The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a market for new Doctor Who Megos?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobws
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 13, 2008

I think the problem is, when they make a line the put way too many Villians and periferal characters out as figures. maybe this is cheaper as you don't need likenesses for real people This however floods the market with things like 3 different color clockwork men , granny with no face and judoon with and w/o helmet and so on.

What we collectors want are the main characters and some good main villians. as mentioned earlier. Release a Doctor thier main companion and a comtemporary villian to that Doctor. 3 charcters realeased every 3 months basically 1 a month to buy, that's not bad for finances. run through all 11 Doctors and the top 11 companions. then series 2 make 2 companions and 1 enemy, if necessary have an Doctor with a different outfit thrown in the mix but you only need 16 2 companions set to have everyone made. 11 Doctor sets, 16 double companion sets and that gives you 27 Villians as well. not a bad collection that would take about 6 years to make. i would get them all and plenty of doubles as well. i think tehy could sell great in UK and pretty well over here if done this way.
    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

An American Company has the licence to make Doctor Who figures with cloth outfits!!!

Unfortunately, it's Tonner.
      DOCTOR WHO - Tonner Doll Company
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Okay; waaaaaay out of my price range.

I don't have any of the Tonner dolls, on account of they are so danged expensive.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Thor
          Thunder God
          • Dec 17, 2009

I would love to buy a Mego version of the Third Doctor.
          sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
            STOP THE PRESSES!!!

An American Company has the licence to make Doctor Who figures with cloth outfits!!!

Unfortunately, it's Tonner.
            DOCTOR WHO - Tonner Doll Company
            It also says they're doing Torchwood figures. Wonder why Jack is going to cost more than the others?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎