X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flynne
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott
    I am adding this to the Museum front page, anticipating that we will get more newbie visitors in search of info about these. I grabbed the graphic from the 1973 Catalog announcement.
    And five minutes later, it's my new desktop background. You rock, Scott!
    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

AWESOME Job Scott...GREAT Idea!!
      sigpic

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

Green Arrow will be available this fall on mattycollector.com - so Fall is the way
        to go.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

is the proto head for supes the final mold? I like it but It seems different than the others -maybe a little larger in proportion compared to the others.

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

He is a prototype - usually you can expect about a 6% shrinkage
            (Tell her about the shrinkage Jerry!!!) when you send the factory
            a resin head.

Then again Superman is the greatest hero of them all, so he may
            just keep that swelled head.
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• EMCEtoys
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 1, 2007

Okay, here's an update.

It's been asked whether or not we're making any improvements to the capes, be it material or some kind of hemming to prevent the classic "fraying" problem of vintage MEGOs.

We can reveal that the material is still nylon in keeping with MEGO, because we believe that changing the material of something with as much area as a cape is leaning a bit too far out of the "MEGOverse".

However, the Mattel factory is going to apply a process that seals the edges so fraying won't be a problem.

Hopefully that will be seen as an improvement without straying too far away from what we're intending to so with the line.

As always, more info as it comes in.

I'm gonna post this up in "MEGO Buzz", as I just discovered there seems to be a mirror thread up there as well.

Comment

• Raydeen1
                Persistent Member
                • May 23, 2008

I am so loving this. The opinions are awesome. I'd personally LOVE to see a Superfriends Batman. My son says Batman MUST have a removable mask. I tend to agree. I'm all about removable masks.

I gotta say one thing: Those gauntlets are not doing it for me. I know they're prototypes but the concept in itself turns me off. I'd much rather see gloves like Mr.Fantastic or at the very least, make the gauntlets like the magnetic Batman and Robin.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

CONGRATS EMCE!!!!!!!

I saw em! They look great!
                  AW YEAH NEW MEGOS!!!!
                  AW YEAH LUTHOR!!!!

Comment

• Caelonfox
                    • Aug 7, 2008

Hey Paul.
                    Speaking of heads, are the heads going to be solid like some of your earlier custom repros or are they going to be flexible (squishy) like the originals and your later repros. I'm sure it's the later, I was just looking for reassurance.
                    After giving a lot of thought, I tend to agree that the "Mr Fantastic" style gloves seems more fitting with the whole Original Mego feel as MOST (not all - Green Arrow) had "removable" oven mits or hard plastic gloves. Just a thought.
                    Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• Caelonfox
                      • Aug 7, 2008

Mego Scott,
                      Your me hero! I just saw your website (Dida Displays) for the first time and I am floored!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! It's one thing to make a great repro of something but to "Out do" the original is brilliant!! The deluxe playsets are the coolest thing I have EVER seen. Forgive me, to those who have known about these for however long.

These should be, if they are not planning to already, bought out by Mattel and used/sold for the new character releases this Fall and next year. They are brilliant!
                      Last edited by Caelonfox; Jul 30, '09, 2:17 AM.

Comment

• Caelonfox
                        • Aug 7, 2008

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I noticed Green Lantern's left hand looks strange. Is it a regular Mego hand ? I think it's just at a weird angle, just wondering.
                        Last edited by Caelonfox; Jul 30, '09, 2:27 AM.

Comment

• Caelonfox
                          • Aug 7, 2008

After giving much thought, I tend to agree that the "Mr Fantastic" style gloves seems more fitting with the whole Original Mego feel as MOST (not all - Green Arrow) had "removable" oven mits or hard plastic gloves. I'm just not sure how the painted hands and flared cuffs look is going to translate over to Batman and Robin. Just not feeling it. Anyone else?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

May I just say how amazing it is that you guys are taking all our comments in consideration?
                            I know that not all will be feasible, but this really feels like "custom designed to please the diehard fan".
                            Cool!

I'm not really a big GA fan, but I'll most definitely be in line to buy one. History in the making.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Brue
                              is the proto head for supes the final mold? I like it but It seems different than the others -maybe a little larger in proportion compared to the others.
                              It could be because of the jaw that his head looks better
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wonderfan32
                                • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                                Okay, here's an update.

It's been asked whether or not we're making any improvements to the capes, be it material or some kind of hemming to prevent the classic "fraying" problem of vintage MEGOs.

We can reveal that the material is still nylon in keeping with MEGO, because we believe that changing the material of something with as much area as a cape is leaning a bit too far out of the "MEGOverse".

However, the Mattel factory is going to apply a process that seals the edges so fraying won't be a problem.

Hopefully that will be seen as an improvement without straying too far away from what we're intending to so with the line.

As always, more info as it comes in.

I'm gonna post this up in "MEGO Buzz", as I just discovered there seems to be a mirror thread up there as well.
                                Thank you Joe. That was my main concern. Bring em' on!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎