Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
    If they make 2-packs of Batman '66 with really nice artwork, I'd probably get those.
    I have to say, I am now considering going this route. The 66 figures interest me, but not as much as the Megos. But if they came out in a really nice 2-pack limited again with great art, I would snag them.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Tarzan and Jane 2-pack would be fun

Comment

• gummi
        Career Member
        • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        I didn't open mine, so on yours how were the bodies? Just wondering if the bodies were as tightly strung as the previously released Wave 1 figures or if these bodies had been 'fixed'.
        I didn't really examine them very closely. Robin seems good, but Batman's arms were a bit tight as they wouldn't stay at his sides, but that seems to be pretty typical with these Mego-like figures.

Originally posted by rjm118
        very disapointed in the condition Cat Woman was in, her head was twisted around, her glove is off and Batmans extra logo is missing, just the bit of plastic it comes in.

for the price I paid i expected much better, especially since its numbered and I bought it to display only.

I wrote to FTC, so hopefully they will send me a new zip tie so I can open it and fix it or else it goes back.
        If you don't want to wait on the new zip tie, check out my post previous post. You can remove them very easily and reuse them with no damage to the tie at all.
        "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

so far i just got the batman robin one ,i like the comic cover for the batman catwomen set,perhaps that
          one ill get .

Comment

• rjm118
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 25, 2012

If you don't want to wait on the new zip tie, check out my post previous post. You can remove them very easily and reuse them with no damage to the tie at all.[/QUOTE]

Will try it! Thanks!

Comment

• Vinny0026
              Year Five!!
              • Jan 26, 2012

Just Curious

I know a lot of people were not happy with the 60.00 price tag on the 2 packs a while back.

Do they still feel the same now that the diamond select Marvel Figures will be 80.00?
              and not have the 2nd body

Was just curious as to what people are thinking now
              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• BATMAN89
                Mego obsessed!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010

Hey Vinny,
                What I find strange is that the single figures are $25, but a 2 pack is $60???
                Sorry, but I would just buy them separately to save 10 bucks.

Besides, they stole the 2-pack idea from you!!! LOL
                Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

While I like the 2 card idea, I preferred the 'deluxe figure' idea suggested by T-Bolt: Packaging the removable mask versions with the S.I. outfits. Now there is a smart marketing idea! Imagine how many more Bruce and Dick they could have sold in this format, through the direct market stores.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                    Year Five!!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                    Hey Vinny,
                    What I find strange is that the single figures are $25, but a 2 pack is $60???
                    Sorry, but I would just buy them separately to save 10 bucks.

depends on what you plan on doing with them.
                    I leave most of my stuff un opened.

So I'm ok with the 10 bucks here for a limited piece.

I think the artwork is what really makes these guys pop/ so it displays really well.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                      Year Five!!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      While I like the 2 card idea, I preferred the 'deluxe figure' idea suggested by T-Bolt: Packaging the removable mask versions with the S.I. outfits. Now there is a smart marketing idea! Imagine how many more Bruce and Dick they could have sold in this format, through the direct market stores.
                      I would not be shocked to see those at some point after that wave hits

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                        Just Curious

I know a lot of people were not happy with the 60.00 price tag on the 2 packs a while back.

Do they still feel the same now that the diamond select Marvel Figures will be 80.00?
                        and not have the 2nd body

Was just curious as to what people are thinking now

I think the perception is that the Diamond product will be of far higher quality than the FTC. Honestly, it will need to be if the pricepoint is to be sustained and justified. If the Diamond stuff falls apart, or doesn't pose well, or has accessory difficulties, then it will be even harder to swallow the cost. I think the two packs from FTC are reasonably priced, since you have a complete toy once it is out of the packaging (should you choose). With the Diamond, you still need to invest more on bodies to display the 3 figure outfits simultaneously. So, you must add more investment cost to complete the loose display. I think $55 would have been much more in line.

Comment

• rjm118
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 25, 2012

I bought the Batman/Catwoman 2-pack because the art work was awesome and its numbered and limited. Do I think the price tag is excessive? Yes, but I wanted it. lol.

I've never been big into Marvel so the Diamond/EMCE Spidey doesnt really interest me as much, although I may buy it to support the line. I just wish they offered the Spiderman in a retro window box on his own as well for $25. Make that set a limited edition and people will pay the $80.

Just my opinion.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

With the 2-packs, the people that see no value in it being limited or in the special artwork are the ones that think it's overpriced. Those that do think it's a great deal.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

With the 2-packs, the people that see no value in it being limited or in the special artwork are the ones that think it's overpriced. Those that do think it's a great deal.
                              Thats a great point.

I can see why people who will open them, or want them loose would think this way.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Exactly! FTC has to release figures that will SELL to the broader market, not the 5 obscure figures that some MM members want cause no other line has made them yet.

People want Batman characters and Superman characters. That's 90% of the market right there. That's why the majority of the 'new' figures you see over the next year or two will likely be Batman or Superman characters. Because they are the more easily recognizable and the more bankable. Even a character like Hawkman that almost everyone here wants need to be in a wave with other more 'mainstream' characters in order to sell.
                                Haven't posted in a while, but seeing the cardbacks showing what's hopefully coming and seeing the debate here begs a comment or two.

The first thing you have to remember here is the market being targeted. This isn't a retail line; it isn't even DCUC, a retail line aimed at collectors and kids. The main market for this line is folks like us, adults who likely had the old Megos, grew up in that era, or old time comic book/Superfriends fans. These aren't for kids or casual buyers, so Mattel's fallback Crisis on Technicolor Batmen approach isn't going to work here. And within that market, guys like Hawkman ARE mainstream. Folks who would be buying these are, by and large, going to remember the Superfriends, or more recently Justice League. Heck, let's throw in Smallville, Brave and Bold, and Young Justice. Green Lantern? He had his own movie and a two season cartoon outside of the SF show. Flash is getting his own show in a few months. This is the kind of stuff most of the market here is likely following. Truthfully, the most "obscure" characters I see shown so far is the Marvels, and I can site the old Filmation show for old timers like me, as well as Brave and Bold, Justice League and Young Justice for the more modern day. Heck, looking at the more modern shows, we could likely add folks like Black Canary (add the current Arrow appearances for her) and even Red Tornado (major character in YJ). Even the Legion has had multiple appearances on TV and Smallville, and that's not even counting two seasons of their own toon.

Bats and Supes will always have the surest sales, but, as we've seen almost regularly from Mattel, you can easily overdo it to the point of killing a line (as Mattel has done more than once). You have to find a balance, especially in an adult, collector's aimed line like this. People who bought Megos in their heyday have been waiting decades for GL, Flash, Hawkman, Luthor, Sinestro, Grundy and a whole list of characters they watched on Saturday morning, and the prospect of getting some actual "Mego" versions of those heroes and villains is likely as big a draw as getting a repro of the old Batman and Superman. There are many in this market who already have the old guys, and the new characters are the big draw. Even the Batcentric Mattel looked at characters like GL, Green Arrow, Flash and Hawkman as mainstream anchors for the DCUC waves, the popular characters to help carry the more obscure ones. FTC looks to be keeping the selection VERY mainstream as far as non-big two characters go; no one I see on that cardback hasn't had a major appearance on a nationally broadcast show or movie in the past several years. And I see nothing that fans of the era these figures represent wouldn't likely recognize.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎