X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by spockoda
    Thanks, after I posted this I started reading some posts in this thread and according to some he was on the site but disappeared but I'll keep looking I guess. At least I didn't commit to buying a Sulu on ebay until I checked the Target site one more time.

Dracula was there for a while yesterday morning, as I was able to order one. The only thing I haven't seen online are the two two-packs, Trek and Jeannie.

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by wise guy
      There are a lot more new Mego items on Ebay this morning with high prices.
      The release date of 7-29 thing didn't help but I guess scalpers are customers to Mego as long as things fly off the shelf . I have really good luck at Target when a new video game is
      released on a certain date. This whole Mego thing has me thankful that Figures Toys
      isn't at Target
      No actually "Scalpers" are customers of Target & Target's website.

I hate to break it to people buuuut. There have always been exclusives in toys forever.....thsi is not a new Phenomenon all the way back to the 60's and 70's there were exclusives. Sorry you do not approve of the practice but the stores WANT exclusives because they hope you buy more OTHER things than just your toys. And with Toys R us gone....i bet you anything there will be 3-5 times the amount of exclusives than there has ever been. There will always be "scalpers" do you want to know why......because PEOPLE BUY FROM THEM.....as a collecting community if every collector out there said "I will not buy from a scalper then there would not be any. But because even just one person buys from them......they will always exist.

Marty and Target COULD have Lawyers yank the Auctions (its been done in clothing and Cosmetics that are exclusive) but they will find a work around also that would be very questionable so in stead of complaining just wait they will be more available in the future....you may not get a limited 10K version but you will get one eventually .
      Last edited by tmthor; Jul 31, '18, 8:34 AM.

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

My story:

I'm in Canada. We don't even have Target here.
        I had friends and family looking all over southern Illinois and New York City last week and on Sunday, with no luck.
        I felt this was going to be a "this is the official release date, but things will trickle out as stores receive and stock them" situation.
        But when I read here that the products went live overnight on the Target website and sold out, I wondered if the release really was so limited that there were not enough figures to go around to all the stores and all of the customers who wanted them.
        My sister-in-law bought Kelly Garrett for me from the website because she was worried the rest would sell through too.

Fortunately I have a friend in Colorado who had just purchased Wonder Woman and a bunch of the 8 inchers. When I mentioned my dilemma, he went back to his Target and picked up Wonder Woman and Zod for me and for 2 other friends who were also hoping for the new figures. What a good friend! Then, of course, later that day Marty Abrams posted the video about how the figures were still coming to all stores and not to panic or give in to scalpers.

Do I feel a little dumb that I am having figures shipped to me from Colorado when they might turn up in my family's neck of the woods in just a couple of days?
        Not really. I mean, everyone was posting mixed information, so we did the best we could.
        And although I really wanted Zod, I can't say I was going to have a pity party for myself if I didn't get him. But it worked out.
        I still think Mego will reissue some characters that sell out super fast or are better sellers, even if they make slight alterations to them.
        If there is a demand and money to be made and fans to satisfy, it seems like that's their original business model from way back, right?
        How many times did they include Batman in their 8 inch waves back then?

For me personally, I will not allow myself to get so whipped up over a toy that I lose all sense or become super desperate.
        I've been there, and I hate that feeling. I wasted an entire weekend once refreshing a stupid website waiting for the chance to purchase something.
        And it's kind of like, why? Yes, these things mean something to me - but there will always be something else and then another something else...
        I just don't want to be the kind of person who only lives his life for "things" - and especially with things like convention exclusives, where it's a rat race to get them and then the next year there's something else...

I hope everyone finds the figures they are looking for. Just try to be calm and patient and hopefully it will work out for you all!

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by rykerw1701
          Dracula was there for a while yesterday morning, as I was able to order one. The only thing I haven't seen online are the two two-packs, Trek and Jeannie.
          I Dream of Jeannie popped up and was gone after about 10 minutes. I managed to snag one before it went down. I'm wondering if the Trek sets did the same, and none of us were there to get them in the brief window they appeared.

Comment

• SWCWorld
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 10, 2011

After reading through all the posts in this thread, I thought I would share my experiences (I have posted in another thread, too):

I have hit four "local", Dallas, Texas area Targets (5 including the one my wife hit in Burleson, Texas, which is just south of Ft. Worth). Findings:

2 local stores in hometown - no Megos on display, no displays set up. I was able to purchase Action Jackson, Dracula, and Sulu from one only after a nice lady brought Box A out and opened it in front of me (as per other post in this thread, it had 2x Action Jackson, 2x Dracula, and 2x Sulu).
            1 older store in Plano - no Megos on display, no displays set up. A lady did say there was a box in the back and brought out 14" Batman and Harleyquinn and Star Trek 2-pack Mirror, Mirror, all of which I passed on.
            1 store in Addison, Texas (north Dallas) had almost all of wave 1 pegged in an interior shelf (not endcap) including all four 14" and mostly the female 8" figures and Chekov.
            1 store in Burleson, Texas had all on display in an interior shelf aisle, not an endcap.

After speaking with several employees at different locations, which ranged from no clue to saying that they probably had them in stock, it has become apparent that the majority of the Target stores are re-configuring their toy sections for pre-Christmas and moving a LOT of stock around. I've been to the same store twice in two successive days and have seen first-hand how changed the toy section is just in 24 hours, so I imagine that most stores WILL have the endcap MEGO display by the end of this week (if not earlier). Those few stores that had the figures out prior to the 29th were those that just put the merchandise out because the boxes were not time-stamped, and according to another nice lady who knew her stuff, if a box in Target is not time-stamped, then it is up to the floor manager and/or store manager as to when to place the stock on the shelves.

Right now, I have Sulu, Dracula, Action Jackson, and my wife picked up Fonzie and Chekov. Looking forward to wave 2 and possibly more Universal Monster figures, a 14" Superman, and more Star Trek....

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I haven't been told the same thing twice by staff at either of my closest stores, so I hope you're correct. Luckily you have the figures in hand.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Found them in my town. Furthest possible Target from my home. Funny thing is my buddy, who I'm sure had NO idea about these, had picked one up on Saturday night.

So again, the target.com information is incorrect as far in store availability. You gotta call and ask, or go into your stores and get someone to help you. They have the stock, it's just not being put out everywhere yet.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                  My story:

I'm in Canada. We don't even have Target here.
                  I had friends and family looking all over southern Illinois and New York City last week and on Sunday, with no luck.
                  I felt this was going to be a "this is the official release date, but things will trickle out as stores receive and stock them" situation.
                  But when I read here that the products went live overnight on the Target website and sold out, I wondered if the release really was so limited that there were not enough figures to go around to all the stores and all of the customers who wanted them.
                  My sister-in-law bought Kelly Garrett for me from the website because she was worried the rest would sell through too.

Fortunately I have a friend in Colorado who had just purchased Wonder Woman and a bunch of the 8 inchers. When I mentioned my dilemma, he went back to his Target and picked up Wonder Woman and Zod for me and for 2 other friends who were also hoping for the new figures. What a good friend! Then, of course, later that day Marty Abrams posted the video about how the figures were still coming to all stores and not to panic or give in to scalpers.

Do I feel a little dumb that I am having figures shipped to me from Colorado when they might turn up in my family's neck of the woods in just a couple of days?
                  Not really. I mean, everyone was posting mixed information, so we did the best we could.
                  And although I really wanted Zod, I can't say I was going to have a pity party for myself if I didn't get him. But it worked out.
                  I still think Mego will reissue some characters that sell out super fast or are better sellers, even if they make slight alterations to them.
                  If there is a demand and money to be made and fans to satisfy, it seems like that's their original business model from way back, right?
                  How many times did they include Batman in their 8 inch waves back then?

For me personally, I will not allow myself to get so whipped up over a toy that I lose all sense or become super desperate.
                  I've been there, and I hate that feeling. I wasted an entire weekend once refreshing a stupid website waiting for the chance to purchase something.
                  And it's kind of like, why? Yes, these things mean something to me - but there will always be something else and then another something else...
                  I just don't want to be the kind of person who only lives his life for "things" - and especially with things like convention exclusives, where it's a rat race to get them and then the next year there's something else...

I hope everyone finds the figures they are looking for. Just try to be calm and patient and hopefully it will work out for you all!

Yeah I agree. I'm not going to stress out about any of this. They're toys. I have way too many already. And I think we'll all get the ones we want sooner than later without paying crazy ebay scalper fees. Then we'll feel stupid for stressing about it at product launch. 10,000 of each is a lot of product for a niche market.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Well, from just seeing one store with the figures out I can say: They had everything! All the trek, all the TV stuff, Drac, Action Jackson and the 14". This stuff has probably been out for at least a week, and there were multiples of nearly every figure. It's all going to hinge on when the individual stores put their stock out.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

just went online again and ordered action Jackson,alice,sulu and Chekov.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 6, 2007

Bronx nothing yet at my closet 2 stores.
                        Anyone have different experience in the Bronx? or Manhattan?

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

My first box of Megos is on the UPS delivery truck as we speak. And my closest Target was in the process of tearing the toy department apart yesterday, so I'm stopping back today to check.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Found Drac at a Target in North Georgia! Some information and advice for my friends still looking for these figures:

1.) Marty Abrams was right when he said (nearly) every Target will be getting stock. The catch is some stores are getting more than others. I can vouch firsthand this stock is not limited to Target Super Centers.

2.) Many Targets already have their stock, they are just sitting in the backroom somewhere. Depending on how dedicated/knowledgeable the staff is, they can locate it in the back and send it up to Guest Services and hold it for you. (And good luck with that, because that is a very small number.)

3.) The stock isn't out yet because Target is doing a reset, and they are swamped with work. They are reorganizing their toy aisles to get ready for the holidays, and they're dealing with back-to-school as well. It may be awhile before our Megos actually hit the floor. Whoever said August 6th/7th was probably accurate.

4.) The only DPCI number that will work is 087-16-3112. That is the number that will tell you whether they have any Mego stock at all in the backroom. The individual numbers are not working at the moment. If you give them the DPCI for Dracula, for example, it won't show up on their scanners. You have to give them the number above.

5.) Call your Targets and ask to speak to someone in the toy department. Give them the DPCI and ask them if they have any in stock and on the floor. The answer is usually yes for in stock, no for on the floor. At this point it's up to you. You could ask them when they will hit the floor (it's always "tonight or tomorrow morning"), or you could ask them if they would mind checking the back room. (They should offer to do this, but usually won't.) If they locate the product, they should offer (or you can ask them) to hold it at Guest Services for you.

Well, that's it. The product is out there, and it is coming. If you follow those tips, you've got a good chance of getting what you want. Good luck, everybody.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                              4.) The only DPCI number that will work is 087-16-3112.
                              This is not correct. There are other case DCPI numbers that will work. 087162661 Jeannie two pack, 087162631 Mirror Trek two pack, 087162654 DC 14"

Those should help a little for some people.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                This is not correct. There are other case DCPI numbers that will work. 087162661 Jeannie two pack, 087162631 Mirror Trek two pack, 087162654 DC 14"

Those should help a little for some people.
                                DPCI 087162654 is this the case number for Batman? I was using 087162677 and it was always WW & Zod that they showed to me when they took it from the back room. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎