Facebook negativity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remco Monster
    replied
    I’m with Austin on this one, the people that blindly praise and kiss butt are just as bad. Though some people do take it too far and get too mean in their criticisms, but you just have to ignore the extremists as much as possible. There are good things and bad things about the new Mego figures and I am confident that improvements will happen as more waves are released, and all in all, I think the good far outweighs the bad.

I think for the post part, people are pretty excited and happy Mego are back. I know I am.
    Last edited by Remco Monster; Aug 11, '18, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• megowgsh
    replied
    Personally, as a business owner, I would want to hear all criticisms regardless of tone. It is very important to know where consumers stand on my service or product no matter how cruel (OR how kind) their opinions are.

The New Mego needs to know where people stand on the new subject matter; the new scale; the new packaging; etc.

This is also NOT their first rodeo people. They have all been through this before. They are "big boys" and know how to sift through the shhhhh!t (AND the sycophants) to find the true, meaningful, and constructive criticism they need in order to better their product AND their brand.

I am certain that somebody else here could just as easily start a thread entitled: FACEBOOK POSITIVITY and carry on about disgusted they are at those who are lined up to worship at the temple of Marty Abrams and how even if he was putting out human feces on a card they'd still buy it.

Let the people have their say, no matter how much you do not like it.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    I don't do facebook but always wondered what's its appeal ?

You can post pictures and commentary ?... you can do that here

Leave a comment:

• Mego Newbie14
    replied
    I’m not on Facebook but the reaction I’ve seen on other websites is crazy. If your not into Mego that’s fine but to talk crap and question who wants it is ridiculous. My username says it all. I’m new to the world of Mego and I love it! Bought the I Dream of Jeannie two pack today and that wraps up all the 8 inch figures. I’ve had more fun and felt more kid like getting these then I have with Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black or WWE Elites. These are FUN! And I can’t wait for the rest of the waves this year and to see what Mr. Abrams and Doc have up their sleeves for next year and the years after. Sorry for the rant.

Leave a comment:

• comicmike
    replied
    Originally posted by scott metzger
    Only issue with the male body is the left hip jutting out, but the pants aren't tight enough to make it really noticeable. Joints are solid and they don't have the hip posing problems of the FTC figures. They are nice and solid; kids could play with them easily...So overall, only a couple issues that are outweighed by the good points.
    With an exacto blade on a new 8" male Mego pelvis (after removing a shoulder elastic) I trimmed the front left hip to match the look of the right one. I used a sanding stick to smooth it along the entire inside hip opening. It probably only took me 5-10 minutes: It was a quick fix.
    Last edited by comicmike; Aug 10, '18, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scott metzger
    replied
    Originally posted by tjacwave50
    I wouldn't think the Trek figures would have ankle issues since its boot legs and not feet.

For those who have the new Trek figures, are there any issues with them? just curious.
    Only issue with the male body is the left hip jutting out, but the pants aren't tight enough to make it really noticeable. Joints are solid and they don't have the hip posing problems of the FTC figures. They are nice and solid; kids could play with them easily. The collars are a bit problematic and can stick up, but I think a small dab from a glue stick can fix that. The material is good quality. So overall, only a couple issues that are outweighed by the good points.

Leave a comment:

• TrekStar
    replied
    Originally posted by SWCWorld
    I have the new Mego Sulu and Chekov; no problems that I can see. Both are well-made. Some have complained about the top of Chekov's collar rolling up some, but I really had no problem with that. Joints are fine; everything seems to be very well made.
    Sounds good and thank you for the information, if I can grab these at some point I'll feel more confident about
    getting them.

Leave a comment:

• SWCWorld
    replied
    I wouldn't think the Trek figures would have ankle issues since its boot legs and not feet.

For those who have the new Trek figures, are there any issues with them? just curious.

If we're talking tv classics, I would really like to see a set of Seinfeld and M*A*S*H* Mego's,
    I think they would sell better than Facts of Life. Jmo
    I have the new Mego Sulu and Chekov; no problems that I can see. Both are well-made. Some have complained about the top of Chekov's collar rolling up some, but I really had no problem with that. Joints are fine; everything seems to be very well made.

Leave a comment:

• spockoda
    replied

If we're talking tv classics, I would really like to see a set of Seinfeld and M*A*S*H* Mego's,
    There probably were some better choices but like someone pointed out there are some reboots of some of these shows in the works.

Leave a comment:

• spockoda
    replied
    Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
    Spockoda, thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who would like Night Court made.
    Not a problem, I have been a Night Court fan since it first came on. A lot of good memories from all those zinger lines from that show! Mind if I smoke?

Leave a comment:

• TrekStar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mego Newbie14
    replied
    Spockoda, thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who would like Night Court made.

Leave a comment:

• spockoda
    replied
    Originally posted by kerowack
    Come on. The negativity has been VERY respectful and the discussions well thought out. The problem is A LOT of people feel the same way. My biggest complaint is now the ankles on these things. All of mine are loose. It's out of control.
    Loose ankle joints, you say? I REALLY need to open the new Megos I have as this has me wondering now.

Leave a comment:

• spockoda
    replied
    There's a fine line between the "everybody has a right to their opinion" idea and getting disrespectful. Do I like Star Wars? Yes. Do I like DISNEY Star Wars? Not so much. Do I like Cheers? I used to be quite a fan when it was on but I don't watch it in reruns and I don't seek out the seasons on dvd or anything so I passed on the Norm figure. I think it's great they made it though and I realize there are some shows out there I would buy figures from that others perhaps wouldn't(Night Court, anyone?). The Cheers and Facts Of Life type of stuff was being done by the Classic TV Toys outfit so the idea of these being made shouldn't be a shock to anyone. I think it's great Mego has come back even though I seriously doubt I will buy EVERY new Mego that comes out.

Leave a comment:

• kerowack
    replied
    Come on. The negativity has been VERY respectful and the discussions well thought out. The problem is A LOT of people feel the same way. My biggest complaint is now the ankles on these things. All of mine are loose. It's out of control.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎