Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 'far out' do you think the Retro DC figures will go?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the dixie flatline
    • Jan 10, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
    I'd be happy with a nice round number...say 60 figures

1) Green Arrow
    2) Superman
    3) Lex Luthor
    4) Green Lantern
    5) Sinestro
    6) Batman
    7) Two-Face
    8) Aquaman
    9) Black Manta

Now for the remainder:

10) Flash
    11) Captain Cold
    12) Wonder Woman
    13) Cheetah
    14) Shazam
    15) Black Adam
    16) Robin
    17) Riddler
    18) Hawkman
    19) Martian Manhunter
    20) Blue Beetle
    21) Blue Devil
    22) Zan
    23) Jayna
    24) Joker
    25) Penguin
    26) Catwoman
    27) Scarecrow
    28) Myxzplk
    29) Bizarro
    30) Firestorm
    31) Atom
    32) Brainiac
    33) Black Lightning
    34) Mr. Freeze
    35) Dr. Fate
    36) Red Tornado
    36) Darkseid
    37) Desaad
    38) Kalibak
    39) Supergirl
    40) Hawkgirl
    41) Solomon Grundy
    42) Batgirl
    43) Zatanna
    44) Plastic Man
    45) Poison Ivy
    46) Harley Quinn
    47) Cyborg
    48) Zoom
    49) Mirror Master
    50) Spectre
    51) Nightwing
    52) Samurai
    53) Black Vulcan
    54) Apache Chief
    55) Toyman
    56) Swamp Thing
    57) Jonah Hex
    58) Kid Flash
    59) Speedy
    60) Aqualad

Yeah, that would be about perfect...
    i'll see your 60.. and raise you Giganta, Gorilla Grodd, Metamorpho and the Phantom Stranger for a NCAA bracket 64

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by the dixie flatline
      i'll see your 60.. and raise you Giganta, Gorilla Grodd, Metamorpho and the Phantom Stranger for a NCAA bracket 64
      Ooooohh. Good ones!

Comment

• bgrimm77
        NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
        • Jan 4, 2009

I would love to see a Swampthing too!!!
        WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
          I'd love to see Gentleman Ghost, etc., but my guess is that when/if we get to Hawkman and the second tier JLAers, Mattel will probably opt for more recognizable villains: Brainiac, Bizarro, Joker, and so on. Which is fine with me, because I want them all, but I'd love to see them throw us a curveball a la Killer Moth in the DCUC line.
          Gentleman Ghost has already made all three of Mattel's others lines, so its not out of the realm of possibility. Killer Moth would be a great one to run opposite of Batgirl.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spamn
            Minty and All-Original!
            • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            sure they have iconic villains Shadow Thief or Gentleman Ghost for Hawkman and Chronos for Atom
            Didn't know these two were specific to Hawkman and Atom. My only familiarity with GG was in the JSA book and I didn't know he was 'Hawkman's'. And I barely know who Chronos is, sadly - do a lot of other folks?

But I'd LOVE a Mego-esque Gentleman Ghost figure. Considering Gentleman Ghost is all over the JLU and DC line, I'd hope we get him in Retro format as well if/when Hawkman is part of the wave.

I'd also really love a Shade figure as he was in James Robinson's Starman book, though in a retro line, he'd probably be more styled after his times as a GL baddie. Or some kind of hybrid as he was shown in the JLU cartoon:

Hmm, Gentleman Ghost and The Shade - clearly I'm a fan of the Victorian-styled Villain. But I'd love to see both of these guys in the line.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I was kind of baffled at the idea of Gentleman Ghost, because I couldn't figure out how they could possibly do the invisible head, but then I remembered that DC Universe and JLU had one that worked it into the sculpt.

Not sure how they would do it with a cloth outfit figure... transparent head?

ditto Johnny Sorrow!
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• spamn
                Minty and All-Original!
                • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
                I was kind of baffled at the idea of Gentleman Ghost, because I couldn't figure out how they could possibly do the invisible head, but then I remembered that DC Universe and JLU had one that worked it into the sculpt.

Not sure how they would do it with a cloth outfit figure... transparent head?

ditto Johnny Sorrow!
                They wouldn't *need* a transparent head, they could duplicate the above by making the 'head' a rubber cape collar sturdy enough to suspend the hat and monocle with a neck plug.

It'd be pretty cool, I think. Might be an interesting experiment to try with a Penguin head, actually. They could definitely use one as a base.

Johnny Sorrow they could probably pull off in a similar fashion by molding a neckplug that only has the face portion and has a clear part between the bottom of the mask and the bottom of the neck.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

From that list, Firestorm, Mr. Freeze and Plastic Man are the three most possible non-Superfriends/LOD figures. Batman villains are always more possible than any others. If they're working on a new Wonder Woman, we could see Poison Ivy. Superman villains always come next, so Metallo has a shot after Bizarro and Brainiac. We've seen three re-tooled superheroes, but no re-tooled villains, which is fine with me. I don't need another Joker or Riddler. Zoom is highly likely if the line succeeds with quarterly releases.

I used to think Grodd was a no-go, but after seeing two fur-based designs in two different lines, he's certainly on the list. The biggest issue will be a new body design for him and Grundy since the rest have the luxury of being swappable. I could see Apache Chief and Giganta in 12" scale becoming Matty exclusives.

Maybe DM could answer this question - is Matty obligated to release matching character/villain sets or is that strictly a marketing decision? I ask because Aquaman is such a bizarre pick to remake that I'm wondering if it was solely done as the only way to release Manta. It would also makes sense as to why GA was a Matty exclusive since he really doesn't have a rogue's gallery to choose from. I'm also thinking back to how DC Direct used to release everything in matches, especially the Superfriends stuff.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

As long as they hit a few that I didn't customize, I'll be thrilled. I also want a Flash and Martian Manhunter because I've never been thrilled with my customs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Who do you put opposite the Martian Manhunter? maybe that would be the spot for Grodd since Flash may get Captain Cold?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• raider5gt
                        Museum Tree Cutter
                        • Nov 25, 2007

Yeah Gentleman Ghost would be cool.

How about Bane?

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎