The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Still none in Wichita, KS

I have yet to find Wave 2 in my hometown. I will wait until the end of September and if they are still not to be found, I will buy them from Dr. Mego's shop. I just hope he will still have some for sell.

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

It looks like Toys R Us Express is getting wave 1 and wave 2 out on the
      shelves.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
        It looks like Toys R Us Express is getting wave 1 and wave 2 out on the
        shelves.
        I just wish our TRU would get them period.
        I'm not bothering to ask them because I have mine already, but come on.
        Lynn

Comment

• bondtoddbond
          Mego Museum Super Spy
          • Aug 14, 2009

York, PA finally got Wave 2, they had a whole case on the peg at noon.
          sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

The Toys R Us Express in Woodbury NY (Long Island) has wave 1 and 2 fully
            stocked. It was all I could do to not buy the 3 Batmans on the pegs for
            $19.99 each.

Toys R Us is opening a lot of temporary Express stores for the holidays
            (which now begins Sept. 1st) so search the store location at TRU.com
            for locations near you.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

TRU in Daytona got them in last week. Haven't been to the Express that opened recently in the Volusia Mall, as it had very little the first time I stopped.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

No TRU Expresses in AL. Boo.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

My nearby Toys R Us (Tigard, OR) has two full pegs of Lex and Sinestros and no sign of wave 2. However, I finally managed to find wave 2 at a nearby Toys R Us Express (Beaverton, OR).
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    Megoholic RocketScientist
                    • Oct 23, 2007

It is kind of funny because a store that I mentioned earlier that had all of the Lex and Sinestro's for so long suddenly has absolutely none at all now.

I don't know whether or not TRU sold them suddenly or maybe Mattel tooked them back for store credit. ???? Definitely bizarre that many would be sold in that short of time when they have been in the store for months.
                    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Colorado is a big negative. We received one shipment of the wave one figures.....then nothing....then they eliminated the pegs (2) for the figures.....went out today, and still nothing, no pegs, no wave ones, no wave twos, nuthin!!! Talked to an employee and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. If I was Mattel I would be a little bent out of shape, that Toys R Us is their exclusive outlet for this line, and they are not putting the product on the shelf. I'm Irrate!!

My wife bought me Batman from Amazon a moth ago, I thanked her but told her not to buy anymore because our Toys R Us would have them soon.....I want to get one to my buddies 5 year old, but Toys R Us seem to be boycotting the line. I understand that this line has problems, but Darn it, whats the freakin hold up.....Advertisements for wave three are out and I haven't seen wave 2 yet......lets get these figures in Target and Walmart, where kids are likely to get their hands on them.....and me too.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                        Colorado is a big negative. We received one shipment of the wave one figures.....then nothing....then they eliminated the pegs (2) for the figures.....went out today, and still nothing, no pegs, no wave ones, no wave twos, nuthin!!! Talked to an employee and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. If I was Mattel I would be a little bent out of shape, that Toys R Us is their exclusive outlet for this line, and they are not putting the product on the shelf. I'm Irrate!!

My wife bought me Batman from Amazon a moth ago, I thanked her but told her not to buy anymore because our Toys R Us would have them soon.....I want to get one to my buddies 5 year old, but Toys R Us seem to be boycotting the line. I understand that this line has problems, but Darn it, whats the freakin hold up.....Advertisements for wave three are out and I haven't seen wave 2 yet......lets get these figures in Target and Walmart, where kids are likely to get their hands on them.....and me too.
                        When I asked at TRU in Darthmouth someone who works in the store told me he didn't have any idea what I was talking about and doubts his store has had any at all? and since I have not seen any there at all I beleive he's right and he looked it up on the computer and they didn't show at all. I asked him to check the 1st wave too and nothing and this guy tells me he likes super hero figures so he would remember if they got the retro line there at all so he's almost sure his store isn't ordering them for some reason. He was shocked when I told him they were exclusive to TRU. He said that makes it odder that his store isn't ordering them. I wonder if this is the problem with people not finding them in certain area's? The store isn't ordering them maybe???

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 25, 2010

Finally found Wave 2 at the TRU by me . The pegs were still pretty full of Wave 1 so i'm glad they went ahead and ordered more. There were 3 Batman, 2 Aquaman, and 1 each of Black Manta and Two Face. Picked up Bats and Aquaman. At $20 a pop, i'm trying to be selective for now. Wonder how long that will last LOL.
                          Vintage Toy Rescue
                          1614-B N State Hwy 161
                          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                            Defender of the Megoverse
                            • Dec 30, 2008

LUCKY!!!!!!!

Comment

• bleit1701
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 1, 2009

The TRU in Novi Michigan had 3 cases on the pegs tonight...
                              Better late than never.....

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

Picked up a second Two Face, but have yet to see a Black Manta. Patience..patience....
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎