Facebook negativity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkbros
    replied
    Bah! they're toys...mindless fluff we buy to give ourselves a sense of being and joy in an often cruel sad world.
    I don't get hung up on it...I buy what I like, Customize it if I think I can make it better, or pass if it's not my cup of tea.
    So just enjoy the ride.

PS. If 10,000 people buy all the Draculas and AJs and the rest warm the peg, best believe Target's corporate buyers will pass the message along, no need to complain.

Leave a comment:

• VintageMike
    replied
    Unfortunately, I see the same thing with wrestling (which I am a big fan of) these days. Entitlement. People who complain because It's not what they themself want. Do I like every figure no? Nope. Is anyone pointing a gun at my head to buy them? Also nope. So I buy the ones I like and leave it at that. It's also a first run of new product so there are bound to be issues. I also think we were blessed as kids with the original Mego. Now if something doesn't live up to that, there's always complaints. Not much will because we are no longer kids and as much as Mego brings out the child in us everything gets processed/analyzed through adult minds.

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    We are all guilty of being a bit hung up on licensing and character wishlists, myself included.

I think it’s important to remember that some of the most beloved toy lines in history were original creations and not licensed characters. Again, I’m verging on wishlist agenda, I admit, but I think a lot of negativity could be turned around if Mego were to offer some new original characters and concepts.

Leave a comment:

• The Bat
    replied
    Originally posted by MIB41
    I think there IS a time and place to point out potential problems (tactfully) for the sake of the hobby. One does not get to the collector realm without some degree of passion, especially if it's linked to our childhoods. But if no one can have that dialogue without someone grading it's merits for being either too negative or too positive, then we don't have a conversation that benefits anyone. Like anything, it's how you say it. But even saying it well will not remove the connotation nor the attitudes of people who simply want a one-note commentary track.
    Ever the voice of reason...well said!

Leave a comment:

• MIB41
    replied
    I think there IS a time and place to point out potential problems (tactfully) for the sake of the hobby. One does not get to the collector realm without some degree of passion, especially if it's linked to our childhoods. But if no one can have that dialogue without someone grading it's merits for being either too negative or too positive, then we don't have a conversation that benefits anyone. Like anything, it's how you say it. But even saying it well will not remove the connotation nor the attitudes of people who simply want a one-note commentary track.

Leave a comment:

• pickermall
    replied
    Originally posted by Mary Canary
    ^ I think it would be cool to see some accessories, vehicles, or playsets once they get going. The monsters and Trek are perfect for this, but wouldn't it be fun to get a blue and white Mustang with exclusive Farrah figure?
    I would LOVE to see a Lost In Space set (classic... not the movie or the Netflix drivel)... with Jupiter 2 and Chariot...

Leave a comment:

• Mary Canary
    replied
    ^ I think it would be cool to see some accessories, vehicles, or playsets once they get going. The monsters and Trek are perfect for this, but wouldn't it be fun to get a blue and white Mustang with exclusive Farrah figure?

Leave a comment:

• ZMOQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedji
    Just gotta remember, these are $15 dolls. I think they are an incredible bargain. There is so much range in offerings, I feel like there's something for everyone, of all age groups. I freed Action Jackson from his card today, and am completely impressed by the heft, quality of build, poseability. He feels sturdier than any of my vintage megos.

I'm sure Marty and Co. know what they get right and what needs improvement as soon as they get the toys from the factory, even without customer feedback. Doc Mego probably is the best barometer Mego Corp. could ask for. I have no doubt they are able to identify hits and misses without facebook.

We have MEGO on the shelves, at real stores, at great prices. It's pretty unbelievable. I buy the ones I like, and am quite happy. I hope Action Jackson sells through really well, because I'd love to see more of that kind of non-licensed toy from them. He's a home run.
    Would LOVE to see the return of Action Jackson clothing and accessory packs! He comes with a pistol, but nowhere to put it! Remember that rubber shoulder holster that came with one of the packs? Need more!

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGhost
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    Heh, yeah the punctuation but also this pattern:

I love that mego is back BUT (long rambling insult) and you should (stupid licensing ideas).
    Yeah. I like "It's stupid that Mego is doing (current Mego license)! They should do (worse license idea)."

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    We have one newer member here whose punctuation is all over the map and I don't know what he means half the time. I don't mean to be snobbish (okay, maybe a little), but it triggers my proofreading training.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Heh, yeah the punctuation but also this pattern:

I love that mego is back BUT (long rambling insult) and you should (stupid licensing ideas).

Leave a comment:

• Mary Canary
    replied
    Do you know what drives me nuts? The negative ranting with no proper punctuation. If you have legit gripes, fine. If you have suggestions for improvements or a wish list, fine. But if all you're going to do is ramble without using any periods, you'll have a harder time swaying the Powers That Be. At least, that's my opinion. Also all of the people stating Mego isn't selling or Marty Abrams is a couple years too late to the party. Do these people have actual sales numbers? How do they know product hasn't been replenished in between their visits to Target? And are Mego figures selling any slower than other toy lines? It's like some people have made up their minds the new Mego is a failure without any facts and without showing any support for the figures they do like! It's annoying. I hope waves 2 and 3 knock their socks off!

Leave a comment:

• J.B.
    replied
    Hey Kirk, put your phaser away. We get it.

Leave a comment:

• Capt_Kirk
    replied
    For we Markie fans...
    b821e7d78b331351cbec3f62ac8e7d39.jpg
    markie.jpg
    Markie-Post-8x10-to-24x36-Photo-Poster-Canvas.jpg
    markie post nice.jpg
    Markie_Post.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mego Newbie14
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
    I would love to have Night Court figures. Christine was SO HOT!
    Ah yes Markie Post

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎