X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

The Teen Titans should be 8" Tall!

Honestly Folks...I know everybody likes the 7" Mego Teen Titans, but let's be realistic. The way George Perez drew Them(and Robin was in College at the time)...the Titans had to be at least 16 to 18 years old. So...it really doesn't make any sense to make them 7" Figures. I think they should be 8"...just like the rest of the Megos.

Just my opinion.
    sigpic
  • Riffster
    Atomic batteries to power
    • Jun 29, 2008

but the original titans were kids. If your going off of the New Teen ttians then yes they're 18ish, but the 60's-70's run of titans they were young
    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, but I agree with Bat. At the time Mego issued the TT, they were seniors in high school or underclassmen in college. Most people are pretty much maxed out in height by then. I'd like to see a younger 7" Robin eventually, and 8" Titans (with an accurate costume Speedy!)

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Once again, I guess it comes down to preference. I grew up reading the George Perez Teen Titans...so that's my favorite version of the Characters.
        sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

At the time Megos were made, they were going for the Silver Age Teen Titans. What never made sense to me was that they made Robin 8". I mean, he was one of the earliest characters they released, and it doesn't seem that they planned too far in advance, so they probably weren't thinking about the 7" Titans at that point. When Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash and Wondergirl were released, it would have been great to have gotten a new version of Robin, but my guess is that since the 8" figure was still selling, they saw no point in taking the time and money to make the changes necessary for a smaller figure.
          Now, since the new WGSH line will include slightly updated sculpts, this would be a good chance to make the Teen Titans a little more consistent, if they're even planning on making them. But supposing they are, if the plan is do just redo the original Silver Age team, then the original lineup, plus a 7" Robin would be great. I don't know how extensive this new line will be, but if there's room for the Perez-era team, then I would hope for 8" versions of everyone - the original 5(with Wondergirl in her red jumpsuit, none of the black Troia outfits, please), plus Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

No, they should be smaller.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Hmm......they don't look like little Kids to me.
              sigpic

Comment

• david_b
                Never had enough toys..
                • May 9, 2008

In my opinion.., the 7" size was a nice way to introduce more product line variety (hence different packaging), capitalizing on what DC had high hopes for with the 'new' Titans title of 1976, and to emphasize the 'youthful companion' look for some of the existing line figures.

I could go either way as to size, but the 8" would make good sense, when you're adding in the '80s figures, and yes, a more correctly dressed Speedy. Changling could be 7" if you wanted to achieve more accuracy.

david_b
                Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Using the 8" Body has another perk for Mattel...no new Body needs to be made.
                  sigpic

Comment

• 60'schild
                    Silver Haired Silver Ager
                    • Mar 27, 2009

Yeah ... go with the regular 8" body. (Teen Titans grow up so fast these days!! )

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

Mego created a HULK that was shorter than Robin. I think we could all live with 8" Titans.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                        Mego created a HULK that was shorter than Robin. I think we could all live with 8" Titans.

EXCELLENT point!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          Alan Scott is the best GL
                          • Aug 8, 2007

the titans should be 8" scale (except changeling since he was short) teen wonder robin/nightwing was never looked at as short

I would like to see some thinner faces expecaill for robin since teenagers features tend to be leaner than the same person has at 25 years old (assuming similiar weigth and build)

Speedy needs a corrected costume even if it's the same 4 titans (not that I am pushing for a reissue but the nego speedy was wrong in so many ways

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 9, 2008

I agree I think if yoy are going with Retro looks ( 70's through 80's ) The 8" body would look much better. Although I do like the Idea of the 7" body for certain characters.
                            In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I think if you go with the 80's Titans they'd HAVE to be 8", but if you're doing the 60's ones they should be 7". 'Course I don't know if anyone remembers the 60's one any more.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎