X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
    I know we are talking WGSH here but if Im not mistaken I have boxed Waltons and Oz figures with twisty ties. Im not taking sides here or anything, Im just putting it out there.
    After I posted this, i read it and realized I did say boxed. Well the FTC figures are carded, so I will be quiet and go back to looking at the customs!

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Curious, and this is probably a question that mickey can answer.

We have seen production photos with figures being packaged at the factory.

The holdup for this latest round of two packs was because they did not have the clam shells, right? Yet, FTC had the figures in hand? Did FTC package these two packs themselves in Florida?

Maybe that would explain the shoddy package job, no twist ties to hold the figures in place, and the extra zip strips, because after seeing the package job and not wanting to hold these up any longer, they figured people might want to open and repackage these themselves.

That makes them not mint in package anymore, but with the FTC zips, who would know besides the opener?

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        Why should they be ashamed? You're the one that bought it.
        Why do you constantly defend CRAP??

They sent me a package where the figures where NOT tied down,Superman's head was turned BACKWARDS...They both were falling out of the tray and flopped around in the package...did you even read a word I said???? stop kissing FTC and pay attention

I didn't care too much because I open my figures,BUT A MOC COLLECTOR WOULD! DUH!
        Last edited by Teemu; Sep 28, '14, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by invisiblelad
          they should be ashamed of themselves for sending out a higher priced ftc exclusive that came w/ one figure not looking forward, one figure w/ his head turned around looking backwards & both figures flopping around in their clamshell w/ nothing holding them in. these are sold as special exclusives that moslt people buy to keep mib! This presentation couldn't of been worse unless the figures were naked on wave 1 bodies up-side-down in their exclusive packaging! Now add to this customers paid for these items when charged, shipping notices were sent out & the product hadn't even arrived at ftc yet, & didn't ship out for a couple weeks.

player we all know you love ftc! We get it you are undyingly loyal to ftc (except when they serve you crumpled wrinkled capes, a riddler w/ a broken arm & batman with a slightly lighter grey bodysuit)! But we pay for our products, we want ftc to succeed, so we are passionate. If we complain, so what....it isn;t nearly as sad as someone who obsessively complains about complainers, yet throws in his own complaints sporadically.
          quoted for truth

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            Forgive my ignorance of the issue but didn't Mego themselves just "throw them in a package"? I don't recall any of the real mego's having twisty ties around their necks at the 8 inch scale. They all kind of flopped around inside the bubble. Maybe I'm missing a bigger issue here, but to me I won;t lose any sleep if my Bizarro arrives without being tied in. In fact, I think I'd prefer to pop it open and play without feeling like I'm slowly defusing a bomb first.
            Let's see.... 59.99+ shipping (For a LIMITED Collector's 2 pack meant for keeping in the package).....Old Mego's back in the day for what $3-4? meant for KIDS to play with.......LOL there is no comparison here......KIDS are NOT buying these figures,WE ARE!!! the Collectors

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Random Axe
              Upon inspecting him from a profile, Bizarro looks like Ray Liotta.

"Hey man....um...am....Ray...Bizarro....."

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
                Why do you constantly defend CRAP??
                I didn't defend them, I said the figures should have been tied down, and that this was a QC issue.

Comment

• megodarryl
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 31, 2006

Thanks for posting these dynamite pics!!! Just in case I missed it-have they said anything about wave 3? Got my fingers crossed for Brainiac. And I'd love to see a Nightwing/Flamebird 2 pack

Originally posted by pmwasson
                  I took some pictures tonight of the Superman Wave from FTC.

I think they all look great!

Here is a Mego Type-2 Superman in the middle to compare against the new Superman and Bizarro

The capes are very similar, but the new ones seem a bit more wrinkled and have almost a papery feel to them.

Here is a side view of the heads. Bizarro head is obviously bigger, but it doesn't look bad in person. Part of it is he just has a bigger chin and more hair. His head doesn't look out of proportion in person.

Bizarro close up! The Bizarro #1 pendant looks great.

His body is normal flesh colored, but with the long sleeves and cape around the neck, it doesn't show.

Superman's in trouble now!

I think Mister Mxyzptlk has gone from my least favorite to one of my favorite figures! He has the cloth boots on under the regular boots, so you can choose how to display him.

I used stands in the photos just so I could quickly move them around, but they all stand fine on their own.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

My Supergirl's head is no bigger than any of the other new figures or old ones.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

First apologies Jim, this is more to invisblelad, and since I have him on ignore I don't see his posts anyway. First, the issue with the figures being loose, that's definitely a QC oversight. They just missed it. Sometimes it happens, but the point is if a customer continually finds problems with the products from a company then continues to buy those products, how do they expect to communicate to that company that they need to change anything? Believe it or not, the company looks at the bottom line, and if they see sales are continuing to increase, they they are far less likely to change anything.

If you guys want to be heard then stop buying their products. It could not be any simpler. By continuing to buy their products and then continuing to complain about them you aren't helping anyone. FTC doesn't hear you because they see sales are increasing, so you come here and complain about it to people here that don't want to hear it. We know what your problems are, we have them memorized, we don't need to hear them every single day from now on.

If you want to be heard, then when you get a product from FTC that you aren't satisfied with, then pick up the phone and call FTC and tell them about it. This is how most people handle such situations.

Complaining on Mego Museum isn't going to change anything. Actually changing your purchase behavior will.

Sorry Jim, again that wasn't in reply to you, you're actually one of my favorite posters here, wish you posted more often.
                      Any company that wants to stay in business for the long haul WANTS to know when it's customers are disatisfied, or they WILL eventually see a decline in sales. I would think they would want to prevent that, especially as a smaller company, rather than wait for sales to drop and then try to recapture them. It's much easier to take reasonable steps to rectify the problem to KEEP customers. Complaining on the forums is a secondary step, and does have an effect when the company knows certain sites are meeting places for their target audiences (even big companies like Mattel monitor the main sites for their properties). The first step should always be contacting the company and posting on their official site, or, in this case, their Facebook page. Solving the problem of the twisty ties is not a major bank breaker, as all of the figures have been secured up until now. And I would think they would want to fix a simple thing like that so it does not affect the sales of their next exclusive two-packs.

Waiting until you see sales drop when the fix is fairly simple is a foolish way to do business; FTC, as you yourself have pointed out on many occasions, has indeed listened to our complaints and addressed issues without waiting for a sales slump. But they won't know what to fix or what their customers aren't satisfied with unless we voice our expectations. THere will always be some white noise and unrealistic complaints, and any company knows that. And by quickly addressing the issues easy to fix, they appear responsive to the customer base, and that's always good for business.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ BEAUTIFULLY Put ScottMetz! Exactly what I thought! Also, how would FTC know that sales dropped because people complained once or twice each on their FB page & here? FTC would assume that sales dropped due to declining interest in their offerings, & therefore they might conclude to just cut their loses instead of sitting on their Knights, Pirates, Space 1999, Married With Children, some Happy days, some Monsters, some Robin Hood/Merry Men...for years to come!

ThePlayer must want FTC to fail maybe?

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                          ThePlayer must want FTC to fail maybe?
                          EXACTLY what I've suspected from the beginning.

ThePlayer's a double agent.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            Waiting until you see sales drop when the fix is fairly simple is a foolish way to do business; FTC, as you yourself have pointed out on many occasions, has indeed listened to our complaints and addressed issues without waiting for a sales slump. But they won't know what to fix or what their customers aren't satisfied with unless we voice our expectations. THere will always be some white noise and unrealistic complaints, and any company knows that. And by quickly addressing the issues easy to fix, they appear responsive to the customer base, and that's always good for business.
                            Totally agree with all of this, which is why I suggested that those of you that have complaints actually pick up the phone and call them or send them an email explaining your issues.

To me that makes more sense than just posting the same thing over and over here. Why not go straight to the source?

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

BTW looking at those pictures again the suits seem to really fit nicely on all the figures. Better than previous waves, it seems.

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Totally agree with all of this, which is why I suggested that those of you that have complaints actually pick up the phone and call them or send them an email explaining your issues.

To me that makes more sense than just posting the same thing over and over here. Why not go straight to the source?
                                And why not post complaints here to see if others are going through the same experiences (or otherwise share the same thoughts as you do) regarding a given complaint?

Heck, the result could be that you decide your own complaint might not be as valid as you once thought it was.

I quite welcome the opportunity to "eat my hat" so to speak.
                                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎