again, there is only so much you can do when your role is more messenger than maker in this process. Mattel ultimately makes the call. But I think it's a foregone conclusion that everyone from EMCE down is frustrated with the distribution issues. I'm confident they didn't foresee this problem anymore than we could have ourselves. I DO believe Wave 3 is a critical offering in this line up. Mattel needs to get this wave widely distributed and I hope the response is as positive as what mine has been. I now own two Flash figures ( I have to have one to open on Christmas morning ). For the criticisms I have bestowed upon this series, I am still trying to do my part to support it, because I do not want it to end.

The body issues are fixed and no one else is making Mego superheroes. And there is likely no one on this planet that has more love of the Mego universe than Paul and Joe. So I would much prefer to lay my faith in their hands than critique this line into an early demise. Their our first, best hope. So I say let's give this line another chance and get behind Paul and Joe. I think the train is back on the tracks, but needs a little push to get some momentum going.
                      Last edited by MIB41; Dec 23, '10, 8:34 AM.

Comment

• trekman101
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41

The body issues are fixed and no one else is making Mego superheroes. And there is likely no one on this planet that has more love of the Mego universe than Paul and Joe. So I would much prefer to lay my faith in their hands than critique this line into an early demise. Their our first, best hope. So I say let's give this line another chance and get behind Paul and Joe. I think the train is back on the tracks, but needs a little push to get some momentum going.
                        EXACTLY......
                        "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• jimsmegos
                          Mego Dork
                          • Nov 9, 2008

If you really want to know, ask 'em.

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, I was kidding. I didn't even quite understand the original poster's question but it so I went with sarcasm. Not very mature I suppose.

I just think it's kind of insulting that Doc and Emce come here and share so much information and answer so many questions and yet there's still these vaguely conspiratorial "what do you realllly think they are up to" conversations. Maybe someone should start a ReMego Wikileaks to get to the bottom of these nefarious cabals.
                            Last edited by megoscott; Dec 23, '10, 11:47 AM.
                            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 9, 2008

Really funny. I found a lot of humor in this thread. LOL !!!! I really needed some laughs today. I'm sure it'll make Paul and Joe laugh too.
                              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎