Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The old Diamond Select Retro figures....not as great out of the boxes...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]36186[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]36187[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]36188[/ATTACH]

I need to just order a custom head of Wolverine to redo these images (also I thought I went with the bigger Hulk?)
    I have some terrible pictures of my awesome yellow Wolverine. I made a mold of the orange Wolverine head and cast it in yellow and painted it. I painted some brown hands blue and made some fabric glove cuffs. He is really fantastic looking now. I also put him on a type-s body. I boxed him and didn't want to take him back out, so the pictures are not great.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

That Wolverine came out great! I understand the desire for removable cowls and whatnot, but this looks much better using the molded mask sculpt. I hate fabric glove cuff, but the length of your cuffs looks very good too. Usually they are too short or loose and don't have the appearance of gloves.
      Last edited by TRDouble; Sep 28, '23, 3:14 PM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        It was not ideal and it bugged me too, but thanks to social media, it became this ridiculous special episode of "Facts of Life." I just glued the thing down and got on with my life.

Out of all of those sets, I kept the Modern Spider-Man and Cap, and made a TON of fun customs out of the other parts. I liked those sets, warts and all.
        Couldn't have said it better. I liked those little books that came with them too

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Ok that custom Wolverine turned out great. I still need to go back and rework this complete lineup when I discover that 25th hour where you get to work on hobbies.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            Couldn't have said it better. I liked those little books that came with them too
            Its a shame they stopped including the books after the first wave...would love it if Punisher had come with one.
            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎