X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by LOU
    You know Scott, in many ways it's almost better to be missing one than to grab them all in one shot. The thrill of the hunt is present but you're still only seeking out one figure. Finding them all at once is kind of anticlimactic. I found mine in A.J. Wright so perhaps you should check there too.
    Not a store we have here in Alabama I'm afraid Lou. But yea, the search continues. Although finding that last one would make my year end on a good note.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I have found that North East Distributing on Amazon sells many DC Retro-Action figures at reasonable prices and usually they ship in a huge bubble-wrapped envelope.
      Last edited by johnmiic; Dec 23, '10, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Found a Two Face today that completes my second set of Wave 2. Also found a Batman for a friend's son but it took me three pass-thru's before I finally spotted him on a peg behind a few other non-descript toys. Ah, the thrill of the hunt!

-Chris

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

I went back today to try and find Manta and instead found nothing at all. I wonder if they will be getting any more in now that Christmas is over.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megomania
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 2, 2010

I hope they start getting Wave 3 so I can complete set two of that Wave

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

Found Black Manta!

The T.J. Maxx in Tinley Park, IL had 2 Black Mantas!
              I bought only one though. Low on cash.

It was interesting though, the Black Mantas were all the way in the back of other toys on the peg, against the peg board, as if they were hidden.
              The same was true of the Two-Face that I found in Crestwood, IL
              The pink card makes it easier to spot though.

Anyone else have that experience?
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                The T.J. Maxx in Tinley Park, IL had 2 Black Mantas!
                I bought only one though. Low on cash.

It was interesting though, the Black Mantas were all the way in the back of other toys on the peg, against the peg board, as if they were hidden.
                The same was true of the Two-Face that I found in Crestwood, IL
                The pink card makes it easier to spot though.

Anyone else have that experience?
                Yup - the Bats I found yesterday was "hidden"...

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

Still looking for a 2 Face, Superman, and Black Manta.

Hit up a Ross and TJM today in the hopes that anyone returning unwanted or duplicated Christmas gifts might have had a chance to do so. Over time I got conflicting statements from workers at TJM. One said there wouldn't be any new toys until 2011 and another had said no new toys would be put out before Christmas so needless to say I was not surprised there wasn't anything on the shelves to buy.

Stopped off at a TRU in hopes that things might clearance out. And all that was left were dozens of Lex Luthor and Sinestro. I'd have bought them if they were $10 each.

Comment

• puckace
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Feb 5, 2009

Finally saw some of these at TJ Max. They only had 3 Aquaman so I left empty handed. Fun to see these locally though. The TRU next door has never gotten wave 2. Loads of Lex or Sinestro clogging the pegs there.

puckace

Comment

• Hotfoot
                      Dazed and Confused
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Still hunting for Batman. Have not seen any of the first wave. All their toys are on after season clearance so you may find them for less than $9.99. I may go look at another store this weekend.
                      Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                        Time to feed the cat
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Well in 2 days we hit 6 Marshalls 4 TJ Maxx and a Ross and found not a trace of anyone of them anywhere.Must have been all grabbed up for Christmas.

Comment

• fossilfuse
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Oct 27, 2008

There is a TJ Maxx a block away from me, and I found a Black Manta and Two-Face for $9.99. They were all the way in the back corner of the store on the bottom peg. I grabbed the Manta.

Comment

• megowgsh
                            Customego HoF Curator
                            • Nov 19, 2003

The toy department at our TJ Maxx has been decimated and the AJ Wright just posted a sign "store closing" Needless to say I think the inventory ar ound where I live has been depleted. Glad I was able to find what I found before Christmas.
                            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Batman
                              "Real" Unlike Others
                              • Dec 13, 2010

Here's a dumb question alot of people were looking for these because either they don't have a TJ Maxx by them or the TJ Maxx by them does not have them I asked along with a bunch of others to keep a look out but i doesn't seem like anyone is listening.I have bought stuff for others in the past and sold them at cost and it seems like no one else is doing that here.I see alot of "I got 3 Batman or 3 Superman etc." and they were going to re-sell them at some point here's something new why not post them here..Oh happy new year...

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Dec 30, 2007

For the record, if these figures are $9.99 at TJ Maxx + state sales tax + shipping, you're going to end up paying $20+ to get these to your door, so why not just eBay them. You might even get a better deal. You might not be seeing these in your Toys R Us, but these are by no means hard to find. If you want a hard to find Retro figure, try Green Lantern. Getting him for $20 at this point would still be a good deal. Or Green Arrow for $30 would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎