Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

So, I placed an order on walmart.ca last night for 1 of the variant Batman and Robin and two of Superman, supposedly they're scheduled to arrived on August 16th (!). Today, I went back to think about ordering a second B & R, and all three figures are now marked 'unavailable'. I wonder if the listings were posted too soon or whether there was a very limited quantity initially. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Originally posted by TRDouble
    I wonder why Robin has real hands and Batman still has oven mitts. The Robin tunic is a nice improvement on the carded Robin release, that has sleeves that were way too short. If only the greens matched up with the carded Robin's shorts, then I would do a costume swap.
    Paul Clarke addresses this in the Mego Meet video stream from this past weekend. Apparently the window to make this deal happen was very tight, so there wasn't time to source out the proper material or colours for the hands and cuffs to upgrade Batman from the mitts.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by rodkeith
      So, I placed an order on walmart.ca last night for 1 of the variant Batman and Robin and two of Superman, supposedly they're scheduled to arrived on August 16th (!). Today, I went back to think about ordering a second B & R, and all three figures are now marked 'unavailable'. I wonder if the listings were posted too soon or whether there was a very limited quantity initially. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Paul Clarke addresses this in the Mego Meet video stream from this past weekend. Apparently the window to make this deal happen was very tight, so there wasn't time to source out the proper material or colours for the hands and cuffs to upgrade Batman from the mitts.
      Thanks for the info on The Batman!

Disappointed that they are unavailable on walmart.ca. I was hoping to order a set and pick them up in-store, but they would not arrive until next week and I am not available to pick them up that week. Maybe they will show up again, or be in the US Big Lots by then.

Comment

• thatblockoguy
        • Mar 24, 2010

I placed my order yesterday too with the same arrival date. Guess we’ll see if they actually ship. I was also concerned that they’d just be stocking the original releases on line but using the incorrect pictures. Hopefully it all works out for us

Comment

• Ah-Mego
          • Jun 3, 2019

I'm really excited about this line. I love Firestorm the most.

Comment

• rodkeith
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by thatblockoguy
            I placed my order yesterday too with the same arrival date. Guess we’ll see if they actually ship. I was also concerned that they’d just be stocking the original releases on line but using the incorrect pictures. Hopefully it all works out for us
            Well, my Walmart.ca order for the variants was cancelled today, since the items are 'out of stock'. So I guess we will be waiting after all. But still thrilled that they'll apparently available in Canada.

Comment

• thatblockoguy
              • Mar 24, 2010

Well, my Walmart.ca order for the variants was cancelled today, since the items are 'out of stock'. So I guess we will be waiting after all. But still thrilled that they'll apparently available in Canada.
              Same here

Comment

• rodkeith
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 16, 2008

Superman, Batman and Robin variants are back up on Walmart.ca (Canada) available to order for September 20th. Here's the link to Supes:

Comment

• drogge
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

Superman, Batman and Robin variants are back up on Walmart.ca (Canada) available to order for September 20th. Here's the link to Supes:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mego-8-.../6000206947763
                  Do they ship to the US?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

walmart is so unreliable when it comes to pre-orders. I have three big lots i have access to so start looking around.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I pre-ordered Superman, Batman and Robin from Walmart.ca. They are available September 19, ships September 20, but will not be ready for store pickup until October 3. Weird, but maybe I will find them at Big Lots in the USA first and save myself a trip over the boarder.

Comment

• hizzy
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 1, 2023

I like the new Firestorm box!!!

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                          Museum Patron
                          • Aug 23, 2019

Someone on eBay is selling the reveals using the slideshow images. Apparently has multiples by 12/23.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎