Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackson5677
    Banned
    • Oct 19, 2008

My parents paid around $2 each for my original mego figures in the 1970's...and I beat the hell out of them, but I'm sure the new mego figures are going to sell (like emce trek) at around $15-20 EACH...that's around $100 for the first wave....I don't think parents are going to blow $100 for the kids today to beat on them.....what do you think ?
    also keep in mind.....how well MARVEL Famous covers did....can't give them away today.

Comment

• Raydeen1
      Persistent Member
      • May 23, 2008

Sorry to say but kids really have no interest in these types of figures unless they've been previously exposed to them like my boys. My boys are interested in them because I am. These are more geared to Mego and toy collectors with hopes that kids will want them. Much the same as the
      WalMart AT Joes. Most were bought by collectors and 40somethings.

20 bucks for a figure for my sons to beat on is a bit much but I paid 50 for a huge Starscream Transformer and like 70.00 each on several different Optimus Prime figures. 20 bucks is fairly decent. If they could keep them around 15.00m around the price of an average Transformer figure up here, I'd buy them for my boys without hesitation.

Oh and the Famous Covers figures stink. That's why you can't give them away.

Originally posted by jackson5677
      My parents paid around $2 each for my original mego figures in the 1970's...and I beat the hell out of them, but I'm sure the new mego figures are going to sell (like emce trek) at around $15-20 EACH...that's around $100 for the first wave....I don't think parents are going to blow $100 for the kids today to beat on them.....what do you think ?
      also keep in mind.....how well MARVEL Famous covers did....can't give them away today.

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 11, 2009

Originally posted by jackson5677
        My parents paid around $2 each for my original mego figures in the 1970's
        Don't forget to adjust for inflation. That 2 dollars of 1973 money would be around 10-11 dollars of 2009 money.

Comment

• jackson5677
          Banned
          • Oct 19, 2008

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
          Don't forget to adjust for inflation. That 2 dollars of 1973 money would be around 10-11 dollars of 2009 money.
          Did you hear that Mattel........they should go for around 10-11 dollars.

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 11, 2009

^ Nice try! Unfortunately, the price for Megos went up over time. By the late 70's/early 80's, a 5 dollar price tag was not unusual for a Mego action figure. Adjusted for inflation, that ends up being 13-14 dollars in today's money. So, 15 bucks would not be all that unreasonable.

But that's beside the point. The point is that the 70's price of Megos is comparable to today's price for an average action figure.

Besides, Raydeen is right. These new Mattel Megos are going to be much more appealing to collectors and nostalgia buyers than today's kids.

Now, if there were Ben 10 Megos, that could be a different story...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎