Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else obsessively checking Big Lots?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmass
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 19, 2006

I had a good experience in St. Louis today with Big Lots. Stopped at the one in Webster Groves I believe. They didn't have any but the employees there were super nice. I showed one CrimsonGhost's photograph of the bar codes and SKU's. She checked and advised me that the Big Lots in Fenton and the one in Fairview Heights Illinois both showed in the computer to have them in stock. Went to the one in Fenton where another nice manager knew what I was talking about. Said that he'd been asked about them before but couldn't find them. Oddly enough they were in a small storage room/office at the front of the store. I followed him in there and picked out what I wanted. I can confirm that as of today around 1:30 there were some in the Fenton store. I don't know about Granite City. They recommended calling before driving there just to make sure that they are in stock. Please call before you head out. I don't want a bunch of gasoline invoices from folks saying they drove to Big Lots based on this post and the stores were sold out. (Consider this my official disclaimer) Happy hunting! Hope this gives others hope that they can be found.
    Last edited by Jmass; Dec 5, '23, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Does anybody know if the Big Lots that have sold out of the Megos, are they going to get another wave or are not?

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Today the Big Lots in Aloha, Oregon had Batman and Joker.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

Had anyone seen these in the Southeast U.S.?

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

I’m getting so frustrated trying to find these.
            I’ve hit my 2 local Big Lots multiple times with no luck. The manager at one told me Saturday that a location about 100 miles away had 9 - great, I thought, an entire case.
            Called them and they couldn’t locate them, but as my wife would be going thru the area Monday, she decided to check in person.
            Again, they confirmed 9 in stock, but could not find them.
            *sigh*

Comment

• Jmass
              Museum Patron
              • Jan 19, 2006

I know nothing of Big Lots inventory practices nor what their back storage areas look like, but after seeing the white box that holds a case of 9 I can tell you that it’s very small. If they are shipped in that box or a slightly bigger box I can see how they could be difficult to locate. Think small briefcase.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

They have a coupon that you get $10 off when you spend $40. It expires on the 17th.

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

IMG_1247.jpgFinally, after numerous stops at various Big Lots, I stopped in a store while in the Cincinnati area and:

Comment

• Jmass
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 19, 2006

Congrats!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

I found Superman, Batman, and Robin at the Big Lots in Hoover, AL—no Joker though.

Though the variations are minimal, these figures are very effective, Superman in particular. Distribution issues notwithstanding, I would love to see another dedicated wave of variants.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Why do we have to Jump hoops and barrels to find these figures. Why can't we buy them online from an easy vendor who's stocked with these.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                          Why do we have to Jump hoops and barrels to find these figures. Why can't we buy them online from an easy vendor who's stocked with these.
                          Anyone know if this is a "formal" exclusive, meaning something that can't be offered elsewhere at a later date?

I'm not at all angry or anything, but this is proving to be difficult to find so far. I really like the concept. Would like a friction-free method of acquiring stuff like this. If a second run is possible, maybe they could tweak the details they didn't have time for in order to meet the deadline.

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I hate wasting time and gas looking for Megos when I can get them online . Big Lots has really bad toy sections in my area so I hope they don't try this with Marvels Megos next year.
                            The Big lots thing has me re thinking contiuing collecting these

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I finally got lucky last week, about a week or so after I gave up and bought Superman and Robin from Tammy's Toy Box, which felt reasonably priced. Walmart Canada will have these delayed indefinitely, so I just got the two I really wanted.

One one last search, I knew I missed them at one Big Lots because they had the Mego Minix on the shelf (that no one is talking about... Wednesdays are pretty neat looking!). I hit another one which I do not think is getting them, which led me to another one when had a lone Superman that I picked up. I decided to try one last Big Lots and jackpot! Full case. I bought two Robins and Two Batmans and used two $10 off when you spend $40 coupons (with a couple of candy bars to get the total over $40) to get them for $15 each. I thought about the Joker, but I haven't even opened my regular version and the purple hands are just eh. And I didn't need a third Superman.

So, happy to have finally found these in the store, but it's luck of the draw. If I didn't find them that day, there is a good chance I would have never found them. Hoping another collector found the remaining ones (a set minus Robin).

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

I finally got lucky last week, about a week or so after I gave up and bought Superman and Robin from Tammy's Toy Box, which felt reasonably priced. Walmart Canada will have these delayed indefinitely, so I just got the two I really wanted.

One one last search, I knew I missed them at one Big Lots because they had the Mego Minix on the shelf (that no one is talking about... Wednesdays are pretty neat looking!). I hit another one which I do not think is getting them, which led me to another one when had a lone Superman that I picked up. I decided to try one last Big Lots and jackpot! Full case. I bought two Robins and Two Batmans and used two $10 off when you spend $40 coupons (with a couple of candy bars to get the total over $40) to get them for $15 each. I thought about the Joker, but I haven't even opened my regular version and the purple hands are just eh. And I didn't need a third Superman.

So, happy to have finally found these in the store, but it's luck of the draw. If I didn't find them that day, there is a good chance I would have never found them. Hoping another collector found the remaining ones (a set minus Robin).​

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎