Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Don't get me wrong...I'm very grateful these are being made. But I no longer see myself buying an extra copy of each, to keep one MOC. I'll be buying one and opening it, to put on a different Body. I'm still happy to have the Rotocast Heads, and China made Parts.
    sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Thinking about it, I suppose buying them at regular retail and then replacing the bodies and boots would be a bit less than it cost me for Green Arrow. I would be bypassing the $9 Matty shipping charge and the figures are sure to be cheaper at retail, I figure around $12 - $15. So in the end it would probably cost me about $34.00 or so, not close to $50 like with Green Arrow. That makes it a bit better, but one problem is I don't have a Toys R Us real close, so would probably end up ordering from the TRU website, which would tack back on some shipping charges. Plus that is still too much money that I could be spending on vintage toys.

All this being said, I admit that if I saw series 1 hanging on the pegs at TRU I would have a really hard time not purchasing them. Though I would probably just keep most on the card and not spend the extra cash to improve them.

The more I look over at my Matt-A-Way Green Arrow, the more I love him. He looks fantastic.
      Last edited by Remco Monster; Jan 5, '10, 9:58 PM.

Comment

• trekman101
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2009

I know some of you guys are not completely happy and some what disappointed with this FIRST figure but apart from the arms not twisting and the leg issues(both I'm shore Mattel knows about),every other complaint is minor.Bottom line we should all be HAPPY that a major toy manufacturer is willing to make mint 8 inch DC(and hopefully one day Marvel) action figures in the tradition of Mego.A small company who could probably make a "perfect" figure that would please every one and afford to pay for it isn't going to happen any time soon.Also toy companies like any other business have to generate profit to make sure they will continue to survive and prosper.So if you "need" to improve GA to a certain degree.... than you can.The TRU figures will probable be cheaper than GA and that will be gravy I think he's pretty good and I'm sure more of you agree than disagree with me( I hope )
        "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Green Arrow head swap!

Here's mine,.....Castaway body (Restrung, for better R.O.M) Old Style Cast-a-Way Boots. With a little Surgery the figure looks much better and can pose in any fighting position possible. Removing the head (boiling water Method) was helpful...But not easy. Overall my kids and i are happy with the final results.

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Looks good. I am still deciding on if I should go with either the old style, or new style Cast-A-Way boots.

Why not switch out the hands on yours with the Mattel hands? Then he will be near perfect.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

I'm digging the instant customizing of these fellows to whatever the beholder sees as perfect. My son is content with it straight off the card and I am OK with it that way as well.

I am looking forward to seeing what the customizers do with that buffed up top end once there are cheaper figures on the shelves of the local toy stores.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Green Arrow head swap!

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                Looks good. I am still deciding on if I should go with either the old style, or new style Cast-A-Way boots.

Why not switch out the hands on yours with the Mattel hands? Then he will be near perfect.
                Working on that,....Right now! I'll post pics soon. I think either of the boots aforementioned look great.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Green Arrow head swap!

Here he is.....Updated picture. Castaway body (Restrung, for better R.O.M) Old Style Cast-a-Way Boots. I'm using the Matty lower arm w/green hands (fits perfectly on the Castaway swivel upper arm).

Last edited by Ivaniski; Jan 6, '10, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

I'd really like to see a pic of the arm attachment you mentioned.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

I edited the bow section of my review for a mistake I made and shouldn't have considering I used to be so into archery...

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                        No,they won't...that's Wave 2.
                        Oh yeah, that's right. Crappy legs on Wave 1, no issues on Wave 2 (Batman)... hopefully
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Looks like Castaway better stock up on bodies and boots
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Meule
                            The next ones should be altered somewhat
                            I remember Mattel saying they were fixing the weak ankled JLU figures, and that never happened. So, don't hold your breath. All I know is if I paid 30 bucks for Green Arrow and then had to customize him to get a usable figure, I'd be po'ed.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• HapSlash
                              Tribal Witchdoctor
                              • Nov 18, 2009

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the neck ripping.... my GA head just snapped off, and I wasn't even trying to take it off yet... I looked at the plastic at that point, and it's LESS than 1/32 of an inch thick.
                              ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
                              HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by HapSlash
                                Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the neck ripping.... my GA head just snapped off, and I wasn't even trying to take it off yet... I looked at the plastic at that point, and it's LESS than 1/32 of an inch thick.
                                I wonder if Mattel will replace defective figures. You should contact them and ask. I'd be mad.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎