Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW FTC Limited Edition (100 each) DC Comics 2-packs Series 2 ANNOUNCED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Bet the September delay is for any 2-packs including 'new' figures that haven't been released yet.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

I was going to pre-order today thinking my credit cad would be charged in 2 weeks when FTC said 2-packs ship since I will not have money in my account until next Friday. Is everyone getting charged immediately? I want Superman/Shazam, Aquaman/Green Arrow, and Supergirl/Batgirl 2-packs.

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

personally I don't care for the side by side look. I prefer how Vinny does his with the characters separated. Lends more action to the look of the carded figures. These guys look more catatonic.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

It looks like they must have them all pretty much in stock! My 2 pack includes a Supergirl and she wasn't due until the end of next month I think.
          I don't see any Wonder Woman figures in the 2 packs though and I have pre-ordered her, as well as a 66 Penguin.

I keep thinking that makes him sound like car. hehehe

JeffBearCO

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

The bulbous part at the bottom of the neck on the Series 3 Batgirl figures are inside the figures rather than outside like the old Mego figures.

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
              • Jul 21, 2014

I am sooooooo tempted to get these, but I think I'll wait for the individual figures to be released. If I were to get them, I would get the Batgirl/Supergirl, Aquaman/Green Arrow, and Superman/Captain Marvel. Looking at the Robin/Batgirl pack, I now understand Robin's goofy grin.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

The odd thing is the Aquaman, Green Arrow and Shazam packs are listed as available early next month, but none of these figures are available individually for pre-order. Unless FTC is planning on just putting them up for sale in a couple of weeks without pre-orders.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I was able to place an order tonight after all, I got Superman/Shazam (I have the JLA comic where they 1st meet that's on the card!), Aquaman/Green Arrow, and Supergirl/Batgirl! I already have some FTC Batgirls but this was easiest way to get all figures I do not have yet in the least amount of sets!

I CANNOT WAIT to get these! Earlier than I thought I would and REGULAR versions NON Fist Fighters! Not that there's anything wrong with FF! ALL these figures bring back memories of when I got each one when I was a kid in 1970s! I am 44.

Superman- He was my 1st Mego in window box! My cousin got Superman same time, too (and a BB gun because he was older!)

Supergirl- She was my younger sister's LAST Mego 1979 Valentine's Day when she was in Preschool! I got CONAN! I have ALWAYS wanted a MINT Mego Supergirl!

Shazam- 1974 or 75 TG&Y (my favorite toy store!) I told my Mom "there's Shazam who I watch on Saturday morning!" Later got my sister Isis!

Aquaman- My maternal grandfather bought Aquaman (who I watched on Super Friends and got me into swimming along with Man from Atlantis Patrick Duffy!) for me at Walgreens and got my sister a Looney Tunes rubber figure!

Green Arrow- 1975 or 76 Easter! (When was he released in 1975?) My mom bought a GA for me and one for my older cousin at PN Hirsch dept. store! I couldn't believe how detailed Oliver Queen was and I had seen him on his ONLY Super Friends appearance! Now there's Arrow TV show!

Batgirl- My 1st FEMALE figure! 1975 Christmas along with Batcave and Batcycle which Batgirl always rode! My favorite Mego 8" female!

Now to get Wonder Woman who I have pre-ordered from FTC! September or October release?

FTC keeps making Mego dreams come true especially DC Comics and Batman 66 TV! Anxious for FTC to announce its NEW licenses including movies Mickey hinted at!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

That is so cool that you can remember where you got your Megos from, ovenmitt. Very cool.

Comment

• spiderman67
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 28, 2010

Are the fist fighter costumes altered in the back to accommodate the lever or are they the same as standard suits?
                      Take two mego's and call me in the morning.

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        The odd thing is the Aquaman, Green Arrow and Shazam packs are listed as available early next month, but none of these figures are available individually for pre-order. Unless FTC is planning on just putting them up for sale in a couple of weeks without pre-orders.
                        Mickey????????

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

Maybe the heads and costumes are ready and can be put on the normal body, but the fist fighter body isn't ready yet?
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I'm just wondering if some of these are the Fist-fighters or regular editions. There was no mention of that in the descriptions but they look like it.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
                              Mickey????????
                              Nah let's not get Mickey involved he would just play more 'guessing games' and we know you can't take that

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                                I was able to place an order tonight after all, I got Superman/Shazam (I have the JLA comic where they 1st meet that's on the card!), Aquaman/Green Arrow, and Supergirl/Batgirl! I already have some FTC Batgirls but this was easiest way to get all figures I do not have yet in the least amount of sets!

I CANNOT WAIT to get these! Earlier than I thought I would and REGULAR versions NON Fist Fighters! Not that there's anything wrong with FF! ALL these figures bring back memories of when I got each one when I was a kid in 1970s! I am 44.

Superman- He was my 1st Mego in window box! My cousin got Superman same time, too (and a BB gun because he was older!)

Supergirl- She was my younger sister's LAST Mego 1979 Valentine's Day when she was in Preschool! I got CONAN! I have ALWAYS wanted a MINT Mego Supergirl!

Shazam- 1974 or 75 TG&Y (my favorite toy store!) I told my Mom "there's Shazam who I watch on Saturday morning!" Later got my sister Isis!

Aquaman- My maternal grandfather bought Aquaman (who I watched on Super Friends and got me into swimming along with Man from Atlantis Patrick Duffy!) for me at Walgreens and got my sister a Looney Tunes rubber figure!

Green Arrow- 1975 or 76 Easter! (When was he released in 1975?) My mom bought a GA for me and one for my older cousin at PN Hirsch dept. store! I couldn't believe how detailed Oliver Queen was and I had seen him on his ONLY Super Friends appearance! Now there's Arrow TV show!

Batgirl- My 1st FEMALE figure! 1975 Christmas along with Batcave and Batcycle which Batgirl always rode! My favorite Mego 8" female!

Now to get Wonder Woman who I have pre-ordered from FTC! September or October release?

FTC keeps making Mego dreams come true especially DC Comics and Batman 66 TV! Anxious for FTC to announce its NEW licenses including movies Mickey hinted at!
                                Love your passion for the figures and what FTC is doing. Awesome to read.

The 2-packs are cool and several are tempting but the thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the amount of room they take to display. I know I need to still make room for the regular versions of these figures and I'm not interested in buying the figures if I just end up storing them in a box.

Then again, having too many figures to display is a wonderful problem compared to the alternative

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎