Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a repro Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE FALCON
    Career Member
    • Jan 2, 2011

Looking good.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 9, 2008

Looking good . Definitely like what I see . Cant wait because I def would like one.
      In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Sweet looking box
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• reevefan78
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 3, 2008

Latest In-progress shot of the "Aquashark" repro box 3.3.2011

This just in......another FIN-TASTIC update from Greg Jensen! This is gonna be one sweet repro set......can't wait!

More to follow......stay tuned!

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

do you have your info on the box by the Mego symbol? I know you have your own stamp on the shark itself.

Comment

• reevefan78
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 3, 2008

If we put anything on the box to denote it as a repro (although I would think it would be easy enough to tell since I've never seen or heard of anyone that had a mint box) but in case any of you collectors out there are worried I can have Greg put my info on the very bottom of the box to denote it as a repro......BUT I WILL NOT TAMPER WITH THE ORIGINAL MEGO LOGO OR ANY INFORMATION ON THE BOX......IT IS PERFECT AS IS AND I WANT IT TO BE A FAITHFUL REPRO BOX. So let me know guys if you want me to put "reevefan78 © 2011".

More to follow soon.....stay tuned!

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I would love for you to notate all your hard work on the box somewhere. Not only to differentiate the box from an original, but because you should have your mark on your work.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Someday I'd like to see a picture of a person holding the box.

I bet it's a lot bigger than most people (who've never seen one in real life) think
                  Last edited by Mikey; Mar 3, '11, 6:48 PM.

Comment

• reevefan78
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                    I would love for you to notate all your hard work on the box somewhere. Not only to differentiate the box from an original, but because you should have your mark on your work.
                    rche,

Yeah......we're definitely considering that......it's a good idea actually. Thanks for the suggestion.....I'll run it by my "cronies in crime" and see what they think. More to follow soon.....stay tuned.

Comment

• reevefan78
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey01
                      Someday I'd like to see a picture of a person holding the box.

I bet it's a lot bigger than most people (who've never seen one in real life) think
                      I'll see if I can get Geoffdude to help out with that....if not I'll get Greg to take a pic once he's got the box finished, constructed and assembled. More to follow soon.....stay tuned.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

could always photo one in front of a jar of mayonnaise if'n geoffdude is camera shy.

Comment

• reevefan78
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                          could always photo one in front of a jar of mayonnaise if'n geoffdude is camera shy.
                          "Mayonnaise"?........why not a can of Starkist Tuna (or any brand for that matter).......I would think "Aquashark" would go for a can of tuna over mayonnaise.....yes? LOL

Comment

• THE FALCON
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 2, 2011

Is it necessary for such a denote? Isn't this shark being offered with a remego Aquaman which would be obvious this piece is a repro?
                            Originally posted by reevefan78
                            If we put anything on the box to denote it as a repro (although I would think it would be easy enough to tell since I've never seen or heard of anyone that had a mint box) but in case any of you collectors out there are worried I can have Greg put my info on the very bottom of the box to denote it as a repro......BUT I WILL NOT TAMPER WITH THE ORIGINAL MEGO LOGO OR ANY INFORMATION ON THE BOX......IT IS PERFECT AS IS AND I WANT IT TO BE A FAITHFUL REPRO BOX. So let me know guys if you want me to put "reevefan78 © 2011".

More to follow soon.....stay tuned!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^^ Couldn't some nefarious scalper type just drop a real Mego Aquaman in there and attempt to pass it off as the real deal?
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

^^^ True, but with a flawless, minty, rich in color box? That should be enough of a warning
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎