Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister Kennedy
    • Jun 23, 2010

a little disappointed in BBP/EMCE customer service

There was a post several weeks ago detailing how the Venture Brothers figures' bodies are constructed improperly. There was some heated discussion between the original poster and a BBP employee that seemingly ended amicably with a phone call.

Somewhere in the scuffle, I added that my Doctor Venture figure had shoulders that easily popped out. I was told to e-mail the BBP employee and they would send me out a replacement.

More than two weeks went by and I never received a replacement. I e-mailed them again and I was told they were busy in meetings and that Paul "Dr. Mego" would be in touch with me.

Paul did eventually e-mail me, asking me to mail the defective figure back to him. I responded that I would mail the figure back, but not before I got a replacement body. I never heard back and I never received a replacement body.

I've been on these forums for several months and I have always heard about the great customer service from EMCE, but in my personal experience, I haven't seen it.
  • MightyMegs
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 5, 2009

I don't know of ANY toy company that will replace a product, without receiving the defective one back first.

Comment

• Mister Kennedy
      • Jun 23, 2010

Entertainment Earth

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

You need to send the body back first to get a replacement.
        I've dealt with Paul in the past and it's all tops. Never had a problem.
        EMCE does have great CS.

Comment

• Mister Kennedy
          • Jun 23, 2010

I never heard back.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Do you need the address? I think it's on here or the DM site but just mail it back with a note and you'll get squared away.
            Paul is very busy so it takes time for him to respond. He just sent me my order last night so it took a while but worth the wait.
            You have to remember that these guys are a boutique company and not a major company like Mattel and Hasbro. I'd rather deal with boutique to get better quality and service.

Comment

• boynightwing
              That Carl Guy
              • Apr 24, 2002

They all want the defective product back first. Mattel, Hasbro, everyone. I had an issue with an Animated Transformer and Hasbro paid to have me send my broken one to them and they promptly sent me a new one.

The EMCE guys will take care of you.

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                Banned
                • Oct 25, 2010

I cannot really comment on the customer service over at EMCE, but I just went and FULLY explored the site(s) for the first time, and I will say GIGGITY-GOO!! I wasnt aware that 90% of that stuff existed in repro form! (I really only have experience with 'CTVT', and I'm none too thrilled...)
                That Ape Rifle is just AWESOME, and the Trek set is only $5! (Whats up with the maroon set though?)

I'll be going there very soon to spend money.

(sorry for going 'off topic' there -)

Comment

• Mister Kennedy
                  • Jun 23, 2010

I would rather deal directly with BBP! since they are the company I bought the product from, but they wanted to pass me onto Paul Clark. Also, the BBP! rep I spoke to never mentioned returning the product first. It wasn't until Clark became involved that I was told I need to mail the body back.

That may be standard operating procedure, but after waiting several weeks for my replacement to arrive from BBP!, I was disappointed to find out they hadn't even attempted to mail anything out. If I didn't e-mail them back, I would have been left waiting forever, because they forgot about me after pretending to be so concerned initially.

I don't think it should be Paul Clark's responsibility. It is not his company's mistake.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MightyMegs
                    I don't know of ANY toy company that will replace a product, without receiving the defective one back first.
                    Cast-A-Way Toys did for me! Thanks Guys!
                    sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

Them figures are better when you re-string them anyways.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• GUYx1
                        FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                        • Apr 20, 2005

I sometimes forget some people actually use the bodies these figures come with. 1/9 scale figures tend to have do it yourself tune ups. While I understand the complaint, it is such a humble request that I never imagined people would actually contact the company over it. A large chunk of the people here are recasting their own bodies at this point.
                        Cheers,
                        Guyx1

Comment

• Mister Kennedy
                          • Jun 23, 2010

Also, can ODBJBG please check his PMs! We had a dialog going that he has seemingly abandoned, despite his continued activity on these boards.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 21, 2009

I believe there is some confusion here, so let me set the record straight. Bif Bang Pow! is not related in any way to EMCE Toys. BBP licenses bodies from EMCE, but BBP is fully responsible for all production, sales and customer service issues. Contacting EMCE for BBP customer service issues is like contacting Lucasfilm for a broken Hasbro Star Wars action figure. I guarantee you that no person at BBP has ever directed inquires back to Paul or anyone else at EMCE. How can I guarantee this? Because I answer all inbound emails sent to [email protected] and respond to all customer service calls, and I have transcripts to back up what I am saying.

If you email or call Bif Bang Pow! directly about a broken or defective item, we will absolutely send out a replacement to you right away (if in stock) and we will NOT ask for you to send your broken items back. We trust you. We can resolve these issues immediately, with no need to have various other folks call you back. We have simple, iron clad customer service policies. All replacement shipments sent to you are sent from Entertainment Earth, simply because they have all of our physical inventory.

If anyone has had different experiences, I would love to see evidence of who you emailed or called - and I would like an opportunity to resolve any outstanding issues immediately.

Thank you,
                            Jason

Originally posted by Mister Kennedy
                            There was a post several weeks ago detailing how the Venture Brothers figures' bodies are constructed improperly. There was some heated discussion between the original poster and a BBP employee that seemingly ended amicably with a phone call.

Somewhere in the scuffle, I added that my Doctor Venture figure had shoulders that easily popped out. I was told to e-mail the BBP employee and they would send me out a replacement.

More than two weeks went by and I never received a replacement. I e-mailed them again and I was told they were busy in meetings and that Paul "Dr. Mego" would be in touch with me.

Paul did eventually e-mail me, asking me to mail the defective figure back to him. I responded that I would mail the figure back, but not before I got a replacement body. I never heard back and I never received a replacement body.

I've been on these forums for several months and I have always heard about the great customer service from EMCE, but in my personal experience, I haven't seen it.
                            Last edited by BifBangPow! JLabs; Nov 10, '10, 2:43 PM.
                            Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                            bifbangpow.com
                            twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                              Banned
                              • Oct 25, 2010

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                              I believe there is some confusion here, so let me set the record straight. Bif Bang Pow! is not related in any way to EMCE Toys. BBP licenses bodies from EMCE, but BBP is fully responsible for all production, sales and customer service issues. Contacting EMCE for BBP customer service issues is like contacting Lucasfilm for a broken Hasbro Star Wars action figure. I guarantee you that no person at BBP has ever directed inquires back to Paul or anyone else at EMCE. How can I guarantee this? Because I answer all inbound emails sent to [email protected] and respond to all customer service calls, and I have transcripts to back up what I am saying.

If you email or call Bif Bang Pow! directly about a broken or defective item, we will absolutely send out a replacement to you right away (if in stock) and we will NOT ask for you to send your broken items back. We trust you. We can resolve these issues immediately, with no need to have various other folks call you back. We have simple, iron clad customer service policies. All replacement shipments sent to you are sent from Entertainment Earth, simply because they have all of our physical inventory.

If anyone has had different experiences, I would love to see evidence of who you emailed or called - and I would like an opportunity to resolve any outstanding issues immediately.

Thank you,
                              Jason
                              This is all GREAT to hear Jason! Although I have no knowledge of Mister_Kennedy's situation outside of this post, nor is it really any of my business, as someone that will be spending monies for your products it is great to hear your response and of your 'Iron Clad customer service policies'.

Thanks and take care -

(I hope that all works out for you Mister_Kennedy.)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎