Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a repro Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reevefan78
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Commander
    I am but our members are waiting for his mold maker. Sorry about that, reevefan78.
    Pat,

No it is I who should be sorry. I didn't mean to be rude to you......you didn't deserve that and I sincerely apologize. I have edited my previous response to you (see above). Things have been very hectic here lately and I've been a little stressed out. I'm just in need of a creative release - a day to paint or sculpt something that I enjoy in my studio. That always makes me feel better and helps me to relax. Please forgive me. Please know that we are doing our best to get this project done as quickly and as perfectly as we can manage in between our other projects. I will continue with regular updates when I have news to share on the progress we will be making on this repro shark. We just want everyone to be more than pleased with our efforts. Stay tuned......much, much more to follow.

Comment

• Mr Mego
      Love to play with Megos
      • Oct 19, 2003

You did the right thing all about this, I'm apologized. Of course, I forgive you.
      Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• reevefan78
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Commander
        You did the right thing all about this, I'm apologized. Of course, I forgive you.
        Thanks Pat! I'll be sure to update this thread as often as I can. Please continue to hang tight. Take care.

Comment

• reevefan78
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 3, 2008

This just in from my mold maker friend on the status of starting the "Aquashark" project:

"Am getting sooo close to starting Aqua. Just a little longer...
          Very exciting!"

This message was sent to me at 10:08 PM EST on Feb 9, 2011....won't be long now. Stay tuned folks!

K

Comment

• wilbs518
            Mego Collector
            • Jul 25, 2009

Thanks for the update.
            sigpic

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

reeve - you planning on attending mego meet?

Comment

• reevefan78
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by noelani72
                reeve - you planning on attending mego meet?
                Sure wish I could. I live in Georgia so it's a bit of a hike up to West Virginia (I think that's where the Mego Meet is held...right?) and I've got a busy schedule this Summer preparing for art competitions and art shows that will begin in the fall and continue through the 4th quarter in the year.

Hopefully someday I can make it up there though. I wish there was a mego meet held in Atlanta (only about 25 -30 minute drive from here....as I live in Marietta)....that'd be great and I know there are several well known Mego members that live here.....Chris Johnson DVM lives around here.....Roswell I think. He's a great guy....I purchased a boxed Denys Fisher Power Action Superman 13" figure from him several years ago and it is one of my prized possessions along with my "Aquashark".

I'd sure love to help start a chapter of the Mego Meet here if anyone else is interested....let me know...even if it starts out that we just get together, show off our collection and talk shop....always up for hangin' out with like minds who share the same passion for collecting our little "Mego buddies".

Anyway, I'm just thrilled to be a part of this forum and website and thanks to everyone who has helped make it what it is today. I hope all is well and I hope to meet you someday noelani72.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by reevefan78
                  Sure wish I could. I live in Georgia so it's a bit of a hike up to West Virginia (I think that's where the Mego Meet is held...right?) and I've got a busy schedule this Summer preparing for art competitions and art shows that will begin in the fall and continue through the 4th quarter in the year.

Hopefully someday I can make it up there though. I wish there was a mego meet held in Atlanta (only about 25 -30 minute drive from here....as I live in Marietta)....that'd be great and I know there are several well known Mego members that live here.....Chris Johnson DVM lives around here.....Roswell I think. He's a great guy....I purchased a boxed Denys Fisher Power Action Superman 13" figure from him several years ago and it is one of my prized possessions along with my "Aquashark".

I'd sure love to help start a chapter of the Mego Meet here if anyone else is interested....let me know...even if it starts out that we just get together, show off our collection and talk shop....always up for hangin' out with like minds who share the same passion for collecting our little "Mego buddies".

Anyway, I'm just thrilled to be a part of this forum and website and thanks to everyone who has helped make it what it is today. I hope all is well and I hope to meet you someday noelani72.
                  man i'm in Miami, if it was in Atlanta I'd head out there as well
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

You need to come reeve. I live in Bama and it's only a 14 hour drive for me. Well worth the effort. But I'd love to hook up with you and Chris and anyone else in ATL for something.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

totally bro. I drive 7 hours, course, I gotta plan months in advance with my boss and my budget though haha.
                      It is a good time; if ya can work it out - ya gotta go.

Comment

• reevefan78
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by ScottA
                        You need to come reeve. I live in Bama and it's only a 14 hour drive for me. Well worth the effort. But I'd love to hook up with you and Chris and anyone else in ATL for something.
                        Where in Alabama do you live? I'm in Marietta, just outside Atlanta on the north west side.
                        Last edited by reevefan78; Feb 10, '11, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

^ Montgomery. Only 3 hours away. My brother lives in ATL.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by reevefan78

I'd sure love to help start a chapter of the Mego Meet here if anyone else is interested....let me know...
                            There's always a bunch of mini Mego Meets throughout...we held a little mini one in Oakland, CA just last year...four of us met up...and was lots of fun.

You can easily set one up around your area as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

• reevefan78
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by ScottA
                              ^ Montgomery. Only 3 hours away. My brother lives in ATL.
                              We should meet up sometime. Do you have a nice collection of Megos? What's your favorite line, figures or sets?

I enjoy collecting the WGSH line, both 8" and 12.5" and I have some rare 12.5" figures MIB. I always strive to find mint figures in the most perfect display boxes or cards too. I've been collecting since I was about 3 or 4 but I only have some pieces left from when I was about 13 or so. Everything else I have has been acquired since my college days beginning with Toy Shop magazine.....the precusor to Ebay for collectors of vintage toys.

I just love the hunt for new megos to acquire.

So do you ever make trips to ATL?

BTW.....aren't you the guy that makes those amazing Mego WGSH playsets I've seen here on the forum?

Comment

• reevefan78
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                                There's always a bunch of mini Mego Meets throughout...we held a little mini one in Oakland, CA just last year...four of us met up...and was lots of fun.

You can easily set one up around your area as well.
                                Absolutely! I'll have to find some other mego enthusiasts who live near me so we can meet up and talk shop and see what we may have that someone else may need for their collection or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎