Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else obsessively checking Big Lots?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Anybody else obsessively checking Big Lots?

I only want Superman, but I have been checking every two or three days since the wave was announced.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I started last week on my day off/weekly comic toy hunts.I'll look again tomorrow.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Haven’t been by either of the two near me yet. By near I mean within ten miles. In heavily trafficked areas. Like across from the Reliant Stadium.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by powersthatbe
        I started last week on my day off/weekly comic toy hunts.I'll look again tomorrow.
        Is there one in South Hills area?
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• rayray
          • May 21, 2013

Kinda, yeah!

Originally posted by B-Lister
          I only want Superman, but I have been checking every two or three days since the wave was announced.
          I've been, er, semi-obsessive: I'll be far from any Big Lots when they are rumoured to be released (mid September?), so I'm hoping to snag the Batman and Supes by popping in every time I pass a local store. We have two nearby, and I live close to one.
          R

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Canada has confirmed September 20th, I don't know if that jives with the US but I got that right from the distributor.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

No. Not really. Maybe a little! I have stopped at more Big Lots recently than I have in a long time. Some of it was looking for outside fall decorations, and another time was because I had to waste time and one store was close. At this point, if it's in the area, I may stop. Otherwise, I will wait for a sighting before I really go crazy.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

Washington Pa. Also will be checking in Bridgeville and West Mifflin.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

I passed by the one near my job today since I came in early for overtime and it was open. No joy as they say

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

I'll be checking there, but I thought they weren't supposed to hit the shelves until sometime in September?

Comment

• puckace
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Feb 5, 2009

Nope. I'll think about it when someone actually posts about finding something there. It's out of the way and I really have no reason to shop there.

Comment

• burnside986
                        • Nov 26, 2022

Checked one yesterday and no luck yet. But my BLs are always dumpster fires anyway so I dont have much hope.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

Big Lots are kind of designed to be dumpster fires. Mostly they exist to get rid of overstock crap. Hence the name. Big Lots. As in lots that were purchased at discount and intended to be disposed of as quickly as possible.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I don't like having to go to a Big Lots type store to find exclusives, the same way having to go to Walgreens for Marvel Legends. :/

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

While I agree with you, I don't really mind exclusives.

Toys R Us and Kay Bee's departure left a barren landscape for collectors.

I hate buying online except when I absolutely must. So I really don't care who decides to pick up an exclusive, especially if it's a toy I really like.

Meijer was tough, simply because my closest one is in Columbus, but luckily I wasn't interested in any of thise exclusives.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎