Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in a repro Aquaman vs The Great White Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reevefan78
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
    I think you should put Reevefan2010.
    Good suggestion. I'll run that by my mold maker friend and see what he thinks.

Sorry for the temporary downtime here folks....busy time for me (preparing for 2 art shows from now till February with the gallery that reps me) and my friend who's making the mold. But rest assured this project is still "a go" and will resume as planned shortly. Stay tuned.

P.S. Hope everyone here in the states has a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Comment

• MEMEGO
      Career Member
      • Sep 6, 2007

i would like one, if it is cost wise afordible, pls let me know when you have more details. thank you.

Comment

• reevefan78
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 3, 2008

Sorry for the lack of updates these days. This project is still very much "a go" just a little slow due to the holidays and the fact that money is a bit tight this month.....doesn't leave much room for purchasing mold making materials at the moment but that will change soon. Thanks in advance to everyone for hanging in there and being patient with me in the interim. More to follow in the near future.

Comment

• wilbs518
          Mego Collector
          • Jul 25, 2009

Thanks for the update.
          sigpic

Comment

• reevefan78
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 3, 2008

Hello fellow Mego Enthusiasts,

Just a note to let everyone know that the mold maker has the materials to make a silicone mold of my original Mego Great White Shark and he will be setting it up to mold just after the holidays. He will fix any melt marks (there are a few on my original) as well as remove the Mego Corp. logo and year of original production and replace it with a new logo and 2011 as the year of reproduction.

From this master copy he will create a new silicone mold for production of the repros. This way it will look as perfect as the originals (no more melt marks) along with identification that will clearly distinguish it as a repro so that no one will ever be able to pass it off as an original Mego product.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated. It may be a slow process but the payoff will be HUGE and we hope to pleasantly surprise Mego collectors of high quality repro Mego products. Stay tuned!

Comment

• josephcardone
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 10, 2010

Awesome!! Can't wait to see how he comes out! If you find yourself a bit low on cash maybe consider a Pre order payment

(Not too much because we are all having the same problem!!)

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by reevefan78
                Hello fellow Mego Enthusiasts,

Just a note to let everyone know that the mold maker has the materials to make a silicone mold of my original Mego Great White Shark and he will be setting it up to mold just after the holidays. He will fix any melt marks (there are a few on my original) as well as remove the Mego Corp. logo and year of original production and replace it with a new logo and 2011 as the year of reproduction.

From this master copy he will create a new silicone mold for production of the repros. This way it will look as perfect as the originals (no more melt marks) along with identification that will clearly distinguish it as a repro so that no one will ever be able to pass it off as an original Mego product.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated. It may be a slow process but the payoff will be HUGE and we hope to pleasantly surprise Mego collectors of high quality repro Mego products. Stay tuned!
                Hey that's great news, can't wait to see any new progress pics.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

That's so exciting...thanks for the updates!

Comment

• bp1701a
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 27, 2007

I would love one,, as long as it doesnt break the ban account,,,
                    I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Great news & thanks for the considerate updates--really looking forward to the success of this project!
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wilbs518
                        Mego Collector
                        • Jul 25, 2009

Awesome news!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Wise4671
                          Banned
                          • Aug 11, 2007

Sounds Great how much are these going to be when you have them ready?

Comment

• reevefan78
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Wise4671
                            Sounds Great how much are these going to be when you have them ready?
                            That is yet to be determined until we have a prototype with time and cost of materials factored in. Then we'll know what we're looking at as far as what it will cost to produce each one. We're not going to gouge anyone so we won't make them unobtainable. As a collector I don't mind paying a fair price for a great product and would expect that others would understand that too. By the same token we are not in the business of losing money either so we won't be able to give them away. I am sacrificing (possibly) my original just a little to have it molded, although the mold maker will reassemble mine once the initial mold is made. The original mego logo will be replaced by ours on the molded master so that no one will ever be able to pass one off as an original. From the molded master with the replaced new logo we will make yet another final master mold and the subsequent repro sharks. I will tell you that we plan on making the repros look as much like the originals as possible but the replaced logo mark will make it well known that these are indeed repros and NOT original Mego Great White Sharks.....as a serious Mego collector I am ADAMANT about this.

The mold maker will begin working his magic in the first few weeks of the new year just as soon as he finishes work on previously scheduled projects. More news to follow very soon. Thanks for following this thread. I am very excited about this project and cannot wait to post photos of the first mold making step once this project commences. Until then stay tuned!

Comment

• reevefan78
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by josephcardone
                              Awesome!! Can't wait to see how he comes out! If you find yourself a bit low on cash maybe consider a Pre order payment

(Not too much because we are all having the same problem!!)
                              Unfortunately things have a tendency to go awry at times and some times (and I can attest to this from personal experience) you just hit a brick wall in a project that hadn't been anticipated or expected. People get real funny sometimes (and understandably so when their money is involved) when things don't go as planned.....even when they are kept up to date on the status of the project. I have learned it is better to fund the project yourself whenever possible to avoid disappointing anyone who expects things to go smoothly with no bumps and bruises in the R&D department. So with that said although the idea is a good one.....in practice I think it is simply better for us to fund the project until we know we can produce the desired results and have a definite system in place for expected turn around times. Don't worry we are both committed to bringing fans of this Mego set the highest quality reproduction they will ever find available anywhere ever! Stay tuned.....there is soooooooo much more to come!

Comment

• Wise4671
                                Banned
                                • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by reevefan78
                                That is yet to be determined until we have a prototype with time and cost of materials factored in. Then we'll know what we're looking at as far as what it will cost to produce each one. We're not going to gouge anyone so we won't make them unobtainable. As a collector I don't mind paying a fair price for a great product and would expect that others would understand that too. By the same token we are not in the business of losing money either so we won't be able to give them away. I am sacrificing (possibly) my original just a little to have it molded, although the mold maker will reassemble mine once the initial mold is made. The original mego logo will be replaced by ours on the molded master so that no one will ever be able to pass one off as an original. From the molded master with the replaced new logo we will make yet another final master mold and the subsequent repro sharks. I will tell you that we plan on making the repros look as much like the originals as possible but the replaced logo mark will make it well known that these are indeed repros and NOT original Mego Great White Sharks.....as a serious Mego collector I am ADAMANT about this.

The mold maker will begin working his magic in the first few weeks of the new year just as soon as he finishes work on previously scheduled projects. More news to follow very soon. Thanks for following this thread. I am very excited about this project and cannot wait to post photos of the first mold making step once this project commences. Until then stay tuned!
                                Sounds Great and Thank You for keeping us all up to date. I can't wait to add one of these to my collection.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎