X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by Neutron X
    Mr Action is cool. There is a nice Mr. Action Double Action figure that is super posable like a MEGO but is hard to find. Mr Action has some cool vehicles and play sets that fit in great with Gijoe. Congrats on find.
    Theres a super posable on ebay now
    heres the list number#370190518852
    heres a loose standard figure#300312521327
    Last edited by AAAAA; May 7, '09, 2:11 PM.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Nice figure, too pricey for me. I used to see them in $40-75 range MIP. I should have said: Mr. Action Double Action is hard to find in USA easier to find in Germany and France. The Mr Action article by Ed Tucker is good.

The prices of toy uniforms always amazed me in the 1970s you could buy 3-4 Mr Action uniforms for the price of 1 Gijoe set.

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by Neutron X
        Nice figure, too pricey for me. I used to see them in $40-75 range MIP. I should have said: Mr. Action Double Action is hard to find in USA easier to find in Germany and France. The Mr Action article by Ed Tucker is good.

The prices of toy uniforms always amazed me in the 1970s you could buy 3-4 Mr Action uniforms for the price of 1 Gijoe set.
        and you got a lot of equipment plus on the big sets a headquaters envoriment.

Comment

• gman
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 4, 2002

I actually have the Jungle Station MIB and have considered having it resized to mego scale..... Mr Action and Fighting Yank are on my list of to be shrunk heads..... I have never seen a bearded Mr. Action...... I plan on putting mine on a LJN body so I can keep with the orangey skin tone look.....
          Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• AAAAA
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by gman
            I actually have the Jungle Station MIB and have considered having it resized to mego scale..... Mr Action and Fighting Yank are on my list of to be shrunk heads..... I have never seen a bearded Mr. Action...... I plan on putting mine on a LJN body so I can keep with the orangey skin tone look.....
            Cast-A-way toys did it with mine they were able to mego scale copy of the jungle Post, it looked really good! Did not loose any detail.
            They wanted to see if it was possible to do it.
            If any you guys want to manufactures a playset enviroment, its the LJN syle is the cheaspest route.

Comment

• buzz.mooney
              • Mar 16, 2009

Wow! No matter where I go to read/post about vintage knock-off, Joe90 is always there ahead of me! Joe, I've done the same thing, putting KO heads on Timelss, Cots, Gearbox, or ERTL bodies. About a year ago, I bid on some KOs, including a type-2 Fighting Yank and a Mintex guy with a copy of a Tommy Gunn head, He didn't know what the figures were, so with my bid, I gave him the background. To show his appreciation, he included the ramains of another figure he couldn't identify: a Galoob Man from UNCLE Ilya Kuryakin, whose body had become so brittle, it couldn't hold the head, anymore. I put the head on a Timeless body, and he's now sporting a Mego Joe Namath jacket and a tan porkpie hat (Civilian, not naval. Think SInatra) with a molded-in tape recorder inside the top. Now I just have to find out where that hat came from! I also now have two Mr. Action vehicles; The ATV and the Mobile Training Base. Neither is complete, but they're terrific artifacts of the era of Vintage Joe and his imitators.

Comment

• ubermanx
                Career Member
                • Jul 3, 2013

Old post revival time ...

I found this Mister Action at a local antiques mall (not my photo but almost identical in condition).

album2766.jpg

Also came with a small bag with card stapled on top with "Accessories" like a canteen, helmet, boots but no clothes.

- Marty

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 18, 2015

I see they come dressed only in shorts, like some late issue muscle body Joes.
                  The hands that grip.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎