Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Overall I'm pretty impressed but I do hope that the picture of WG isn't the final product. Hair is too short and I'm not sure what is going on with the head/neck area but she looks a bit "off" to me. Regardless, I have mine on order. And with the news of all the other figures coming out, I hear the sound of money being sucked out of my wallet on a regular basis.

Comment

• drogge
      Career Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

WG looks off, the necklace is thicker and the hair is shorter, could just be the absence of the plastic head wrap. I never saw or even owned the rest of the TT group. These are truly exciting times, I just hope there is enough fan boys to keep this line alive for years to come.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

need Beast Boy.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Wow! Who wouldn't be happy to see these on a toy shelf?
          FTC, Thank you for the ReMego, and all the pieces and parts to come.
          Last edited by dr_cyclops; Apr 13, '14, 12:56 PM. Reason: needed it.

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

They could always Fix Speedy and Wonder Girl by making 8" versions of all the first wave Teen Titans Characters looking like the Artwork they used.
            Since they are making 8" New Teen titans and Nightwing hopefully they can make 8" versions of the original 4 as well.
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by bobws
              They could always Fix Speedy and Wonder Girl by making 8" versions of all the first wave Teen Titans Characters looking like the Artwork they used.
              Since they are making 8" New Teen titans and Nightwing hopefully they can make 8" versions of the original 4 as well.
              That would be pretty cool! Good idea.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

Do we know if the new Teen Titans figures will be 8" adult or 7" teen bodies?

I'd actually love to get them all in the 8" adult bodies, especially with updated costumes and females with elbows.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Was looking at Wondergirl, the head just looks off, the shape isn't slender enough and the hair is too short.

Now sure if the neck would accommodate this head, but if so, I think this head would look much better on the figure - http://www.classictvtoys.com/femaleb...8inchhead.aspx

Thoughts?

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

^i agree the generic head would look better, but the Wonder girl is made to duplicate the mego version of the figure and while it's not as spot on as some of the other repros, it's close.

I hope FTC gets around to doing a Wonder Girl on an 8-inch figure with jointed elbows, using the generic brunette head or one sculpted more like the comic version.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
                      ^i agree the generic head would look better, but the Wonder girl is made to duplicate the mego version of the figure and while it's not as spot on as some of the other repros, it's close.

I hope FTC gets around to doing a Wonder Girl on an 8-inch figure with jointed elbows, using the generic brunette head or one sculpted more like the comic version.
                      Agreed, they were shooting for Mego, which is what they should be. I might try the swap on mine and see how it works.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by boss
                        Is it just me or does Wondergirl's head look like the cake topper heads at Michaels?
                        I agree. I have seen those and not until you mentioned that did I see the resemblance. Assuming that is the final product we are seeing, I'm going to be taking her out of her packaging and doing everything I can with the steamer and boiling water to flatten and lengthen her hair. It looks way way way too short. I get that FTC is trying their best to stay true to the originals but WG's hair should be much longer than that and I know the one I had when I was a kid was longer that what is shown.

Comment

• megozilla13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 10, 2002

If you take the the Wondergirl outfit off and put in on a Zica Ivonne body, I think that would make a perfect Wondergirl figure. The FTC one looks odd to me, like a 6 year old with boobies.
                          The rest are nice although they look as of lesser quality than the originals.

mikej
                          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by bobws
                            Has FTC confirmed that the NTT are going to be 8"? It's going to look really odd to have K Flash, Speedy and WG being so much shorter than Nightwing and company, but you can't make somebody like Cyborg, who was easily 6 foot, on a 7" body. You'd almost have to make a second version of the above three or have two incompatible sets. Not that I'd object to them doing that; a full sized Mego Speedy in the NTT George Perez costume would be worth a second purchase in and of himself.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                              Custom Mego Maker
                              • Jun 3, 2007

Beast Boy.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I am definitely going to hold off until I see what the second wave of Teen Titans looks like.

Personally I'd like to see them redo the original 4 plus Robin in 8" format in George Perez costumes. I'd actually be more than OK to see them just repackage Robin from the 66 line using costume and head sculpt with different packaging for Teen Titans. Then use the same head with a different mask and costume for Nightwing.

Still very eager to see what they do with Cyborg and Kory! I have a lot of hope for the Teen Titans line. But still holding off until I see what they do with at least these 2.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎