X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Emce bodies...

I think the Emce bodies are getting worse. My new Venture Bros figures have the terrible habit of their arms coming out of socket and hanging low. It happens every time I try to lift the arms. The Venture boys will never be able to give the signature "Go team Venture!" salute!!

My Dr. Venture had a rubber band break trying to wrestle his arm back in socket because the rubber band was stuck in the crimped metal holding the leg on.
    The hands for the Monarch and Henchmen are painted on the wrist joint, and some are "glued" with the paint so they break off the first time you try to move them.
    I see a lot of problems with the bodies that could be fixed so easily.
    I really love the Venture figures. But they are better if you don't open them. I want to open them and not have problems.
    As far as the Venture figures go, there is very little you can do to pose them. Lifting their arms doesn't work at all.
    I can pose a Mego like this...

all different angles of the same pose, balanced so he stands on one foot all alone.
    We should be able to pose Emce figures the same way! The emce legs won't pose very well for the same reason the arms won't. The way the arms and legs are held together sucks!
    I'd really love to NOT HAVE TO customize new figures so they work right!!
    Please Emce, fix the bodies. Please!
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 18, '10, 10:18 PM.
  • EMCEtoys
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 1, 2007

First time I'm hearing complaints about what are usually referred to as "Doc Mego" bodies. I'm sure if you contact Paul he'd be happy to replace whatever bodies you have issues with, free of charge, as he always has. These bodies were made with the same tools he's always made bodies with, so if there is an issue, I'm sure its a production or assembly issue.

As for "EMCE bodies getting worse", that seems like an unwarranted generalization. If you have issues with them beyond this, I encourage you to contact us directly at the office at 516.931.1483 and we can address them live versus back-and-forth on an anonymous forum.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

This is a new style of inner workings as far as I can tell from the previous figures I've purchased.

It seems to be causing a lot of problems. The old method wasn't much better. Pulling the arms down inside isn't working very well. With the long metal hooks, it really doesn't want to hold the figure in a decent pose. All the Dean figures and most of the Dr. Venture figures have this sideways leg stance.

This Dean has a broken belt in the unopened package. The stitching for the Velcro came apart and it hasn't even been touched. I get a lot of defective figures. I'm not sure why. Bad luck maybe.
      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 18, '10, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 1, 2007

appreciate the insight. again, give us a call at the office and i'm sure we can get these replaced for you with paul's bodies from stock.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
          These bodies were made with the same tools he's always made bodies with, so if there is an issue, I'm sure its a production or assembly issue.
          Part of the issue is the non-symmetrical pelvic section. It makes the figures left hip stick out slightly. That's a flaw been commenting on since they said 7thStToys.Com on the back.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 1, 2007

Right. See my PM, please.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

I dont think I've ever had an original Mego that didnt hook the arm on the torso like that. Some of them used to do that so often they wore grooves in the torso, so seeing the modern EMCE versions do it doesnt scare me. Drove me bonkers as a kid until I figured out how to stop it. Same fix looks like it will work here (even though, yes, that hardware is new)...Just take some needlenose pliers and crimp the hook around the arm a little tighter.
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Captain
                Just take some needlenose pliers and crimp the hook around the arm a little tighter.
                My Dad figured that out for me over thirty years ago...

That has always worked on originals and I'm sure it would work well now as well.
                This doc body is a far superior body than the new mattel retro in my opinion.
                I don't mind a little pinch with the pliers.
                I've also taken the extra metal hook off the hip and slid it through the shoulder metal and (like a mego shoulder) then flipped it around.Thus stringing my emce from double hooked shoulder to plastic hip pin.Works great.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Let's get something straight here. I'm trying to get a company to fix the product it's producing. I'm not trying to get pointers about how to fix them. I have the ability to fix a body without using the rubber bands and hooks. That isn't the point. I want to buy it working properly!!! I don't want to have to spend time and money to fix a product that should work right in the first place. I'd like figures that stand properly in the package to look nice while unopened. I don't want to open them to reposition them so they aren't looking totally stupid. The above pictured Dean Venture pose SUCKS! All of the Dean figures I've seen look like that. I managed to find one Dr. Venture with a decent stance.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    Let's get something straight here. I'm trying to get a company to fix the product it's producing. I'm not trying to get pointers about how to fix them. I have the ability to fix a body without using the rubber bands and hooks. That isn't the point. I want to buy it working properly!!! I don't want to have to spend time and money to fix a product that should work right in the first place. I'd like figures that stand properly in the package to look nice while unopened. I don't want to open them to reposition them so they aren't looking totally stupid. The above pictured Dean Venture pose SUCKS! All of the Dean figures I've seen look like that. I managed to find one Dr. Venture with a decent stance.
                    and we agree. hence the conversation we'll have this week on the phone. talk to you then.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

This is the reason I like T1s better than T2s. My Robin and Scottie have the same problem w/ the hook coming out of their arm holes. They both have gauges where the hooks dig into the plastic.

Didn't mean to drift, just thought I'd mention it.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• rockeehorror
                        • Jun 19, 2010

Venture Body issues

I completely agree with Lonnie! The bodies on the Venture figures definitely have issues too! Floppy loose joints that make it difficult for figures to stand....bad arm joints! There seems to be a huge problematic disconnect with manufacturing....these mego wannabes are nowhere near the quality of a mego body! Please let Lonnie voice his opinion without your angry attitude towards him. The heads and bodies of all your bif bang pow releases have left much to be desired... Of cousre sales will be affected if you produce toys with serious quality control issues. Replacing one defective arm is not the sole issue...there are multiple problems with the batches of these early figures.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by rockeehorror
                          I completely agree with Lonnie! The bodies on the Venture figures definitely have issues too! Floppy loose joints that make it difficult for figures to stand....bad arm joints! There seems to be a huge problematic disconnect with manufacturing....these mego wannabes are nowhere near the quality of a mego body! Please let Lonnie voice his opinion without your angry attitude towards him. The heads and bodies of all your bif bang pow releases have left much to be desired... Of cousre sales will be affected if you produce toys with serious quality control issues. Replacing one defective arm is not the sole issue...there are multiple problems with the batches of these early figures.
                          I have to agree. I love my Venture figs, they look great on their cards (well, the ones without paint streaks on the bubble, which happened twice in two orders)...but I recently opened a second set and I'm not nearly as impressed. They are extremely difficult to pose at the shoulders and hips and half of the six have loose ankles which makes it very difficult to stand. To add insult to injury, a third of the set already had paint rubs to the hair.

The whole point of opening these is to be able to display them in various poses. That's the point of having all the articulation. Otherwise, I'd rather just keep them on the card. I love me some Venture, but I seriously hope by the time Hank & Dr. Girlfriend are released, there are some QC improvements with paint & articulation, otherwise I'll be cutting my purchases by 50% for this line.

Comment

• Joltrider
                            • Aug 30, 2010

My mego Spiderman has a right arm that will come out of the socket and get caught out like that if his arm is moved a certain way. Also the only reason my Spiderman's suit is in such bad shape is that it got that way after fitting it over his left leg when it had masking tape holding it together because the knee pin broke. In fact I can remember my brother having a superman, hulk, and 12 inch magnetic batman all with broken knee pins. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking my Spock mego had a broken knee pin also. I'm betting there would be alot more megos on ebay if they hadn't been thrown away due to broken knee pins.
                            It's amazing what a single drop of glue can fix and create a working moving figure again, well except for magnetic batman as he already had a metal replacement for his broken pin.
                            I can't see how comparing a new toy to one of the few that didn't get thrown for their series of defects is helping anyone ?
                            I'm guessing that most if not all of us here want some new mego type figures. I guess there is no rule saying we can't complain about problems with any figures we have, but wouldn't it be better to try to talk with EMCE directly and hopefully future figures will have less issues.

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I've had a few original Megos that do the armpit hook thing. I suspect it's in part to the metal stretching over time; eventually the hook distends to the point moving it pulls it out enough to snag. Part of the CTVT peepee dance problem is because of this too: the metal on the CTVT bodies is soft and distends, which skews the posing.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎