X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
    Looks like some bells started ringing!
    So the Clark Kent figure will come with Superman costume underneath? That would be a nice touch indeed!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 11, 2014

Cue winners theme!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
        Sent you a PM!

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Clark opening his shirt like that is one of the most iconic images of the character, and something you really couldn't pull of well outside of a cloth costume; it's a perfect fit for the line and something that hasn't really been done before in action figure form. And you can get a convincing pose with a Mego figure pulling apart the shirt to reveal the big red "S."

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Fun idea. You can tell there's a fan behind the wheel. Can't wait to see some more photos of prototypes.

Here's my changing Clark.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I know it is the wrong scale, but I always liked Hasbro's Clark-to-Superman figure. It even came with a cardboard phone booth!

item_L_5661846_2755666.jpg

But I liked the whole Hasbro DC line. It's what got me back into toy collecting after skipping pretty much all of the 90s.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I was just at the gym and was thinking it might have been the Conner Kent/Superboy clone.

There were a lot of licensing issues with the original Jerry Siegel family between Superman and Superboy. I thought that may have meant we would get Conner Kent before an actual Superboy.

Superman/Clark Kent will be GREAT though!

And Conner will be an easy custom once Superboy comes out!

JeffBearCO
                Last edited by jeffbearco; Jul 28, '14, 10:15 PM. Reason: Additional comment.

Comment

• TomStrong
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by TRDouble
                  I know it is the wrong scale, but I always liked Hasbro's Clark-to-Superman figure. It even came with a cardboard phone booth!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11949[/ATTACH]

But I liked the whole Hasbro DC line. It's what got me back into toy collecting after skipping pretty much all of the 90s.
                  I had a soft spot for those too. I particularly liked the Superman you posted there and the Batman that came with the Huge Batman book, it was a first appearance uniform.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

The sculpts on all those Hasbro DC figures were nice. Love GL, GA, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. Wish Wonder Woman and Flash had been made.

If the figures had actually been 8" it would have been great. I'm hoping FTC gets around to producing figures of the top line DC character that look that good.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
                      Fun idea. You can tell there's a fan behind the wheel. Can't wait to see some more photos of prototypes.

Here's my changing Clark.

Their are some big time fans involved now. Get ready for some of the figures you thought would never be made.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                        Their are some big time fans involved now. Get ready for some of the figures you thought would never be made.
                        Just Great time to hold off on more customs...lol
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 4, 2010

That's a fun idea!

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble

Forgot all about that one. It does show it can be done, at least, and I'm sure folks would love a re-do in actual Mego scale.

The Hasbro sculpts were good, and the approach to the gloves and boots was good enough that Mezco is making their Dark Knight Batman with a cloth costume basically the same way. I do prefer the FTC way of doing the same sort of thing with the '66 Batman and Robin; you lose the wrist and ankle joint, but if the costume is fitted wrong or a sleeve is turned the wrong way, you can pop the gloves and boots off to fix it. Not so with the Hasbro method.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

just wondered if there is any chance of these batman 66 figure hitting mass retail in time for the dvd tv show release, in maybe stripped down non collector friendly packaging, a header card and bag or regular blister card ,non clamshell packaging would surely trim a few $$s of the costs overall and make them a great stocking filler /impulse buy for parents and grand parents who remember the mego format fondly and the tv show,would be great to see a end cap display of these figures along side the dvd blu ray display and kids getting these at christmas

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 23, 2011

I don't know how many kids are interested in a 50 year old, $300.00 dvd that, honestly, hasn't aged that well.
                                Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                                just wondered if there is any chance of these batman 66 figure hitting mass retail in time for the dvd tv show release, in maybe stripped down non collector friendly packaging, a header card and bag or regular blister card ,non clamshell packaging would surely trim a few $$s of the costs overall and make them a great stocking filler /impulse buy for parents and grand parents who remember the mego format fondly and the tv show,would be great to see a end cap display of these figures along side the dvd blu ray display and kids getting these at christmas

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎