Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

One thing is for certain... Shame is destined to become a great custom for a number of interesting reasons. I suspect he'll sell out.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
      Haven't opened them yet, but got both Shame and Hatter. Hatter looks great; definitely seeing David Wayne in that face. Shame does look a lot like...somebody, I just can't put my finger on it. Sadly, it's not Cliff Robertson. The likenesses have been good to dead-on thus far; he's the first real misfire.
      Eh I definitely see a younger Cliff Robertson in the Sculpt

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Got mine today and, for the most part, enjoyed everything I saw.

The RM '66 Robin turned out fairly descent with the mask. It was slim like the regular RM Robin, but shaped better to give him a fairly close appearance to the TV Robin. Note everything is the same as the standard '66 Robin except for the RM mask feature. So I pretty much classify this as a diehard item.

Batman falls into the same category. Everything is identical except for the head sculpt. I DID like this sculpt and his brows were more pronounced and his eyes, more sunken in the cowl which the initial head sculpt really didn't do very well. This one does a better job of suggesting an actual mask on his head. IMO.

Up next is Mad Hatter and this figure is really made well. My only surprise and minor disappointment is his hat was not made of the same pliable material the other hats were, so it really just balances on his head. There is no fitting it down on him since it is a stiff restrictive plastic. I'm assuming this was a compromise based on adding the raised cap feature. This figure has a full shirt, vest and tie. The shoes appear to be repurposed from the Dressed to Kill KISS series (smart move).

Shame is a great figure all the way around. The actor likeness is excellent. The clothes(like the others) are excellent in construct, and his hat retains the pliable material that allows you to pose it any way you like. This figure also comes with a vest, full shirt, holster, and guns. The guns are kind of small but overall the figure is just designed nicely so I have no issues there. Easy fix for those who want to go with a different look.

Overall, I think it's another great installment in the series. I think the Batman and Robin variants are strictly for completest like me who just want all of the '66 stuff in this series. Otherwise, I think the villains are a must-have for anyone who has enjoyed this show and is a fan of this line who wants the core villains in the series. The quality continues and my Batman '66 display looks better than ever tonight.
        Last edited by MIB41; Jan 12, '15, 5:17 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

looks like batman has something up his backside

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ It slides up a little but can be adjusted down to seat on the shorts.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MIB41
              ^^^ It slides up a little but can be adjusted down to seat on the shorts.
              pretty sure he was referring to Batsy's expression.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ True. I fixed the hat problem by folding some masking tape on either side of the inside and that holds it good to the Mad Hatters head.

Comment

• Killer Iguana
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Feb 6, 2013

Is Batman's belt longer than the one that came with the original 66 figure?
                  Last edited by Killer Iguana; Jan 12, '15, 5:54 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Killer Iguana
                    Is Batman's belt longer than the original 66 figure?
                    Nothing that I can see. Like my original, I had to adjust it a little in the back to get it to seat evenly on the shorts.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

batman 66 line

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Nothing that I can see. Like my original, I had to adjust it a little in the back to get it to seat evenly on the shorts.
                      Awesome review, quick question. is there an issue with the head size with this wave 3 series.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                        Awesome review, quick question. is there an issue with the head size with this wave 3 series.
                        Thanks! I'll be completely honest with you. I've never seen a head issue in this particular series, so my judgment may not be helpful here. Looking at them, they seem to match up with all the other characters in the series. But I took some pics of them on the shelf in my office so you could see how they appear. Hope this helps! And sorry. As you can see, my camera phone is not the best, but I tried to give something that would offer scale comparisons.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Nice Tom! I really need the Hatter and Shame. Since space is becoming a premium here, I'm skipping all the variants.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the great pics, MIB41!!

I really like the improvement to the mask sculpt on Batman; I hadn't planned on buying this one, but after seeing yours I think I might! Shame is another one I've been on the fence about---I don't really have nostalgia for the character---but he looks so nice I'm definitely going to get him. I've already gotten Mad Hatter and love him: he's one of FTC's best.

About the head size issue: I've been critical and passed on several of FTC's DC Super-Heroes figures (Alfred, Gordon, & Bizarro) because of oversized noggins but I have no complaints for their Batman '66 line. The heads look fine on the figures and are consistent in comparison with all the other Batman '66 figures, which is what I'm looking for.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

where is Wave 4????????? Freeze,Bookworm,Tut,CatWoman.....and Batgirl

Comment

• megomania
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 2, 2010

Great review and thanks a lot for the pics, but an easy pass for me.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎