X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott
    The new Gorn looks great, but I kinda have some love for the Mego Gorn, too.
    Me too! That's very important in the Mego History, to let people knows what's about Mego Gorn.
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• mars396
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 14, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Regarding the vintage Gorn, I hever thought he was terrible.

I never had an issue with the Gorn. I always considered it to be a version of the aliens from “Arena” that the Klingons pressed into service of their Navy. We humans have differences in skin color and facial structure across our planet, so too would the Gorn. And in the Animated episode “The Jihad”, there was a brown coloured Gorn character, so in my mind,Mego’s Gorn is canon. My Gorn was always working alongside the Klingon as his second in command. I even armed both of them with little plastic sword-shaped toothpicks.

Here’s another possible explanation:

Upon hearing of the “Gorn” through the intercepted reports from Capt Kirk after the Cetus III incident, the Klingon Empire became very interested in an intelligent, space-faring humanoid reptilian race with inhuman strength and stamina to conquer. They searched the galaxy until they came upon what they assumed were these “Gorn”. As had happened on Earth centuries ago when Humans from the European continent were looking for a trade route to a nation called India came upon the indigenous peoples of the North American continent, and mistook them for “Indians” (a name the Native Americans are still known by to this day), the race misnamed “Gorn” by the Klingons were conquered, and thus entered Klingon Imperial society and served as foot soldiers for the Empire.

Last edited by mars396; Dec 5, '08, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Seeker
        Neptunians RULE!
        • Feb 20, 2008

Actually in some of the gaming trek history the Gorn Hegemony was thought to be made up a three genetically related reptilian species. So the Original Mego Gorn could have been from one of those lesser races.

Lo there do I see my Father.
        Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
        Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
        Lo they do call me.
        They bid me take my place among them.
        In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎