Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by aquaboy
    I preordered only supergirl , It's in my pile of loot! May pick up Bizarro , love his necklace. I'm really really looking forward to Lois , jimmy and new version of Superman...
    Supergirl and Bizarro are both excellent, you will love them.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I am looking forward to Superboy. I read the comics as a kid and I loved the Filmation cartoon with Krypto.

The key will be the head sculpt. He will be a little Superman, but he has to look young. It would be great if FTC developed a 7.5" figure. The 7" seems just too small against the 8" figures.

Hoping Superboy kick starts the LOSH.

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
        I am looking forward to Superboy. I read the comics as a kid and I loved the Filmation cartoon with Krypto.

The key will be the head sculpt. He will be a little Superman, but he has to look young. It would be great if FTC developed a 7.5" figure. The 7" seems just too small against the 8" figures.

Hoping Superboy kick starts the LOSH.
        Agree 1000%. I never had the TT as a boy, so I had no idea how small they are in comparison, I'd LONVE a TEEN DC figure that was just a smidge smaller, The TT do look like kids!

Comment

• K
          Fun Will Now Commence
          • Jun 20, 2001

Got a supergirl and really like it except she has TWO LEFT HANDS AND TWO LEFT FEET! I had extra hands, so replaced those, but didn't notice the feet until I removed the clothing. *sigh* Gotta get some feetsies, I suppose.
          I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Good thing thier quality is improving otherwise she might of had two left heads.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• houseofdracula
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by K
              Got a supergirl and really like it except she has TWO LEFT HANDS AND TWO LEFT FEET! I had extra hands, so replaced those, but didn't notice the feet until I removed the clothing. *sigh* Gotta get some feetsies, I suppose.
              The Bruce Wayne from the 66 line that I recently purchased had 2 right hands.
              Luckily, I had extra hands to fix the problem.
              The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
              https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                Good thing thier quality is improving otherwise she might of had two left heads.
                I notice you changed the quote you were using on your posts. Must have happened right after we agreed to a truce?
                Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Oct 7, '14, 8:43 AM.

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  I notice you changed the quote you were using on your posts. Must have happened right after we agreed to a truce?
                  Yes, I agree with the quote. We have to consistantly give them feedback to address the issues just as we did with the bodies strung too tight, it's the only way they will address the issues.
                  My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                    ^^^ See I would've LOVED tha;t if one head was the FTC DC Supergirl-like-kinda head 1 she comes w/ now, & the other was a "exact reproduction of her Mego counterpart" w/ Side-parted hair & some side bangs all contained neatly in a clear headband! That would be a perfect inclusion (at the company's expense) to please BOTH the Nostalgic collectors & the customers happy w/ the New close-enough look. That joke is Super funny, but makes me wish they did include a Mego Supergirl head (& sleeves lol)!

Comment

• Astronut
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 21, 2010

For me, I never had any of the female figs when I was a kid, so WW is close enough for me in that it gives me total nostalgia. Love what FTC is doing as long as they:

A) produce a near-exact likeness figure
                      B) are not shipping incorrectly assembled products
                      C) are not giving us poorly-made products that are susceptible to breakage

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Astronut
                        For me, I never had any of the female figs when I was a kid, so WW is close enough for me in that it gives me total nostalgia. Love what FTC is doing as long as they:

A) produce a near-exact likeness figure
                        B) are not shipping incorrectly assembled products
                        C) are not giving us poorly-made products that are susceptible to breakage
                        Personally, I remember the female Megos I had & in some (3-4) cases exactly where I got them. When I was a toddler to early 80's I Know I had 8" Mego Wonder Woman (w/ bigger stars), 2nd 8" Wonder Woman (smaller stars), Dorothy w/ ToTo, Catwoman, ISIS, Lt. Uhura, Daisy Duke, & BATGIRL lastly!

So SUPERGIRL & INVISIBLE GIRL were the only 2 I didn't have, although think I might of had FF's IG, BUT later I had a chance at ROWS of .99 cent *Invisible Girl's & 1 other FF fig that escapes me (*Torch?) on clearance in Syracuse NY at a BIG Toy store when I was older in the 80's & Passed on them despite my father pointing them out. They didn't have all 4 so.......KICKED myself later! (*Pin Pin FF maybe?)

So because I never had Mego SUPERGIRL, I was really looking forward to her. So although I am happy to be getting one, she is NOT as "Mego" as say the many FTC re-megos that came before her. She's the first MISS for total authentic Mego look, which means FTC is batting great as far as their "Mego look" is concerned so far (Heads/costume design).

Astronut, on your points :

A) agree 100%
                        B) agree 100%
                        C) agree 100%

I only add, please make New FTC DC figures all feel & look Mego (at it's Best) going forward & keep the heads all the same scale.It's really not much to ask as far as I'm concerned! I have thrown TONS of $-Cash at FTC, but if the issues don't get resolved, although they are doing GREAT & Fantastic at certain aspects of their awesome re-megos, I'll greatly drop down or seize my purchases. But, I'm going to remain optimistic that that won't happen & I'll get to do nothing short of Praise FTC! Here's to HOPING!

Comment

• K
                          Fun Will Now Commence
                          • Jun 20, 2001

Hahaha....I got what I thought was a great idea: I have an old Breyer female figure. I'll just swap the feet! Nope. LOL! They have different attachment styles.

In Figures' defense, I emailed them and they offered to send a pair of feet with my next order .

Comment

• Iron Mego
                            Wake Up Heavy
                            • Jan 31, 2010

With your next order? They should send you extra feet for free right now.
                            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• K
                              Fun Will Now Commence
                              • Jun 20, 2001

*shrug* I didn't push the issue...maybe they would have.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                                So SUPERGIRL & INVISIBLE GIRL were the only 2 I didn't have, although think I might of had FF's IG, BUT later I had a chance at ROWS of .99 cent *Invisible Girl's & 1 other FF fig that escapes me (*Torch?) on clearance in Syracuse NY at a BIG Toy store when I was older in the 80's & Passed on them despite my father pointing them out. They didn't have all 4 so.......KICKED myself later! (*Pin Pin FF maybe?)
                                Off topic, but that was likely Lionel Playworld or one of its related stores. They got in a bunch of Canadian carded Megos (French packaging) in the mid 80's. All four FF (probably good you passed on Invisible Girl, as those had the straight Daisy Duke arms), Hulk, Spidey, Batman, Supes and Robin. Don't recall any others. Good buy, but they were also the figures with cheaper plastic for the heads, so they tended to turn grey over time (except for Hulk and Spidey for some odd reason; Torch was red plastic like Spidey, but his head tended to discolor a bit like the others). Still was cool to be able to stock up on them back then, though.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎