just amazing...
      Better late than never.....

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        Hello!

Andrew Covalt here, and I sculpted GL and Sinestro and tweaked Green Arrow and Superman. I wanted to wait for a few reviews to come in on the new sculpts before I made myself known.

I wanted to thank Paul and Joe for giving me the opportunity to sculpt new heads for our favorite heroes. I hope they are well received and we'll get to continue making more and more.

So I'm as excited as anybody! I'm still waiting for some really sharp pics too!

Congratulations. Freakin' awesome.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

As this is "clean my house day", I've been moving back and forth between my vacuum cleaning and the forum.
          I can't help it. It's like witnessing the moon landing on TV in 1969. I have to keep coming back and checking the comments.

So, Paul (and team). It's your fault that my house will still look like a dump by the end of the day!
          But you're forgiven....
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I do hope that we'll have easy access to these through the good people here on the forum.
            Personally, I hate chasing figures via websites and dealers and Ebay. Especially when the word "exclusive" is mentioned.
            I'd sign up today for getting a "subscription" to each and every new figure via the MM, Paul, Hulk, etc....
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

So have all of the characters been selected already for all of the waves announced for 2010? What's the possibility of a fan-voted character being available some point exclusively to Matty Collector? It would be really cool if voting was done through the Mego Museum if that's possible. Imagine picking up a figure with package labelling that says: "Exclusive Figure! As Selected by Members of The Mego Museum!". How cool would THAT be?!
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                Imagine picking up a figure with package labelling that says: "Exclusive Figure! As Selected by Members of The Mego Museum!". How cool would THAT be?!

We'd be the envy of The Others.....

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by dumbldor
                  Dude, if you were here right now, there would be a high five and even a hug whether you'd like it or not!

LOL!!! Yup, the War is over Dan.......and we both WON!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• MegoSteve
                    Superman's Pal
                    • Jun 17, 2005

Wow, they really look fantastic. This really is a dream come true. I'm just afraid that when I see them for the first time at Toys R Us, I'm going to start crying in public and make a fool of myself.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 20, 2002

I had a wedding yesterday and had to miss the big announcement and all the comments that followed. I'm so glad this is finally out there because it's hard to know what's up and not say anything.

I'm grateful to Paul and Joe for including me in the project. The best thing about this is the Mattel guys really do "get it". At the NY Con you can tell they were into it. Not just 8" figures, but MEGO 8" figures. You could feel the love.

Paul and Joe deserve all the love, they pushed this through, I'm just a hired hand asked to help on the suits. It has been a mix of complete joy and total stress. You want to get it right, to please all the Mego folks (including us) yet create something the DC and Mattel folks are going to okay. In my conversations with Paul and Joe when working out the details of the suits, you could feel the excitement of the project, yet feel the stress as well. We really didn't have a lot of time to get these together and all our concerns had to be argued out. This isn't right! That isn't going to work! ARGH! But all those discussions made the final product better I think. In the end, I'm pretty happy with what was done. I love the new head adaptations and couldn't be more thrilled the figures are a bit different from originals, yet still look like Mego. As for the suits, they are still protos. The vinyl we wanted to use on the cuffs we just couldn't find here so had to sub a thicker, clunkier vinyl which should be replaced in the factory with something thinner, and less obtrusive. The final pms color matching will be done there as well, so some of the trim doesn't exactly match the fabric at this point, but all that is coming. Point is, the final product will look even better.

Anyway, as I said, it's not all fun. It's a lot of work and all involved were feeling it, especially as the deadline approached, but each and every time I got a new set of concept art from Joe for the next character, I got all giddy. I have my son hanging over my shoulder while I work on this project wanting to know when he can get his, and that is so cool. Corrupt the children with Mego love!

So thanks go to Paul and Joe for making this real. It's been more hard work than they can explain here. Lot of blood, sweat and tears, and I really appreciate the opportunity to play a small role. This is BIG! We've had reproduction figures and we've had new characters, but this is WGSH, and this is Mattel. When you think about that, it's pretty amazing.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

In all this excitement...I still haven't congratulated You Dave old Buddy! Job EXTREMELY well done good Sir!! Thanks for helping bring back Mego!!

Now...tell me about BATMAN!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Spring 2010 seems like an eternity now...
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• steshell
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jan 20, 2008

WOW!!!!!!
                            Didn't log on yesterday and missed this.

Just the thought of playing with these figures with my 4 year old grandson brings a tear to my eye.

Steve

Comment

• bonkers head
                              Museum Patron
                              • Mar 25, 2007

OMG how did i miss this thread !!!! Amazing congratulations to everyone involved. Hope we can get these in the UK !!

Comment

• GAFan
                                Veteran Member
                                • May 30, 2008

I was just thinking of the people that haven't logged on yet. They are going through their day not knowing that their favorite hobby has changed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎