Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jordiway
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 17, 2007

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not even relevant to this thread. How did a thread go from someone being generous enough to let us all no that we could find these figures at T.J. Maxx for $9.99, to arguing about whos right and whos wrong. LET IT GO!!!!!

Comment

• megowgsh
      Customego HoF Curator
      • Nov 19, 2003

^^^what a coincidence, I just had a Wendy's double stack for lunch. Love them new fries, too.

Oh sorry, hope I'm not hi-jacking this thread
      Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Regardless what the guy knows or doesn't know, he's about annoying as they come.

Just because someone knows how to write eloquently doesn't mean the obvious sarcastic tone doesn't shine thru for all to see. I can almost see him pompously sniffing as he types this crap.

Sorry if I'm not politically correct or have typo's in my grammer. I'm just making an educated statement because I have friend in the toy industry. (actually I have added Paul on facebook, does that count?)
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Flynne
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by Jordiway
          ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not even relevant to this thread. How did a thread go from someone being generous enough to let us all no that we could find these figures at T.J. Maxx for $9.99, to arguing about whos right and whos wrong. LET IT GO!!!!!
          Jordiway makes an excellent point. I declare myself "guilty as well" and move on. For the record, neither of our TJ Maxx stores have turned up with Retros yet, but the search continues.
          An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• neogelion
            Museum Patron
            • Mar 11, 2009

Found 2 aquamans and 1 Batman at the Concord Mills, NC store. Also the TRU had Venture Bros, Monsters, and Twilite Zone, but no superheroes.
            Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• Flynne
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by neogelion
              Found 2 aquamans and 1 Batman at the Concord Mills, NC store. Also the TRU had Venture Bros, Monsters, and Twilite Zone, but no superheroes.
              I had nearly the same issue at our TRU. It's on my way home from work, so I stop 4 or 5 times a week to check the current stock. I missed Wave 2's debut by a few hours, and they were gone save an Aquaman among the Luthor / Sinestro peg warmers. I was there when Venture Brothers, EMCE Monsters, and Twilight Zone hit, and except for a few damaged cards left behind they are all gone too. The EMCE Monsters went pratically while I was in the store, and not to me. Interestingly, the DC Universive 6 inch figures are flying away too, even though they are $2-3 ahead of the competition's prices.
              An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                Museum Super Collector
                • Dec 30, 2007

As of an hour or so ago, TJ Maxx in Saugus, MA had 3x Batman, 2x Aquaman, 1x Superman, 1x Two-Face, 1x Manta.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by Astronut
                  You don't know that for a fact. I don't either. For all we know the guy works in the toy industry... and he just claims he doesn't.

I like how people make baseless statements by grading people as either "informed" or "uniformed" when the truth of the matter is, unless you flat-out know the industry yourself, and you are not a toy maker with a biased agenda -- you do not know jack about whether they are qualified to comment..
                  He also makes statements to imply that you are wrong or don't know what your talking about if you don't agree with him so.............. anyway it's not that important really. He's got his POV and so do the rest of us.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by GoldBlade6
                    As of an hour or so ago, TJ Maxx in Saugus, MA had 3x Batman, 2x Aquaman, 1x Superman, 1x Two-Face, 1x Manta.
                    I got to get to TJ MAXX!! I want some deals before they are all gone. My brother still needs wave 2 so it would be great if I got them at that price for him for xmas

Comment

• LOU
                      Museum FIN-atic
                      • Nov 20, 2003

Today I hit 2 Marshalls' and 3 A.J. Wrights and one T.J. Maxx and found only an Aquaman and a Manta. Cards aren't perfect but I can't complain as I got them both for 25% off!! $7.49 each! WOW! Still hunting Batman and Two Face here in MA. I am officially IN LOVE with this line!!! Absolutely nutso over them! Finding them at retail, on the very ground where I bought Megos as a kid, is an awesome fanboy experience too!

Comment

• saildog
                        Permanent Member
                        • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by LOU
                        Finding them at retail, on the very ground where I bought Megos as a kid, is an awesome fanboy experience too!

I can only imagine that thrill!

Comment

• LOU
                          Museum FIN-atic
                          • Nov 20, 2003

Yeah saildog! It used to be a Bradlees (department store) when I was a kid and they always had lots of carded and boxed Mego heroes!

Comment

• saildog
                            Permanent Member
                            • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by LOU
                            Yeah saildog! It used to be a Bradlees (department store) when I was a kid and they always had lots of carded and boxed Mego heroes!
                            Bradlees! Never been in one in my life, but my GI Joe Space Capsule box still has a red Bradlees price sticker attached to it...$9.99, I think.

I'm jazzed for you getting to buy these on the same ground that you found Mego Heroes as a kid.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I found Bradlees for the first time when I was working in Boston in '91 or so. I thought it was a pretty good store. Had a nice toy selection, even then. Will try and hit our TJ Maxx a couple more times in the next 2 weeks. They had nothing when I checked last week.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• LOU
                                Museum FIN-atic
                                • Nov 20, 2003

Well it's probably the last time we'll see Retros at discount stores so I guess I'm lucky to have been able to experience that considering they're technically TRU exclusives saildog. I really hope I find Batman and Two-Face tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎