Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wonderfan32
    • Jul 27, 2009

Hi,

I wanted to know if Paul, Joe, and all that are involved will take into consideration the fabric being used for the capes. The old ones on the original Megos fray after some time. I see that you guys are taking the same approach with the Superman prototype shown at SDCC. I know this may not be an issue for most but I want the figures I buy to last and those capes are usually the first to go. From what I can see, you're using Lycra for the suits which is an update from the original fabric from back in the day. Can't you use the same material for the capes? That way, they won't fray so easily. Thank you...

Comment

• DocDrako
      Formerly Doc Drako
      • Nov 11, 2004

The suspense is KILLING me!

(Despite my eagerness, I know that when I get my first new "Mego", I will just hold it and admire it for awhile. I may even weep softly.)

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Hey Joe...here's some Neal Adams "Mego Innocent" Art for Ya! Look...Batman's even smiling!
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That Batman piece above was adapted by Mego for the Batman headshot on the 79 DC Mego packages.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            That Batman piece above was adapted by Mego for the Batman headshot on the 79 DC Mego packages.

Chris

In the back of my Mind, I thought that it might have been...that's why I chose it. Kinda proves my point about Neal Adams & Mego.
            sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
              Neither can I. He was my first MEGO, and Paul presented me with one mint in box after we got the Trek figures launched. Hated the fact that everyone else called him"Shazam", the same kids that would say "The Star Track Enterprise" or call Ben Grimm "Rock Man".

I know you're all harboring the same maturity-challenged resentments too, don't deny it
              Hahahah Goodness one of my pet peeves is when someone calls him Shazam! I instantly have to correct the person and say NO it's Captain Marvel!.....which I get the smart *** answer back isn't he a marvel character....I say NO that's Captain Mar-VELL!! lol! geeez I'm such a geek!

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by wonderfan32
                Hi,

I wanted to know if Paul, Joe, and all that are involved will take into consideration the fabric being used for the capes. The old ones on the original Megos fray after some time. I see that you guys are taking the same approach with the Superman prototype shown at SDCC. I know this may not be an issue for most but I want the figures I buy to last and those capes are usually the first to go. From what I can see, you're using Lycra for the suits which is an update from the original fabric from back in the day. Can't you use the same material for the capes? That way, they won't fray so easily. Thank you...
                We hear ya. Capes are a big topic of conversation here, so it won't be ignored.

Of course, that puts poor Paul out of the repro cape business...planned obsolescence, don'tcha know

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                  We hear ya. Capes are a big topic of conversation here, so it won't be ignored.

Of course, that puts poor Paul out of the repro cape business...planned obsolescence, don'tcha know
                  Joe, I don't know about that. There are a lot of people who will still customize , and there are some that still like that old cape look. If Paul keeps making them I'll buy them for vintage fixer uppers and customs

Either way I said it before I don't care how they are packaged and I do not care if the capes are the old material or not ...... I just want to buy these and treasure your hard work !
                  In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Caelonfox
                    • Aug 7, 2008

I am one of those guys that actually likes the old capes. I understand changing the faces a little and even wanting to steer clear of the "oven mits" (even though I love them), but to change the cape material would be going to far. Stay as close to the originals as possible, I say.
                    If you take care of the figures, the cape will be fine. Look how many 30+ year old existing original mego capes there are in the world right now.
                    Firefighter/Mego Collector

Comment

• drogge
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

Mego is alive!

I was so excitied to hear mego was being revisted I had to join this forum. I collected all of the Megos as a child, shame I don't have any of them. However, I have managed to rebuy all of the Mego superheros via ebay. I hope these figures are great and don't stray to far from the orginal concepts. I am very excited about new character figures. This is GREAT!

Comment

• Superbatman
                        • Jan 24, 2007

This is Great news!In a recent issue of ToyFare Marty Abrams said that Mego was coming back.I guess this is what he meant.I wonder if the Mego name will be on the packaging.
                        I'd like to see more previously unreleased characters such as Two-Face and The Flash.Updates to older characters would be great.I'd like to see a new Penguin with a decent outfit instead of a jumpsuit and an umbrella.New Joker with a cane and/or gun would be cool too.
                        Too bad Marvel characters aren't being done too.I'd really like to see Daredevil,Dr.Doom and a new Iron Man.A new Conan might be feasable if the rights could be obtained from Conan Properties.
                        The Lex Luthor figure looks like Red Forman in the episode of That 70s Show where they parodied the Superfriends.

Comment

• saildog
                          Permanent Member
                          • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by drogge
                          I was so excitied to hear mego was being revisted I had to join this forum. I collected all of the Megos as a child, shame I don't have any of them. However, I have managed to rebuy all of the Mego superheros via ebay. I hope these figures are great and don't stray to far from the orginal concepts. I am very excited about new character figures. This is GREAT!
                          Welcome Aboard, drogge!

I started with just one of my original Megos when I joined. Show us your collection sometime. Do you collect any other Mego lines or do you stick to WGSH?

Glad to have you here, Amigo.

Comment

• saildog
                            Permanent Member
                            • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
                            In the back of my Mind, I thought that it might have been...that's why I chose it. Kinda proves my point about Neal Adams & Mego.
                            Oh...he may be smilin', but I still wouldn't want him ****ed off at me.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 12, 2005

Far out!
                              Last edited by Cosmicman; Jul 29, '09, 8:13 AM.
                              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• wonderfan32
                                • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by Caelonfox
                                I am one of those guys that actually likes the old capes. I understand changing the faces a little and even wanting to steer clear of the "oven mits" (even though I love them), but to change the cape material would be going to far. Stay as close to the originals as possible, I say.
                                If you take care of the figures, the cape will be fine. Look how many 30+ year old existing original mego capes there are in the world right now.
                                That's if you keep them in the boxes. I wanted to know how people felt and I guess that is probably the sentiment of most here. If that's the case, then why not use the same fabric for the suits as they did back then? Why use lycra at all? That's not Mego.

Don't get me wrong. When these come out, I'll be all over it like everyone else but even as a kid, I thought these could be better produced. Of course, I didn't have anything then to validate what I thought to be true until some 15 years or so later when I saw the work of Charlee Flatt and then later on even more customizers here. I know that's a whole different ball game and I don't expect anything like that from this line. The fact that the mitts are gone is good IMO but I think the capes could at least be the same material. Again, just one opinion albeit severely outnumbered....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎