Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Odd...I have oodles of Khans here, and of all the ones opened, none have this problem?

Even if I find one that does it's easily fixed by rehooking the rubber bands inside, ie: re-arranging the metal hardware a bit to take some of the tension of the bands.
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• DocDrako
      Formerly Doc Drako
      • Nov 11, 2004

My Khan had a separated pelvis when I opened it. It wasn't broken, it was like the glue wasn't very strong and it popped apart. I superglued it back together and it's been fine since. I open all of my toys as well which is why I don't buy packaged Megos.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

Remember toys are assembled by HUMANS in China too. Some workers do a good
        job with gluing the torsos and stringing the bodies, and some don't.

I have a Spock unopened with rank bands on only 1 arm. Obviously Quality
        Control is slim to none in the factories, but I still like to tell my guy there
        about poor quality.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Hadn't thought about restringing--I'll try it.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 14, 2008

no cracks but he is tightly jointed. so far kirk is not too loose not too tight just the right feel and movment.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>Hadn't thought about restringing--I'll try it.

My figures see a lot of action, so I restring the Docbods. I usually do it along the lines of how a T1 body is strung. Fixes up any problems.

Don C.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                Career Member
                • Sep 6, 2007

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT. DOC. WE ARE SPENDING GOOD MONEY ON THESE FIGURES. SOME OF US DO OPEN THE FIGURES ,SOME OF US DON'T AND SOME OF US PURCHASE MORE THEN ONE FIGURE (ONE TO PLAY WITH ,ONE TO COLLECT) THE PROBLEM WITH TORSO'S CRACKING SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.(I EXPECT THIS WITH LOWER GRADE TOYS SUCH AS KNOCK OFFS AND EVEN THE CLASSIC TOY RUN WHICH WE ALL KNOW WERE REALLY HORRIBLE BODIES AND LOW QUALITY) WE SHOULD NOT BE REGLUING PARTS OR SWITCHING HANDS OR LEGS. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR QUALITY CONTROL UNIT IN CHINA AND HAVE THE PROBLEM CORRECTED. PERHAPS THEY NEED TO INVEST IN STRONGER GLUE? NOW, THESE THINGS DO NOT REFLECT YOU PER SAY, BUT THEY DO HAVE AN IMPACT ON SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO CREATE AND BE THE NEW MEGO FLAG CARRIER. i DONT MEAN TO KNOCK YOU AT ALL, SINCE WE KNOW YOU ARE A DECENT PERSON. BUT I JUST WANTED TO KEEP THE LINE GOING AND HELP MAKE MORE FIGURES POSSIBLE, SINCE I RESPECT YOU AS WELL AS THE LINE AND ALL YOU ARE DOING FOR US FANS.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                  Career Member
                  • Sep 6, 2007

Sorry for the caps, I thought they would automatically convert to lower case letters.I now know better. no shouting was intended.

Comment

• spotter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 6, 2008

Doc has always been good about fixing problems. I have purchased a few doc bods over the years and h ave had one or 2 split apart ( no stressing or cracking of the torso). He is correct when he points out that these are factory made and therefore subject to factory errors and quality issues.

Classic megos & ctvt chests are were Sonic Welded or blow molded so they don't separate they break. Doc Torsos also use a different band structure ( same side leg to arm connection) versuse cris cross of classic mego this makes the figure stand better and avoid twisitng but it centralized that pressure on the seam.

I for one will not complain about current glitches.

I spent @30 on docs hand made parts to get sort of a romulan 5 years ago. I bought 2 EMCE's for just a little more and it has a vac metalized chromed helmet.

I was able to get a pikeman outfit and other parts from doc to dress a naked Type1 GA. The factory made parts are nicer and (generally) cheaper than hand molded ones. And for those of us who suck at making molded heads spendng $25 with shipping from Canada for Khan was only marginally higher than the $20 a dave MC head would have cost me to get nicely painted one back in the day and I was able to open him
                    Last edited by spotter; Dec 5, '08, 2:54 PM.
                    Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Khan cracks......

I luv Doc's type 2 bodies....As soon as i get an EMCe Figure i always Re-string to the point that i get full range of motion and articulation to the Tenth Degree. I use craft jewelry string and in about 4 minutes i'm done. I also use a little Zap glue to re-glue the torso if it opens while i remove the particular head in use. Had my Doc bodies for years and the kids play with them all the time.
                      Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 4, '08, 4:36 PM.

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

Don't worry - I don't get upset when people find fault with my products.

I do tell my manufacturer in China know about all QC issues and he is very
                        good about feeding it back to the actual workers.

My point was that in an assembly line environment - some workers are
                        thorough and use enough glue in the torso and give each figure a left
                        and a right arm facing the right way, and some workers grab two left
                        arms and barely touch the torso with glue.

Sometimes I can tell by looking at a figure if it was assembled well,
                        but not always. What I can do is offer to exchange the erastz figure
                        for another one and strip the poor boy for parts.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                          • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                          Don't worry - I don't get upset when people find fault with my products...

What I can do is offer to exchange the erastz figure
                          for another one and strip the poor boy for parts.
                          You certainly can't beat an offer like that. Good show.
                          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• spotter
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 6, 2008

THAT is the DR MEGO we all know and respect Good for you Paul the hobby is in good hands
                            Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Khan cracks......

QUOTE=ctc;233851]>Hadn't thought about restringing--I'll try it.

My figures see a lot of action, so I restring the Docbods. I usually do it along the lines of how a T1 body is strung. Fixes up any problems.

Don C.[/QUOTE]

Same here!!!....I've been using this same method for years. These pictures demonstrates some of the full articulation i get with the Doc's type 2 bodies: Notice how the arms are "Horizontally" positioned away from the torso with no problemo.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 6, '08, 9:16 AM.

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Hey Ivan---that's gotta be my favorite Trek Mego pic I've ever seen.
                                NIce!
                                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎