X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

My Green Arrow story

When I heard the Green Arrows were just about sold out at Matty Collector, I pulled the trigger on it.

When it came a few days later, the shipping box was bashed in. Opening it up showed that the white cover box was also bashed in at the top and the card was crumpled in the place where the box was bashed to.

So, I called Matty Collector (wondering what they would do because they were officially listed as sold out). As it turned out they do keep a little stock on hand for this sort of thing so they got another one out to me.

GR arrived a few days later and it was fine (although it did have the slightly warped card many have mentioned here).

I was a little baffled, because I had expected some shipping return label for my damaged one.

So I called Matty Collector back and they said I could just keep the other one.

So, although I didn't plan it, I had the damaged one to open and the undamaged one to keep closed (the card anyway, I did open the box), for the price of one figure.

So, cheers to Matty Collector.

As for the figure, I like it!

There are a few differences from a real Mego (thicker legs) but it fits in with the rest of the Megos fine and the hands are definitely Mego like. I do hope future releases improve the posability a bit, but it does pose good.

Can't wait for Superman.
    Last edited by mego73; Jan 23, '10, 12:40 AM.

[email protected]
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Good customer service, good to hear
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Lucky SOB! I think I'll call Matty and tell them mine was damaged.
      sigpic

Comment

• toystalker
        none
        • Mar 27, 2008

im sure you could knock up a box for the crushed one

yeah its a question ive asked and asked and fell of deaf ears... for a web exclusive you would have thought it would be a limited number... so they say they are sold out now, does anyone know what this official number of releases there was ?

you know, 2000 5000 or 20,000 ? you know it would be interesting to find out

if its not a limited edition type thing im sure they are not going to devulge in there sales records anyways LOL

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Great service!

But what is it with the warped cards? All mine came that way.

Do they need to use stiffer cardstock for the later waves?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• HapSlash
            Tribal Witchdoctor
            • Nov 18, 2009

Well, that's definitely not fair... When I contacted them about mine, all they said was that if I returned it to them, shipped with tracking/confirmation on it (at MY expense), they would refund the $20 they had them listed at.

With the $9 that they charged to have it shipped to me, and another 5 to have it shipped back, I could get my 20 bucks back and have... nothing.

So, it basically works out that they wanted to charge me 14 dollars so that I could look at a broken GA for a few days.
            ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
            HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• boynightwing
              That Carl Guy
              • Apr 24, 2002

I'm still waiting for mine to get here...

Should I call them and ask about why it hasn't arrived?

Comment

• Chippupperty
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 5, 2004

boynightwing I am still waitng for mine also---I have done a few ebay transactions took along time for them to get me--the tracking for the ebay stuff always showed it getting hung up at the border in customs!

Comment

• boynightwing
                  That Carl Guy
                  • Apr 24, 2002

Its good to know I'm not alone.

I have this mental image of a tonn of Green Arrows just sitting at customs.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

Thats Great customer service. Kudos to them
                    Sammy

Comment

• mego73
                      Printed paperboard Tiger
                      • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by HapSlash
                      Well, that's definitely not fair... When I contacted them about mine, all they said was that if I returned it to them, shipped with tracking/confirmation on it (at MY expense), they would refund the $20 they had them listed at.

With the $9 that they charged to have it shipped to me, and another 5 to have it shipped back, I could get my 20 bucks back and have... nothing.

So, it basically works out that they wanted to charge me 14 dollars so that I could look at a broken GA for a few days.
                      I wonder why your experience was so different from mine?

[email protected]

Comment

• bgrimm77
                        NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
                        • Jan 4, 2009

That is great customer service!! very cool
                        WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• haggis
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 17, 2008

Originally posted by boynightwing
                          Its good to know I'm not alone.

I have this mental image of a tonn of Green Arrows just sitting at customs.
                          I'm still waiting for mine too. As of early next week it will have been 20 business days since they claim it shipped. I'll be contacting them after that. I have never had any package(and there have been hundreds) take this long to come from anywhere(Europe, UK, China, Japan, all over the USA). That, of course, is assuming that it actually shipped on Dec. 24 as their email suggests...
                          No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• starsky
                            veteran member
                            • Aug 26, 2007

considering many complain about their customer service, glad that you got well taken care of!! i guess it all depends on who you get....

Comment

• bleit1701
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 1, 2009

Try calling customer service again and keep on until you get someone willing to really help. Sooner or later you should get what you want.
                              Better late than never.....

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎