Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HapSlash
    Tribal Witchdoctor
    • Nov 18, 2009

I'm not sure why my experience was so different, but it really put me off of buying through mattycollector.com in the future. Between them intentionally producing small numbers of their MOTUC figures so they sell out right away. To their substandard 12" movie figures... I'm pretty much done with them.

I'm just going to eat it on this one, pop the costume on a nude Mego GA I just bought, and probably end up tossing the broken figure.
    ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
    HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

How was it damaged?

How was your figure damaged?

Originally posted by HapSlash
      Well, that's definitely not fair... When I contacted them about mine, all they said was that if I returned it to them, shipped with tracking/confirmation on it (at MY expense), they would refund the $20 they had them listed at.

With the $9 that they charged to have it shipped to me, and another 5 to have it shipped back, I could get my 20 bucks back and have... nothing.

So, it basically works out that they wanted to charge me 14 dollars so that I could look at a broken GA for a few days.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• TrueDave
        Toy Maker
        • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by toystalker
        im sure you could knock up a box for the crushed one

yeah its a question ive asked and asked and fell of deaf ears... for a web exclusive you would have thought it would be a limited number... so they say they are sold out now, does anyone know what this official number of releases there was ?

you know, 2000 5000 or 20,000 ? you know it would be interesting to find out

if its not a limited edition type thing im sure they are not going to devulge in there sales records anyways LOL
        Its like when I worked at the movie theatres. We said sold out when we still had a number of seats available. To factor in people sneaking in , refusing to move over to make aroom for latecomers etc.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Don't throw away the broken body! Give it to me. I'll do something with it.

Comment

• HapSlash
            Tribal Witchdoctor
            • Nov 18, 2009

Originally posted by drmego
            How was your figure damaged?
            The head snapped off, right at the neck. I realize that part of it is due to it being cold, coming right in from sitting on the front step all morning... but if the plastic on the head weren't so very... very thin, it wouldn't have broken either.

Just for a comparison, the head on a classic mego is about 1/8 of an inch thick, give or take. Looking at the area where it snapped, it's easily less than 1/32.

Maybe this is done to cut costs, or maybe it's a factory error. But as is, I probably won't be getting any more of these to open and display.
            ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
            HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by HapSlash
              The head snapped off, right at the neck. I realize that part of it is due to it being cold, coming right in from sitting on the front step all morning... but if the plastic on the head weren't so very... very thin, it wouldn't have broken either.

Just for a comparison, the head on a classic mego is about 1/8 of an inch thick, give or take. Looking at the area where it snapped, it's easily less than 1/32.

Maybe this is done to cut costs, or maybe it's a factory error. But as is, I probably won't be getting any more of these to open and display.
              It makes me wonder if some customer reps are better than others and I got the luck of the draw.

In any case, DrMego is aware of this now and if he can help, he will.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎