Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Ok I just got in that the Wave 2 Teen Titans will be in 8 inch style.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

That makes me VERY HAPPY!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• william shatners toupee
        Warriors Gate Productions
        • Feb 18, 2010

I agree I would want the 7" Titans remade as 8" figures later on. I would actually want an 8" Wondergirl, Kid Flash, Speedy, and Aqualad as a pretty high priority. This is not to say I won't buy the 7". To me that's just them younger.

Comment

• melkorjunior
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 20, 2014

Hopefully the 8" Titans will have a resculpted Wonder Girl without the baby face. I never had Mego Titans as a kid--I was completely unfamiliar with the characters so I probably would have passed them by in the store. (I had Robin but I knew him from the Batman TV show.) Looking at these pictures now, Kid Flash is pretty nice, and Speedy would be cool with a corrected outfit. I never much liked Aquaman so Aqualad wouldn't be a purchase for me. If I can find some way of getting a Robin outfit together that fits the 7" Titan body, I might pick up a Kid Flash and Speedy to go with him.

Comment

• melkorjunior
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 20, 2014

Just read back in the thread and saw that a 7" Robin is apparently on the way. Good. But I think I might use the head from the '66 figure--it's just so much cooler than the standard Robin head.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

This will be an interesting dilemma since all future series will not be compatible with series one. Maybe it would have been a better idea to forgo the smaller scale and make them all eight inch? I think it would allow them to stand apart from the vintage line while embracing the new characters they're adding.

Comment

• fatsal
                • May 6, 2014

Possibly MIB41, but there is a large contingent of folks who want their near-exact reproductions too. For the era they represent, the original Titans should be 7-inchers. That said, with the announcement of 8" Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven and Starfire, I'd have to think that a follow-up wave would be in order with 8" Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy (with correct pants) and Changeling/Beast Boy. Personally, I'd be fine with owning multiple versions of these characters, especially if they correct some of the Mego shortcomings in the process (Speedy's pants, Wondy's headsculpt).

Comment

• fatsal
                  • May 6, 2014

Originally posted by melkorjunior
                  Just read back in the thread and saw that a 7" Robin is apparently on the way. Good. But I think I might use the head from the '66 figure--it's just so much cooler than the standard Robin head.
                  I wonder if the 7" Robin is the Neal Adams version we've heard rumors of, or just a scaled down version of the original Mego. I'm hoping for the former, but the latter would make a certain retro-sense too. If it is an "Adams" sculpt, are there any potential issues with swapping a 7" head onto an 8" body?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I am so relieved that TT 2 will be 8"! 1980s Titans Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven were in their LATE teens and should be taller than 7" Series 1 TT!

I would eventually like 8" Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Speedy (with pants!) and 7" Beast Boy/Changeling since he was younger and shorter than other Titans!

Comment

• fatsal
                      • May 6, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                      ... 7" Beast Boy/Changeling since he was younger and shorter than other Titans!
                      Very true, I forgot about that. With an alternate costume, mask, boots and gloves, a 7" Beast Boy/Changeling could fit in with either Titans lineup. Does FTC stay true to Mego-style and give Beastie a green head on a flesh body, or do it up right on an all-green body?

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎