Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

I got the Bruce Wayne/Batman 2 pack right off the bat with very little thought into it. I'm wondering now if I would do the same for Dick Grayson/Robin. I probably would, but I don't know if I'd be as enthusiastic about it. I never did really care for the original head sculpt, especially the hair. If they redo the Robin sculpt in the Teen Titan's scale I would be more enthusiastic.
    I'm also thinking how many versions of Dick Grayson I'd buy. Original Robin, Dick Grayson, Nightwing. That might make for an interesting collection.

I'd definitely pounce on Clark Kent/Superman and Diana Prince/Wonder Woman though, especially if Wonder Woman was modeled after the 12 inch figure instead of the Wonder Pajamas version.

JeffBearCO.

Comment

• Marathon Runner
      • May 9, 2014

Is anyone surprised these haven't sold out yet? I purchased the Batman/Robin and Batman/Catwoman packs in mid April and my sets were numbered in the upper 40s or low 50s. I bought the other three last week and I received very low numbered sets (under 15). I would have expected them to sell out immediately. The packaging is top notch.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Yeah, I'm actually shocked these haven't sold out. 100 edition size is nuthin'. Hope they're being truthful and sticking to that number. I have no reason to suspect otherwise, but, yeah, I figured they'd be gone within a week.

Comment

• Vinny0026
          Year Five!!
          • Jan 26, 2012

I'm a little shocked they are not sold out - but I bet they will

as for the numbers - do we know if they are shipping these out in order?
          meaning that even though you got a low number - does not mean they are going in order.

They might just have a box of these and ship the first one they grab, not looking at the numbers.

limited edition of 100 is nothing
          so these will sell out for sure at some point.
          "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by Vinny0026
            limited edition of 100 is nothing
            so these will sell out for sure at some point.
            It was a great idea to sell 2 packs (they stole it from you Vinny),
            but what a sneaky gimmick to make $10.00 more on the figures.
            They are getting $30 each this way, instead of $25 each sold individually.
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Too many packaging variants for the same figures. I get what they're after but as we've talked about before, they're trying to slice the same crowd seven different ways.

Considering the shipping costs, they might need to adopt a MattyCollector approach and offer bundles. So pay x amount per three months and it's shipped in one giant box. It may attract more of the holdouts.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                It was a great idea to sell 2 packs (they stole it from you Vinny),
                but what a sneaky gimmick to make $10.00 more on the figures.
                They are getting $30 each this way, instead of $25 each sold individually.
                Different packaging and limited to 100 pieces. That's worth $10 to some people, to others it isn't.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                  Too many packaging variants for the same figures. I get what they're after but as we've talked about before, they're trying to slice the same crowd seven different ways.

Considering the shipping costs, they might need to adopt a MattyCollector approach and offer bundles. So pay x amount per three months and it's shipped in one giant box. It may attract more of the holdouts.
                  Boom goes the bomb.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Vinny0026
                    Year Five!!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

it all comes down to what you like

I'm a variant type of guy
                    I have the same figures in box, on card, on 2 packs and different versions of some.

we all know I have a weakness for 2 packs

I happen to like them and while I had most of them already
                    I still grabbed the limited ones

this is the mego relaunch and this is the first time we ever saw an official mego 2 pack (mine and others are just customs)
                    so these might be worth some bucks in the future.

if not we will rip these suckers open and make a clone army of batman and robins

IMO I don't mind the 10 bucks for a limited piece.
                    if it was 100 it would be a different story - but for 10 i'll roll the dice

Comment

• fatsal
                      • May 6, 2014

Personally, I passed on the two-packs (as beautiful as they are) simply because I prefer my Megos loose so I can "play" with them. That said, I think a $10 premium is pretty reasonable for a exclusives limited to just 100 each. The edition size I think is probably spot-on - just enough to make them relatively easy to obtain, but not so many that they choke on them. FTC, so far, really seems to know their market.

Comment

• Marathon Runner
                        • May 9, 2014

I am curious if we can determine how they are selling based on the order date compared to the numbered set received. For me. 3 of mine range in the upper 40s to low 60s and 2 under #15:

Early April order: Batman/Robin #4x, Batman/Catwoman #5x
                        Early May order: Bruce / Batman #1x, Batman/Joker #0x, Joker/Penguin #6x

Comment

• Vinny0026
                          Year Five!!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by fatsal
                          Personally, I passed on the two-packs (as beautiful as they are) simply because I prefer my Megos loose so I can "play" with them. That said, I think a $10 premium is pretty reasonable for a exclusives limited to just 100 each. The edition size I think is probably spot-on - just enough to make them relatively easy to obtain, but not so many that they choke on them. FTC, so far, really seems to know their market.
                          agreed - and if I may add:
                          The added bonus of the 2 packs for them is/was it pumped out some new excitement - while it was the same figures - the 2 packs gave it a whole new look and all new hype.

IMO they know what they are doing, and they are really pushing this stuff out the right way.

I have not come across any one issue that would cause people not to buy these figures.
                          They are getting better with each wave - I really can't wait to see some of the never before produced figures down the line.

Comment

• fatsal
                            • May 6, 2014

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                            I really can't wait to see some of the never before produced figures down the line.
                            Me too! For reasons I really can't explain, I am inordinately excited to see the reveal of the Neal Adams Batman and Robin.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by fatsal
                              Me too! For reasons I really can't explain, I am inordinately excited to see the reveal of the Neal Adams Batman and Robin.
                              Years from now I think we'll say that the new figures are what truly made this line spectacular. FTC signing up The Farrow to do the sculpts is a game-changer.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I am really eager to see more of the Neal Adams version of the characters!

BRING THEM ON!

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎