The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

No RA wave 2 figures yet in Toys-R-Us Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. Only a couple of Sinestros and one Luthor from wave 1.

Comment

• LOU
      Museum FIN-atic
      • Nov 20, 2003

It's really weird how, based on everyones' local reports here, different TRUs have different characters hanging on the pegs. You'd think the peg-warmer would be the peg-warmer but it seems there isn't one in Wave 2 so far. A good sign for sales perhaps.

Comment

• jemboy2004
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2005

I finally seen wave 2 in person at newbury comics. They were 29.99 each but decided I'd wait til I see them at TRU but I thought in person the figures are really great looking!

Can't wait to find them at TRU now.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Seems they were testing the waters on how to pack the number of figures in each case, IMO.
          It would have made sense for wave 1 to pack 3 Supes, 3 GL, 1 Lex and 1 Sin.
          Looks like they got the right combination for Wave 2 but I would have done is remove the Supes and add a Batman only if they shipped Wave 1 with the configuration I mentioned.

Originally posted by LOU
          It's really weird how, based on everyones' local reports here, different TRUs have different characters hanging on the pegs. You'd think the peg-warmer would be the peg-warmer but it seems there isn't one in Wave 2 so far. A good sign for sales perhaps.

Comment

• cactus725
            Caped Crusader
            • Feb 8, 2010

Found one on the rack!!

Just found wave 2 finally on the rack at Toys R Us in Chattanooga TN only found 1 and it was Batman!! Bought this one to display..will buy one and leave it on card...really digging this one though!

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Still nothing at mine.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Checked again today....If Luthor and Sinestro were part of Wave 2 then yeah they had a bunch of 'em But since they weren't, uh no, no Wave 2 sightings here yet.....
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• silentj76
                  • Aug 25, 2009

Retro Heroes

hey fellow megoheads! I took a road trip this saturday to the toy r us in winchester va. No luck! They had 3 sinestros and two luthors on the shelf.I talked to a very helpful employee who was the dude to see about action figures because he was a collector. He took the time to look them up in their system and they were in stock but were estimated to arrive between 9/5 and 9/11 from the warehouse. I decided to come back home and order them online.I placed the order and it said they are estimated to arrive between 8/25 and 8/30. I wanted to buy them at the store but can't afford to travel to the store every weekend.This is the nearest toys r us to me from where I live and it takes about 2hrs to get there. I would say if you don't have the time to check the stores order them online. I ordered 1 of batman and 1 of two face. Best regards to all.

Comment

• spamn
                    Minty and All-Original!
                    • Mar 28, 2002

I was on the road today and checked in two along the way.

No Wave 2 at Christiana Delaware or Trenton, NJ.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

Happened to be in Lancaster over the weekend. Found an Aquaman there and a very new looking Supes. The rest were Lex and Sinestro. Bought the Aquaman. Nothing from Wave 2 in Maryland, yet.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• fossilfuse
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Oct 27, 2008

TRU wave two

I saw an Aquaman sitting on the shelf at my TRU, but didn't see any others or the peg for Wave 2, so I didn't see a price. They still had Sinestro and Lex at $19.99. It was as if someone opened one box of Wave 2 and set them out on accident. This was a week ago.

Comment

• Zemo
                          Still Smokin'
                          • Feb 14, 2006

They will be everywhere soon.

Comment

• DC_Guy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 18, 2008

Anybody found a Superman anywhere in the NY/NJ area...?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by DC_Guy
                              Anybody found a Superman anywhere in the NY/NJ area...?
                              There were two Supermans (Supermen?) at the Rockaway Mall TRU this weekend.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• bondtoddbond
                                Mego Museum Super Spy
                                • Aug 14, 2009

Finally found Wave 2. York, PA hasn't gotten a thing, just the peg hangers from Wave 1. Ran to Lancaster, PA today. They had 3 Batmans, 2 Supermans and 1 each Two Face, Aquaman and Manta.
                                sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎