Facebook negativity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingkongsy
    replied
    Well, the Jem movie was just a cheap cash grab made by folks who had zero understand about the subject matter.
    it has nothing to do with being perfect because it was about lazy Hollywood making a fast buck. When people do money for quick cash grabs you will end up with Jem or that tacky Ghostbusters disaster movie

Leave a comment:

• Mary Canary
    replied
    ^ "embrace this moment while we have it"

Yes. I remember when the Jem movie came out and all of these people were hating on it before it ever reached theaters. Meanwhile, I'm standing in Dundas Square (Toronto's version of Time Square) watching a Jem movie trailer on repeat on a giant screen and thinking "Let me just take this in, let me remember being 10 years old..." 'Cause I never thought something like this would happen, yknow? Was it the perfect Jem movie? No. But nothing is perfect, and I'll always have that memory of that moment of excitement. And the memory of the new Mego endcap at Target. These are crazy exciting times for Mego fans, but instead of just taking in the moment for what it is, people are complaining about "what it isn't."

Leave a comment:

• MIB41
    replied
    Originally posted by kingkongsy
    Some of these folks just don't want anyone to have any opinion nor thoughts at all and pretend that all is great.
    I think you just have to understand that your opinion is your own. Whether someone else agrees or not shouldn't matter as long as you're comfortable with it. There's no point in debating observations that are all subjective in nature. I have loads of FTC figures and I REALLY like them. I also have waaaaaay too many Megos and vintage toy lines. But do I only share time and space in my life with people who like these things? Not remotely. Ask my wife for starters.

But it doesn't mean I can't stand in the same space and not respect them. These are toys. I have good friends who have nothing to do with any of this stuff. I have others that are in the hobby, but we don't always agree on everything. It's no big deal. There's a bigger world out there than just this. Quit worrying about which figure sells best or worst or whether your opinion has been heard. Ultimately that's Target, Paul, and Marty's job. Enjoy the ones you like and embrace this moment while we have it. Block out the static and focus on those things you like.

Leave a comment:

• EmergencyIan
    replied
    Originally posted by hedrap
    I see your point, but isn't this the blowback for redoing original Mego's? Replicas are quicksand.
    Maybe so, when dealing with rational people. This isn’t that situation. You can reason with me and I can reason with you. This is not the case with many, many of them. Additionally, my example with Richie, was just one scenario of any that you could imagine or never make up, in that group.

- Ian

Leave a comment:

• hedrap
    replied
    Originally posted by EmergencyIan
    Also, at this point, I find that it’s not worth trying to correct people by saying “it’s a straight repro...this is what the original Mego Richie looked like,” for example. Though, Kevin is giving setting them straight his best shot! These people don’t care. It’s all lost on them. They’re in this for reasons beyond reasonable and rational comprehension.

- Ian
    I see your point, but isn't this the blowback for redoing original Mego's? Replicas are quicksand.

Leave a comment:

• EmergencyIan
    replied
    Also, at this point, I find that it’s not worth trying to correct people by saying “it’s a straight repro...this is what the original Mego Richie looked like,” for example. Though, Kevin is giving setting them straight his best shot! These people don’t care. It’s all lost on them. They’re in this for reasons beyond reasonable and rational comprehension.

- Ian

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonGhost
    replied
    If you used any swear words in the thread, that may be what got it removed. There's plenty of complaining that has been left up on the ambassador page.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    I can only speak for my own moderation style, and I don't know the situation, so i can't comment. You left his page, as was your right.

If you vote by not buying, you're not dropping any cash and that speaks louder than criticism.

Leave a comment:

• kingkongsy
    replied
    Some of these folks just don't want anyone to have any opinion nor thoughts at all and pretend that all is great.

Leave a comment:

• kingkongsy
    replied
    There's a BIG difference between being AWFUL and CENSORSHIP! Like everyone else I am glad that MEGO has returned however, there ARE issues with a few things ranging from quality to Target's way of doing business to CENSORSHIP! I recently left a Facebook page because I criticized the wave 2 Kelly Bundy and Facts of Life Jo figures. I stated that Kelly Bundy's face sculpt did not look anything like Christina Applegate and the Jo figure has the WRONG hair color which is pretty obvious as others pointed out. The moderator went and told me that we could NOT say anything negative at all, so pretty much CENSORSHIP reigns supreme on his page. I mentioned that WE pay tons of money on this line and others and YES, we are entitled to an opinion when WE are dropping our hard earned cash. Yes, there IS a difference between trashing or being mean and critical regarding quality that is obvious to the consumer. I recall ALL the negative feedback towards FTC as a company and their product quality. I still purchased some stuff but knew I had to fix some of the figures myself if I wanted to own certain figures. Heck, I have to fix Ace Frehley's hair on the Dynasty KISS sets. Im NOT into the wave 2 Full House boxset and know this one is going to be lowest selling figures of the entire line. Im sure someone will like t enough to maybe buy it but I hope that Mego didn't make many however, anyone can buy whatever they want. We have to understand that some lines are not going to be big sellers, Im a BIG Facts of Life fan but don't think I will be buying that line but know that the Jo figure has the WRONG hair color, I have been watching that show since 1979. I never watched Cheers in the 80s but I know it has a huge fanbase due to its ratings and some will buy those figures. I just don't know what all this crazy CENSORSHIP is all about and why it ONLY applies to Mego?
    Last edited by kingkongsy; Sep 12, '18, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Brue
    WHAT!!!????? Hour upon hour of Alyssa Milano and Co. with decent story.
    You will start watcing now.
    You're talking to a guy with a poster of Shannon Doherty in his garage but I don't like stuff with magic in it...

Leave a comment:

• Brue
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    I've never watched Charmed

WHAT!!!????? Hour upon hour of Alyssa Milano and Co. with decent story.
    You will start watcing now.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mary Canary
    Exactly this. I think Mego is doing a good job of reviving/reissuing earlier figures like Happy Days and Star Trek, because people will remember them and remember having one as a kid. And also adding a mix of other licenses, which were partly chosen by Target anyway. They seem to be casting a wide net to reintroduce themselves, with room to grow going forward. No one is entitled to anything from them. Don't like it, don't buy it. But just maybe if you wish real hard, your favorite franchise or character could be next!
    Exactly.

I'm completely stymied by some of the responses. I've never watched Charmed, so I don't feel the need to purchase the figure, I find that effortless.

it excites me when people i've never heard of start tweeting at the Museum about Charmed figures, welcome new Mego heads.

Leave a comment:

• Brown Bear
    replied
    My patience for drama has dissipated with age, especially as it relates to toys. I do a lot of ignoring these days and sometimes block certain idiots who cross the line.
    It amazes me how hard it is for people on Facebook to disagree with something and lack the ability to keep scrolling past it without a comment.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedji
    So sad that the return of your favorite toy company should be stressful in any way.
    At least it's not them though, they've all been incredible, positive and very supportive.

I also don't have any expectations of them to do anything, the Ambassadors group is their party and they have every right to run it the way they want, so there is no friction there either.

Personally, I just need a detox from social media in general.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎